PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Browns and 1st rounder for Garappollo (Maybe Yes or No or Who Knows)EDIT

These sports journalists are like high school kids. Seems every rumor they hear they are so eager to tell someone before someone else, and if it what they say isn’t interesting they’ll make something up that does.

I heard a bunch of the Brady TB12 promo crap in the radio today

The dude is in the throes of a midlife crisis

Warrior spirit.....lmao

I wish garoppolo was still here

Every Brady ‘tough guy’ notion is insanely hilarious

Why do you hate him so much? He’s just promoting his brand.

The way I see it, he needs to play football a couple of more years to really launch the product so it takes root.....if he quit this year it would just whither and die without him on the field......to really prove that he is the storm and that giraffe spooge gives you the edge
Got some takes over here folks. Get em while they're hawt.

From strictly a marketing viewpoint I think he's hurting his brand more than helping.
There are many who are sick of the Patriots and sick of him because of his success as a Patriot.
Seems like he's doing his own marketing and IMO anyways he's not very good at it.
He's lived here a long time but he's still a California boy by nature.

From strictly a marketing viewpoint I think he's hurting his brand more than helping.
There are many who are sick of the Patriots and sick of him because of his success as a Patriot.
Seems like he's doing his own marketing and IMO anyways he's not very good at it.
He's lived here a long time but he's still a California boy by nature.

Have you been to his website?

He's selling the TB12 services as well as nutrition and supplements.

I regularly workout (lift, run, swim, etc) and would be inclined to try his products, but the fact that he's partnered himself with a quack like Guerrero is turning me off.

He could have an amazing marketing strategy but I think Guerrero is what's gonna hurt his brand in the long run.

Warrior spirit.....lmao

yes..those last 2 SB comebacks certainly showed Brady's warrior spirit.

Appreciate what you are seeing..

Warrior spirit.....lmao

Brady has proven himself to be plenty tough, despite his pretty boy rep.

This update just confirms my suspicions that Belichick didn't take Sashi seriously enough to bother.

Several people have written posts to make it sound like BB chose a 2nd from the 49ers over a 1st-rounder from the Browns. But even in the original article, it's pretty clear that the Browns never actually got the chance to make an offer at the trade deadline.

My guess is that Sashi overplayed his hand (or played it extremely poorly) during the draft, and BB had no desire to deal with that idiot again. I suspect Cleveland was willing to offer up the 1st but didn't at first, and played all sorts of stupid games trying to get Jimmy for cheap so BB didn't take them seriously and moved on from them.

People think that BB traded Jimmy to San Fran as a goodwill gesture or to do good by Jimmy. But thinking back on past trades, it feels like BB doesn't try to extract every single last bit of value out of any trade. I think he looks for an easy and fair deal, and looks long-term. Think about the Cassell deal. Apparently he made the deal with the Chiefs, but Josh was willing to pay more. But he had already given his word to KC. Sure, it was Pioli, but I don't think he chose to help Pioli over Josh. I think it was about his word and what it means long-term.

So he could have bid Pioli and Josh against each other to try and drive up the price on Cassell. But he felt he was getting good value and he gave his word on the deal, and it was important to keep it for the long-term. And I think others like Sashi try to nickel and dime every little bit, and BB had no interest in going through that. I could see a scenario where Sashi went back on the deal a few different times, trying to nickel and dime BB.

This is totally hypothetical, but I could absolutely see Sashi being a **** to deal with. Like I could see him offering Cleveland's 3rd for Collins, and when BB agrees, Sashi turns around and says, "OH I can't do that, but what about our comp 3rd?" Then BB might agree, only Sashi says, "What about our 4th and 6th? I mean the 4th is high in the round, it's not that much different than the comp 3rd." And only when BB gets fed up and threatens to give up would Sashi eventually go back to a previous offer. Again, totally fabricated, but I could see Sashi being a total **** to deal with all based on trying to maximize value.

I think BB values trust and relationships, and I don't think he had a good experience dealing with Sashi previously to the point he wasn't willing to go through that again if he could get similar value elsewhere with 90% less headache. And I could see Sashi's desire to squeeze every last bit of value in the short-term costing him in the long-term, while BB is willing to take less in the short-term for more long-term gain like a good trading partner.

None of that is verifiable, and BB will never discuss any of it. But some of his past actions, his consistent trade partners or his unwillingness to deal with certain GMs seems to reflect something similar to that.

Why do you hate him so much? He’s just promoting his brand.

I don’t hate him......but it’s obvious that the brand started interfering with the real reason for being there which is why B.B. tossed Guerrero

Marketing his brand makes him no different from the Ball family

yes..those last 2 SB comebacks certainly showed Brady's warrior spirit.

Appreciate what you are seeing..

An incredible catch by Edelman and an int by butler .... without those, it’s 3-4 in the SB

Warrior spirit.....lmao

Leave and become a 49ers fan then. Why the **** are you still here? Hate his marketing and brand all you want, but the truth is he is a sports legend in this region (well the nation too). He is still playing great and ready to lead us to hopefully a SIXTH Super Bowl.

We don't have more than one Super Bowl, two if we are lucky without his play on the field, and the lesser salaries he has taken to keep a quality roster.

I'm not much of a fan of his marketing either but still have a massive amount of respect and appreciation for what he has given Patriots fans everywhere.

An incredible catch by Edelman and an int by butler .... without those, it’s 3-4 in the SB
Wow you are more terrible of a poster than I had ever realized before. The incredible catch by Edelman and Butler INT are not possible without Brady putting us into position to complete the incredible comebacks.

i think gisele has influenced him a lot

he's marketing upscale "california" type stuff.....borderline mystic on occasion......and most of his fans are "bud light" and "bench press" type of people.....different demographics

but if he can keep up elite level play another 3 years.....people would have to listen

Brady's replacement will be his son.
Idiot post

Good job, I've been beat over the head with the blunt force of your wit. In no time you'll be debating Skip Bayless about Lebron's shoes.

Leave and become a 49ers fan then. Why the **** are you still here? Hate his marketing and brand all you want, but the truth is he is a sports legend in this region (well the nation too). He is still playing great and ready to lead us to hopefully a SIXTH Super Bowl.

We don't have more than one Super Bowl, two if we are lucky without his play on the field, and the lesser salaries he has taken to keep a quality roster.

I'm not much of a fan of his marketing either but still have a massive amount of respect and appreciation for what he has given Patriots fans everywhere.

Easy there, fella

No need to be so defensive

His work speaks for itself.....the warrior inside ******** detracts from it

Because every Sb ever won was because the defense made no plays at all.

Helmet catch and Welker holding on ( or best throw of Eli’s life and d allowing 2 80+ 4th quarter drives) and he is 7-0.

Wow you are more terrible of a poster than I had ever realized before. The incredible catch by Edelman and Butler INT are not possible without Brady putting us into position to complete the incredible comebacks.

Are you saying it’s a team game? If so, then great.

As for your opinion of me as a poster....I don’t give a sh*t

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back