PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats did Jimmy G a 'favor' by trading him to 49ers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cleveland Browns is a NFL football team (in spite of not looking like professional on the field) , they work under the same salary cap, the figures are in millions.

You know what's tough? It's tough to take a crowded bus or subway in the morning and go work 8 - 10 hours, other examples of tough lines of work, dealing with someone else's money, do night shifts in a hospital, law enforcement in dangerous places. That's all tough, and there are hundreds of other lines of work that are tougher than sports.

I'm sure BB is not worried about sending a guy to make millions in Cleveland. If they are unhappy they can do other things, see above.

For me, the trade to SF is, like others said, sending him out of the conference and also getting Hoyer.

If everything else is equal, I can see BB doing a solid for very few players and I think Jimmy might be one of them, but it's the last criteria on his list. A deal in the NFL is a business deal, and it involves millions, BB is a hard worker and he is not going to sabotage his employer and not getting the best deal over silly things.

I agree the conference was a big factor. I’m sure the Patriots wish Manning had chosen an NFC team in 2012. Why trade him to a potential competitor when he can alone be the difference in a W or L.

Fivehead stayed in the AFC because he didn't want to be in the same conference as his brother

Should have drafted him in the first round then we'd have another year of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News