PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns interested in trade for Garoppolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope is he isnt traded.
Why trade Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young.
We are not finding another Brady in the next 100 years.
Why trade the next best thing away
This has been gone over and over and over. Jimmy is playing elsewhere unless Brady falls off the planet and he is not going to and we are not trading Brady.
Young brought one additional SB to SF dynasty... Rodgers has only won one so far no idea if he wins another. If Brady wins even one more in the next few years he essentially IS the Steve Young (one more title) for the Patriots.

Cleveland Browns: Jimmy Garoppolo can be an upgrade at the right price

Article guessing that Browns #33 overall will be enough to get him. Doesn't mention the outbreak of a bidding war.

Nice plan for the Browns, but they seem to think they are going to get a QB that fixes their problem cheap, and then have two 1st round picks to use on impact players.

Nice plan Cleveland, but if you want Jimmy, then he will need to be one of the 1st round round impact players.

Nice plan for the Browns, but they seem to think they are going to get a QB that fixes their problem cheap, and then have two 1st round picks to use on impact players.

Nice plan Cleveland, but if you want Jimmy, then he will need to be one of the 1st round round impact players.

It's such an absurd reality that bottom feeder teams seem to exist in. As if draft picks are some magical elixir, and teams should be happy to take a lesser pick for an actual talent.

I guess when you are that bad for that long, all you can do is hold on to hope for picks to turn out. Why look for legitimate talent when you can have an endless cycle of top 5 picks.

BB could take an entire new staff, only FAs & undrafted free agents in a new city w new expansion team and beat CLE by two TDs next Fall.

BB could take an entire new staff, only FAs & undrafted free agents in a new city w new expansion team and beat CLE by two TDs next Fall.

Yep. As long as he has Caretaker and Nate Scarboro to keep the team in line and Paul Crewe at QB he'll be fine.

Yep. As long as he has Caretaker and Nate Scarboro to keep the team in line and Paul Crewe at QB he'll be fine.

And Ernie Adams......

Doing, who knows what?

NFW do we trade JAG for a top 2nd, even with other picks. See exception below.
We can keep him as QB security against a Brady disaster and get a 3rd eventually for him. Pats also get a better look at Bisquick.

A team might offer their 1st in the calendar 2018 draft plus a 2nd-3rd this draft. Worth considering if it's the best offer, Pats 50-50.

To be fair I think that's just the inverse of anyone here hoping for a top 10 pick. Could happen, and if it does it's because the price was driven up by the various teams interested in getting him.

So long as it doesn't come at the Patriots expense, I want to see my fellow paesan Jimmy G do well wherever he goes. However, the only thing I care about if he is traded, is getting the best return possible. They could ship him to the Siberian Ice Cats for all I care, if it netted us the best package of draft picks.

So long as it doesn't come at the Patriots expense, I want to see my fellow paesan Jimmy G do well wherever he goes. However, the only thing I care about if he is traded, is getting the best return possible. They could ship him to the Siberian Ice Cats for all I care, if it netted us the best package of draft picks.

The Ice Cats don't have a decent pick.

The market is starved for a qb that even gives a team a whiff of efficient production

The options aren't very many.....

Hometown boy with the bears, that's an excuse waiting to happen....I would consider the #3 pick in the draft

Look at the Sam Bradford deal.

Garopollo isn't as proven as Bradford was, but he has much more potential.

Bradford is the definition of mediocre and everyone knew it. He still got traded for a 1st rd and 4th rd pick.

Garopollo will net us a Top 12 pick or a kings ransom of 2nd day picks.... Its very simple. He's better than any QB in the draft and much more NFL ready. Why waste a Top 12 pick on a project that will take time and effort to develop, when you can get a QB like Garopollo who can start tomorrow if need be, and has already been groomed by Brady and Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back