PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Browns and 1st rounder for Garappollo (Maybe Yes or No or Who Knows)EDIT

If true.

Bill ****ed up.

But so what. We all make mistakes and winning the Superbowl this year really puts that bad taste out of the mouth.

Time to move on. Brady is the mvp for Christ sake

If true.

Bill ****ed up.

But so what. We all make mistakes and winning the Superbowl this year really puts that bad taste out of the mouth.

Time to move on. Brady is the mvp for Christ sake
Interesting how an unemployed GM is coming out with this.

#posterity'ssake

Reiss already reported dealing with that Browns organization with the Jamie Collins trade was "arduous".

Why deal with that ****show! I wouldn't! Plus you get Jimmy out of the conference.

Bill traded him to a place where he could flourish. He liked Jimmy G. I think that’s what happened here.

1. Trading Jimmy to the Browns would be career ending
2. Browns aren't guaranteed to send in the paperwork on time
3. Trading to NFC is better than AFC
4. Our trade is a win for all parties
5. We got Hoyer as backup

Last edited:
Revisionist history. You think you can believe the Browns?

Not just that, but the guy who was fired shortly after f—king up the AJ McCarron trade.

Occam's razor suggests what happened is this:

1. Call 49ers. See if you can get trade that gives them Jimmy G and gets Hoyer back.
  2. If that fails, then try other options.

lol.....the Browns......where football players go to die

it would be nice to have that 4th pick, but when was the last time the pats picked high? Mayo .... and before that? Seymour (Warren, but that was 13-14)

I think people need to realize this wasn't just a trade for the 2nd rounder - this was a trade for (what was at the time) a very high 2nd rounder AND the ability to obtain a backup quarterback that is good and already knows their system. That has a TON of worth. In my opinion, I don't think Bill would have traded for even a high 1st at that point in the season if it meant that he would basically have no backup QB - he'd be signing some veteran with no knowledge of the system at all. That's crappy and not a position Bill would ever want to put himself in.

Again, in my opinion - if SF wasn't willing to deal I think Bill would've just kept Jimmy through the rest of the season and let him walk in FA for the third round comp pick, rather than risk the entire season on Brady staying healthy the rest of the year with basically no depth at QB.

1. Wasn't enough. A 1st rder and a 3rd or something along those lines.
2. It's an AFC team.
3. That franchise is a mess so BB was doing Jimmy a favor by moving him to a better organization.

You can't blame BB for god awful owners and GMs, who are clueless and/or don't want to maybe trade with him in fear of being embarrassed. I think that's a big part of this, because these teams were not involved in trying to acquire JimmyG:

1. Chicago
2. Arizona
3. Washinton

Dark Horse: New Orleans

I think people need to realize this wasn't just a trade for the 2nd rounder - this was a trade for (what was at the time) a very high 2nd rounder AND the ability to obtain a backup quarterback that is good and already knows their system. That has a TON of worth. In my opinion, I don't think Bill would have traded for even a high 1st at that point in the season if it meant that he would basically have no backup QB - he'd be signing some veteran with no knowledge of the system at all. That's crappy and not a position Bill would ever want to put himself in.

And remember that the Patriots got the 49ers to eat Hoyer's salary, too.

1. Trading Jimmy to the Browns would be career ending
2. Browns aren't guaranteed to send in the paperwork on time
3. Trading to NFC is better than AFC
4. Our trade is a win for all parties

Quite frankly, I could give a crap about all those 4 if the Browns offered that pick. None of that helps the Patriots. I just do not believe they offered.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back