PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wish Will Brinson of CBS Sports was the Browns GM - Garoppolo trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
2017 NFL Mock Draft: Browns take Myles Garrett, trade 4 picks to Pats for Garoppolo

I know there are a million ideas on what Garoppalo is worth, but this is the best retur. I have seen yet.

Let's hope the Browns GM reads this article after a couple beers & picks up the phone & calls Belichick.

Check this out.

2017 picks
Brown's 1st round pick #12 overall
Browns 2nd round pick #33 overall
Browns 2nd round pick #52 overall

Browns 2nd round pick (The Browns own pick)

For
Garoppalo

Can you imagine the other owners hearing about that trade ?

Priceless !

Im not a gymnist but I think I'd do backflips if that trade became reality......

At that point there would have to be a mercy rule.....that would be scary for the rest of the NFL. I mean BB is just toying with his victims

This offseason is defying the laws of physics, lol. A team can't have this much cap space and trades to boot after winning the SB?!?! Right?

They were playing a pretend you're a GM game on the Around The NFL podcast today and Dan Hanzus, a Jets fan, offered Leonard Williams and three number one picks (#6 in '17 plus '18 and '19) in a pretend trade for JG. Would hate him going to the Jets but that's a haul.

Would you risk him being on the Jets for that haul?

They were playing a pretend you're a GM game on the Around The NFL podcast today and Dan Hanzus, a Jets fan, offered Leonard Williams and three number one picks (#6 in '17 plus '18 and '19) in a pretend trade for JG. Would hate him going to the Jets but that's a haul.

Hell yeah Jets gonna Jet and that's basically four top picks!

It would be a bad move for both teams. We have beaten to death the idea that Garopollo is a great insurance policy, or possibly successor, to Brady. It is obvious that he can thrive in the Patriots offensive system, as he understands the schemes and has shown tremendous poise, albeit in limited time. He is more valuable to the Patriots than to any other team. If the Browns get him, he will probably wilt and lose his confidence with terrible talent and coaching around him

Go back and watch his six quarters of play. Sure, he won't put up a QB rating of 120 in his career, but he clearly has the intelligence, poise, can read through progressions, appears to have the accuracy and arm to succeed. Other backup QBs the Patriots drafted never looked even close to that good, so let's give up the idea that we could just draft another guy and plug him in. IMO, Jimmy Garoppollo is the second most valuable asset right now on the roster, behind only Brady, for his insurance against a Brady injury/decline and potential future as their starting quarterback,

Nope. I wouldn't.

Wait! Are there any cupcakes involved?

Last edited:
2017 NFL Mock Draft: Browns take Myles Garrett, trade 4 picks to Pats for Garoppolo

I know there are a million ideas on what Garoppalo is worth, but this is the best retur. I have seen yet.

Let's hope the Browns GM reads this article after a couple beers & picks up the phone & calls Belichick.

Check this out.

2017 picks
Browns 2nd round pick #52 overall

For
Garoppalo

Can you imagine the other owners hearing about that trade ?

Priceless !

While that might be a bit more than the Browns would be willing to give up, I don't think it's that far off. I bet Cleveland's final offer will be something like this:

2017 picks

They might also be willing to throw in a some late picks.

So what do you do if that is true? I can appreciate that BB loves JG and would love to keep him. But if you're really going all in, how can you turn that offer down?

New England is already loaded and the clear favorite to win the next Super Bowl. Imagine the young, relatively cheap talent you could collect and have the rights to for the next several years. Truly the Patriots could dominate in a way even they never have.

And the thing is, giving up all those picks really doesn't hurt Cleveland that much because they have so many picks. This is the perfect storm for New England: an already loaded team, a prized backup QB, a forlorn franchise with multiple picks who haven't had a good QB in years.

We all think Bill Belichick is a pretty smart GM. If he eventually pulls the trigger and gets all these picks, we'll look back and realize how perfectly he's played this situation -- putting out the word that JG is not available. My guess is that that's exactly what's going to happen. Everyone will be amazed by the haul the Patriots get from Cleveland for JG. And the Patriots will load up.

Please, Bill. Do this. You won't regret it.

At that point there would have to be a mercy rule.....that would be scary for the rest of the NFL. I mean BB is just toying with his victims

They've been implementing the mercy rule since Cameragate.

We traded a pretty good qb to the Bills (Bledsoe) in 2002, so trading Jimmy G to the Jets is not out of the question..

Maybe we can start a bidding war between Cleveland and the Jets...

We traded a pretty good qb to the Bills (Bledsoe) in 2002, so trading Jimmy G to the Jets is not out of the question..

Maybe we can start a bidding war between Cleveland and the Jets...
Sorry, they're going after the cupcake known as Jay Cutler.

If he's worth that much to another franchise, you should probably at least entertain the concept of what he's worth to this one.

I like Jimmy a lot, but not that much. Hell yes I would

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore