PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Browns and 1st rounder for Garappollo (Maybe Yes or No or Who Knows)EDIT

Idk if that's true or not but wow. How do you not make that deal? Has to be some grudge with the browns for BB

Pretty big **** up if true, but I'm always skeptical when a local beat writer reports knowledge of what a GM was willing to do. Remember Mary Kay Cabot endlessly reporting that the Browns were offering a king's ransom that they almost certainly weren't really offering?

Considering that Don Yee is Brady and Garoppolo's agent maybe Belichick made this move in good faith that Don Yee will somehow return the favor perhaps with a team friendly Brady restructure. The baffling part is that belichick didn't negotiate a conditional draft pick based on garoppolo's playing time and wins.

You can't blame BB for god awful owners and GMs, who are clueless and/or don't want to maybe trade with him in fear of being embarrassed. I think that's a big part of this, because these teams were not involved in trying to acquire JimmyG:

1. Chicago
2. Arizona
3. Washinton

Dark Horse: New Orleans

New Orleans would have been in the same boat as the Pats, though, so them not offering isn't a surprise at all. Chicago has Trubisky, and I think WAS still has hopes of getting Cousins to sign long-term, so I can understand those two.

But Arizona really had no excuse (especially since the Chandler Jones trade didn't work out too badly for them).

There’s no way this is true. We know the Browns’ draft day offer, a second and change. They weren’t going to offer significantly more than that for a 6 game tryout on a winless team. This sounds like the front office’s propaganda to counter what Hue Jackson has been leaking to reporters.

Idk if that's true or not but wow. How do you not make that deal? Has to be some grudge with the browns for BB
No. The Browns are in the conference and doing deals with them was the equivalent of a colonoscopy only the doctor is Marc Bertrand

painful and the guy is annoying and no idea what he is doing.

For all you garropolites this rumor would prove your true loyalty. Those who think JG is the next superstar would want him in another conference so we won’t have to face this Super Bowl contending qB every year. That’s unless you love him so much that you would risk us losing playoff games to your phenom.

New Orleans would have been in the same boat as the Pats, though, so them not offering isn't a surprise at all. Chicago has Trubisky, and I think WAS still has hopes of getting Cousins to sign long-term, so I can understand those two.

But Arizona really had no excuse (especially since the Chandler Jones trade didn't work out too badly for them).
...and doing business with AZ was like ordering a coffee and egg sandwich at Dunkin Donuts.

Easy

Am I the only one that cares about the Patriots here? I don't care about Garoppolo and the 49ers. This is sports, not world hunger.

And everyone would have drafted Brady in picks 1-198.......

Hindsight is great, and anyone who tells you what offers were on the table are full of it!!!!!

My guess is they wanted to offer a first round pick, but they faxed the offer over written in crayon on the back of a children's coloring book and Belichick decided not to waste any more time.

Trade deadline was Oct 31st

Watson tore his ACL Nov 2nd

Texans were 3-4 and 2 of the losses were @NE & @SEA in which they could have won both games.

So let's just stop the revisionist history talk. There was nothing at the time that was telling Belichick the Houston pick would be top 5, everything was pointing to the Texans being in playoff contention. Belichick also probably didn't want to send Garoppolo to that ****hole of an organization. He sent him to Lynch and Shananan who he clearly respects. Pl;us 49ers had shown interest months before which was confirmed by Lynch. Browns until this there are no actual confirmations that they ever offered anything for Garoppolo. Also it's been 2 months since that trade how come this report didn't come out sooner? Seems more like some piling on.

Last edited:
Bill traded him to a place where he could flourish. He liked Jimmy G. I think that’s what happened here.

I hope that's not true.

The Patriots are a franchise dying for first round talent, since all we got the last 2 years was Cooks. Can't keep going like this--we need replenishment of talent. I hope this isn't the case.

And we would have had whom as our back up QB for the rest of the season? Too late to the party Browns, as usual. Also, no one has really talked about this, but right now Jimmy G has not signed a long term contract, correct? He probably will, but what if he doesn't? Then who'll look like the genius (again)?

I not buying it. I am sure the browns where playing a ridiculous game with BB or maybe BB wanted cleveland's first rounder. Idk. Either way the browns look like losers in the end. They will ruin another QB' s career.

oh well. time to move on. months ago

For all you garropolites this rumor would prove your true loyalty. Those who think JG is the next superstar would want him in another conference so we won’t have to face this Super Bowl contending qB every year. That’s unless you love him so much that you would risk us losing playoff games to your phenom.
I can sleep now knowing Cleveland has been neutered

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back