PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Browns and 1st rounder for Garappollo (Maybe Yes or No or Who Knows)EDIT

I just find it interesting that people continue to deny the fact that this was a cluster faulk. Its okay to say it. I am happy Brady is the Patriots starting QB and I love Belichick as the coach. That doesn't mean I cannot comment on how this was faulked up.

That is the purpose of a discussion board, no?

It is more likely that you and your opinions are brainless garbage than BB not thinking through a trade that involves a pretty talented QB. But by all means explain to me how he is known for kneejerk, thoughtless decisions..

We are going to the land of fantasy ? Ok then.. if he had traded JG maybe Brady would have been injured during camp by your imaginary first round pick when he got pushed into our QBs knees.. and we would have been not even in the playoffs leaving your imaginary draft pick sitting on some beach on a tropical island enjoying his first offseason..

How is that for a fantasy ?

It was widely reported that the Browns offered a first round pick. Shefter reported the Patriots would not trade Jimmy, no matter what the offer. We hear again that the Browns were willing to part with a first round pick. What is fantasy about any of that?

It is more likely that you and your opinions are brainless garbage than BB not thinking through a trade that involves a pretty talented QB. But by all means explain to me how he is known for kneejerk, thoughtless decisions..

There you go, get the hate out. This is what hardcore denial looks like.

My feelings are hurt because you continue to whine about something over and over and in this process show very little knowledge about how a team is run.????
I mean if you want to really go with that, go ahead but its not a very good look for you.

The only thing we are certain of with this trade is you are a whiner.

This is what kills me haha.

It's like you think you know more when you know as little as everyone here. And people who have a different opinion you simply dismiss as whining.

I just find it interesting that people continue to deny the fact that this was a cluster faulk. Its okay to say it. I am happy Brady is the Patriots starting QB and I love Belichick as the coach. That doesn't mean I cannot comment on how this was faulked up.

That is the purpose of a discussion board, no?

What you call a fact is not actually known to be one. That seems to be the point you're missing.

Those reasons are terrible rationalizations made up by fans. Yes, Belichick is a human being and can make mistakes.

Making a mistake in FA, draft, roster decision, play call, strategy etc is all part of being a HC/GM. There are volumes of BB mistakes. No one is saying he is perfect.

My beefs with your post are....

A) You believe a fired GM who will go down as the worst GM in NFL history and not BB. name me one GM who is worth his salt who has come on and said, "My offer was better and Belichick is an idiot" . Hint: ZERO.
B) BB is an elite GM but you say "he just f-ed up" and was careless. Please list the times BB was careless.
C) You claim he f-ed up but refuse to offer the numerous reasons why he didn't do the deal. You position is one of ignorance and whiney.

There are 10 pages of reasons why he did the deal with SF and not CLE. I'm not going to list them out and you are too lazy to read them and I sure as **** am not going to do your homework for you.

I believe he was trying to keep Jimmy. He misread his ability to sign him to a bridge deal or misread Brady's decline. Regardless, he made a mistake by not trading him before/during the draft. Patriots could have a first round pick+ on this team right now helping them win.

He didn't misread anything.

Fact 1: BB never wanted to deal him to an AFC team, unless overwhelmed with compensation.

Fact 2: BB cannot control dumb franchises. You have to have numerous potential partners to maximize ROI.

How Chicago, Arizona and the Skins were not in on the bidding, no one has any idea, other than they are really, really dumb franchises. As if Trubisky appears to be a better prospect than JimmyG? And, I like Trubisky, but he's more of a risk and did technically cost less, but you get what you pay for. Chicago also just hired an OC that only gave Kareem Hunt 11 carries total on Saturday, with a 21-3 halftime lead at home, so you tell me how smart some of these franchises are.

Carson Palmer and his albatross contract and fading career is a better investment than JimmyG? The Skins still have not signed Cousins, have lost their leverage in that situation and they weren't bidding, but once threw away numerous picks for RG3?

Again, it is not BB's fault the league is littered with horrendous franchises.

IMO, teams are also FEARFUL of dealing with BB because he has a rep of fleecing other GMs due to his brilliance.

Even the Collins deal, look how good that whole thing looks.

1. Traded back and fleeced Vikes GM, Rick Spielman. He drafted Collins and then Logan Ryan, along with Josh Boyce in the process. Obviously. Boyce was a bust, but the yield is classic BB. Minnesota drafted Cordarelle Patterson, a guy who needed the playbook dumbed down for him at the Univ of Tenn.

Again, BB cannot control stupidity elsewhere.

2. The Pats won a SB in 2014 and BB deemed Collins uncoachable and only seeking the highest bidder, so he dealt him off for a 3rd and won another SB.

The logical reason is the Patriots could have a first round pick + on the roster right now. I am not sure how you cannot see that.
Thats your problem. You are believing a kiss-n-tell GM with zero street cred who was the worst GM in professional sports the last two years.

You are in trolling waters.....

You can discuss what you want and have your opinion. I respect that. Dosent mean you have the first clue of what is going on, despite you thinking you do.

But carry on. Its amusing.

I follow the team very closely. I read everything, I go to the games, what makes you think I don't have any clue? Because I have an opinion on this topic that isn't based on pure hero worship?

I am looking at this situation quite logically and my position has always been to trade Jimmy or keep him, but the team should maximize value. Value was not maximized for whatever terrible reason and the Patriots traded Jimmy for a mere 2nd round pick when there were first round picks on the table.

This is what kills me haha.

It's like you think you know more when you know as little as everyone here. And people who have a different opinion you simply dismiss as whining.
Again you know more than bb It has been written

Enjoy your supreme football knowledge skills

Thats your problem. You are believing a kiss-n-tell GM with zero street cred who was the worst GM in professional sports the last two years.

You are in trolling waters.....

You do realize that the GM is just corroborating stories were heard prior to the draft, this isn't new information.

I follow the team very closely. I read everything, I go to the games, what makes you think I don't have any clue? Because I have an opinion on this topic that isn't based on pure hero worship?

I am looking at this situation quite logically and my position has always been to trade Jimmy or keep him, but the team should maximize value. Value was not maximized for whatever terrible reason and the Patriots traded Jimmy for a mere 2nd round pick when there were first round picks on the table.
That there were 1st round picks on the table is not a fact.
Following the team closely and going to games doesn’t mean you have knowledge of what was it wasnt offered .

Things pink hats say. And as mentioned since you are so dismissive of logic and facts and everyone’s effort to try to point you to facts , you or borderlining on trolling

There you go, get the hate out. This is what hardcore denial looks like.

How is any of this denial. The entire JG situation has been discussed in detail until the end and BB gave a very clear press conference about it. They rode it out as long as possible, exhausting all options to keeping it going but then got to the point where they had to do something otherwise there would have been no compensation (no a imaginary comp pick at the end of the third round that might end up in Foxboro a year late is not the same).

JG had all the leverage in this situation. He could essentially dictate to which teams he would go by saying via Don Yee where he would sign the franchise tag and where not. If you hear from a players agent already ahead that there will be a franchise tag hold out coming I am sure you will not be willing to pay the 4th overall pick of the draft.

Similarly the team didnt have a way to make any other team believe that franchising JG was an option this offseason so there really was also not much leverage there.

I dont understand how dense a person must be to not understand those very fundamental things. Nothing here is complicated or difficult to understand. Jesus..

Making a mistake in FA, draft, roster decision, play call, strategy etc is all part of being a HC/GM. There are volumes of BB mistakes. No one is saying he is perfect.

A) You believe a fired GM who will go down as the worst GM in NFL history and not BB. name me one GM who is worth his salt who has come on and said, "My offer was better and Belichick is an idiot" . Hint: ZERO.
B) BB is an elite GM but you say "he just f-ed up" and was careless. Please list the times BB was careless.
C) You claim he f-ed up but refuse to offer the numerous reasons why he didn't do the deal. You position is one of ignorance and whiney.

There are 10 pages of reasons why he did the deal with SF and not CLE. I'm not going to list them out and you are too lazy to read them and I sure as **** am not going to do your homework for you.

Those listed rationalizations are terrible.

1) The Browns are a difficult organization to deal with...give me a break, a first round pick plus means you suck it up to make your team better. Belichick signed Albert Haynesworth because it might make the team better. Just stop.

2) He wanted insurance in case Brady sucked or got hurt - another terrible argument. He traded Jummy in the middle of the season, proving that the argument was flawed. And to expect Brady to not be ready this season...really? We all know Brady is the GOAT for a reason.

Those are the top two rationalizations and they just are bad.

He basically is trying o punish BB for being a great GM.

Essentially, BB's only flaw is that JimmyG apparently developed into a legit Pro Bowl level kind of NFL QB for 3 years in NE, so the fact Jimmy graduated in 2014 and not, say, this year, with Brady nearing the end, is why BB failed.

lol

His argument is a canned Felger/Mazz Special, basically.

The entire NFL with Goodell is annually scheming to cheat our team essentially because of how great BB is as a GM and Coach, and that's outside of Brady's greatness, too.

Things pink hats say. And as mentioned since you are so dismissive of logic and facts and everyone’s effort to try to point you to facts , you or borderlining on trolling

Yes, I am a pink hat because I have season tickets. I went to the Jets game, did you go to it? Maybe I saw you in the bathroom, missing the game, because you were too cold.

So a fired GM says he would have offered more 2 months after the fact makes it true?

The same GM that somehow agreed to a trade for AJ McCarron but was too busy celebrating that he and his office forgot to submit their end of the paperwork to the league?

Yes let's believe that guy.

You do realize that the GM is just corroborating stories were heard prior to the draft, this isn't new information.
Can you please find some of these stories? I know there were lots of rumors and reporters’ opinions, but I don’t remember seeing any worthwhile reports and I can’t find any on Google right now.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back