PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Re-watch thread ATL @ NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP2

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
An early glimpse at the all-22 soon to come.

Not sure what I'm seeing here- I think I see us in 2 x 2, maybe we'll run a double concept here, maybe slant/smash?... thoughts?

aWSi1XD.jpg

Not sure what I'm seeing here- I think I see us in 2 x 2, maybe we'll run a double concept here, maybe slant/smash?... thoughts?

aWSi1XD.jpg

I believe that's the D view MP was going for..

Looked like they played a lot more man to man coverage concepts than I was expecting. I had to check my eyes last night, but I believe I saw Cover-1 on multiple occasions. I was surprised by that and it speaks to the level of confidence they had in Bademosi.

I think there will be enough from the first half to look at once the All22 is out.

Looks like the film that @Tony2046 gets for the 4th quarter is going to be virtually useless. From the head honcho --
While Belichick downplayed any effects the fog had on the game during his postgame press conference, the Patriots head coach admitted in his Monday morning conference call with the local media that the unique atmosphere limited what the coaches could see when they went back to watch the film from the impressive victory.

“It affected us a lot this morning,” Belichick said with a chuckle, “because it’s hard to see the game. The fourth quarter is pretty close to a white out on the sideline film. The sideline cameras are at the top of the stadium. So that’s a tough shot. The end zone cameras are a little bit lower and they get a little tighter shot. So the picture is a little bit clearer. But on that shot a lot of times you aren’t able to see all the guys on the perimeter, it’s kind of an in-line shot. Yeah, I’d say the first half and the start of the third quarter…it’s all right. As you get into the middle of the third quarter and on it’s, for those of us with aging eyes it’s a little strain to see it and then there is a point where it’s, you can’t really see it at all, especially from the sideline. So, yeah, that affected it.”
Presser Points: Belichick - Coaches' tape a foggy 'white out'

Below are a couple of sources of tape. We will eventually get some all 22's, but they will be too foggy for much analysis of the second half.

Picture/GIF/Video highlights thread (Week 7, Sunday) • r/nfl

Feel free to take one of the clips from r/nfl put it into Gfycat - Create, Discover and Share Awesome GIFs or Streamable - video for publishers and post it with relevant commentary and/or film breakdowns. If you have trouble getting this to work feel free to message me. Otherwise, please start discussions around other's clips or referencing particular plays. Someone else might be able to find the tape of the play for you.

Last edited:
As always, many of the regulars (@Tony2046 , @luuked , @long distance , + others ) want to keep this thread centered on evidence based discussion. If you believe you know the secret the Patriots' struggles or successes, then find some particular plays as evidence!

I'll add this link: Patriots Falcons 2017 Gifs • r/Patriots

It's highlights, not all 22, but it's still a good way to review particular plays. Overall, it looks like the defense executed better than we've seen recently, with fewer mental mistakes and breakdowns. One thing that stood out to me is how physical the secondary was in fighting off blocks to make tackles.

For example, look at Butler on this tackle by Badamosi. He fights off the block from the WR and the OL, and even takes him to the turf. I love the aggressiveness!

@reamer awesome link! I missed that r/patriots does this.

I think Brady's overturned interception might deserve some discussion in its own right, but I just want to talk about Gronk's tackle:

I like to imagine that Gronk had some fun on that one, I know I did watching it. I wonder if this changed that DB on the Cooks end-around. Maybe Gronk got in his head.

If #23 actually takes on Gronk he might slow down Cooks enough for the back side pursuit to catch up.

Last edited:

aWSi1XD.jpg

I think Brady's overturned interception might deserve some discussion in its own right, but I just want to talk about Gronk's tackle:

I like to imagine that Gronk had some fun on that one, I know I did watching it. I wonder if this changed that DB on the Cooks end-around. Maybe Gronk got in his head.

If #23 actually takes on Gronk he might slow down Cooks enough for the back side pursuit to check off.

Came here to post this. I'm convinced Gronk's hard tackle on Alford got into his head on the Cooks TD.

Regards,
Chris

Here are some clips focused on some nice run stops:

Flowers, fought off a 1v1 block to make the play:

M. Butler, I wonder if he was blitzing again. Or maybe something tipped him off that it was a run:

A. Butler, with the sack. Defense looks much better when we can get pressure with 4:

(These were more clips from that r/patriots highlight completion)

Last edited:
Whose 97 on patriots? He required double teams that allowed other edge rushers to only have to win their 1 on 1 battles to get pressure on the QB. Great work by 97, he was getting a ton of push against the double teams..he is reall physically strong

If #23 actually takes on Gronk he might slow down Cooks enough for the back side pursuit to catch up.

lol, #23 makes a business decision on that lead block by Gronk hahahah

Can you even imagine being that guy in that exact moment in time.. and how terrifying it must be to see Gronk running with a full set of steam, locked eyes as he barrels down on you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey