PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rewatch Thread: NE vs. KC (W6 SNF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good throw, great catch, but a Terrible play call. It's 3rd/1, and you're calling for a deep sideline pattern into coverage? When your running game is clicking?

They got lucky - this time.

Sorry not sorry, but I won't "STFU" when I see dumbass situational football like that, even when it worked.

Last edited:
And here is Lazar with his deconstruction of that Hill 75yd TD

In the end one of the players in that stack of 4 was in the wrong place. But I guess we will never know for sure who.

Harmon lost all leverage the minute he turned his back on the play. Worst mistake a DB could make.

Good throw, great catch, but a Terrible play call. It's 3rd/1, and you're calling for a deep sideline pattern into coverage? When your running game is clicking?

They got lucky - this time.

Sorry not sorry, but I refuse to "STFU" when I see dumbass situational football like that, even when it worked.

My gut tells me they would of went for it if that play didn’t connect.

Harmon lost all leverage the minute he turned his back on the play. Worst mistake a DB could make.

The catch wasn't made in his zone. Not sure why people think this was on Harmon. Jason McCourty got caught looking into the backfield and didn't drop, and Hill had a wide open zone. Harmon didn't take a great angle on the tackle but Hill's maybe the fastest player in the league.

Pretty great design to create a natural pick AND delay the pass rush by KC.

Pretty great design to create a natural pick AND delay the pass rush by KC.

Don't know what Chung was doing on that one. He allowed himself to lose Kelce as soon as the ball was snapped...and Kelce not getting chucked at the LOS by Van Noy didn't help either.

Last edited:
Interesting to note on those two long TD passes we only rushed 3 and dropped back into zone.

A play that definitely got lost in the shuffle for me.

I don't understand what he's saying. Why is Gilmore not supposed to follow that guy in the first place?

Shelton continuing being solid.

Looks like the Left guard thinks the centre is going to take him, no?
And this is why the offense will be so difficult to stop:

And in other games it might be Dorsett on a comeback route who gets the 1v1 instead of Hogan. Too many viable targets on the field for the opponents.

01 personnel on 3rd and 1.:eek:

I don't understand what he's saying. Why is Gilmore not supposed to follow that guy in the first place?

I guess Lazar assumes that Gilmore is responsible for the zone (e.g. if someone would have crossed from the other side at the same time the area would have been empty).

But that assumes he knows the exact coverage details on this play. Either way big play by Gilmore.

I guess Lazar assumes that Gilmore is responsible for the zone (e.g. if someone would have crossed from the other side at the same time the area would have been empty).

But that assumes he knows the exact coverage details on this play. Either way big play by Gilmore.

Inside out box is a zone call, so Gilmore would have stayed in that area and released Watkins to someone, but my bet is that he recognized the play and freelanced.

It was a good thing that he did- no way Harmon would have been able to keep up with Watkins.

The catch wasn't made in his zone. Not sure why people think this was on Harmon. Jason McCourty got caught looking into the backfield and didn't drop, and Hill had a wide open zone. Harmon didn't take a great angle on the tackle but Hill's maybe the fastest player in the league.

As the single high safety, he is the final line of the defense, so on paper anything that gets by him is his fault.

He is supposed to keep the play in front of him and may have turned to run to try and get more depth, but with KC's speed, that was a fatal mistake.

As the single high safety, he is the final line of the defense, so on paper anything that gets by him is his fault.

He is supposed to keep the play in front of him and may have turned to run to try and get more depth, but with KC's speed, that was a fatal mistake.

I don't for a second believe he was a single high.

Mayo said on QuickSlants that Harmon just underestimated Hills speed and didn't drop deep enough. Makes sense to me.

Looks like the Left guard thinks the centre is going to take him, no?

01 personnel on 3rd and 1.:eek:
Here's the thing. It's 3rd and one, and you come out with an empty backfield committing yourself to the pass. WHY???? I mean, you don't have to come out with 2 TE's and a FB on that play, but to completely ignore the possibility to run the ball is mind boggling to me, ESPECIALLY when the play action pass looks had been so successful.

That pass to Hogan was no sure thing. Hogan had him beat, but not by much and it took a great pass to drop it in to him. Like I said no sure thing. So if I were in a room with Josh I'd be asking him, if you were going to pass why not play action or why not run some pick or bunch look?

BTW- this clip shows why Gronk got so few looks. He's bracketed by a LB AND a S. It was like this most of the night.

Inside out box is a zone call, so Gilmore would have stayed in that area and released Watkins to someone, but my bet is that he recognized the play and freelanced.

It was a good thing that he did- no way Harmon would have been able to keep up with Watkins.
So are they playing Zone on the chiefs left and man on chiefs right? Or is it some pattern matching zone to man scheme thing?

So are they playing Zone on the chiefs left and man on chiefs right? Or is it some pattern matching zone to man scheme thing?

Just to deal with the trips. See how we are positioned in the form a box, facing the trips that's on the Chiefs left?

Just to deal with the trips. See how we are positioned in the form a box, facing the trips that's on the Chiefs left?
Since Harmon was on the inside he should have picked up Watkins and ran with him all the away across?

Since Harmon was on the inside he should have picked up Watkins and ran with him all the away across?

Yes and he actually does that, but he gets going way too late.

I think part of the reason Gilmore freelances is that he recognizes that there's nobody in the area he's responsible for (e.g., no fade or corner out of the trips to his side). So I'd say it was an excellent adjustment on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST