PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rewatch Thread: NE @ Chicago (Week 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They must have not respected his ability to run that much, then. Only reason I can think of for leaving the strong side that unprotected. They had Clayborn lining up at the 7 tech, no support at the next level, and the next closest DL was at the 0. Wonder if this play is one of the reasons they eventually had KVN spying Trubisky throughout the second half? They gambled and got burned.
I was wondering how Bill would approach defending his wheels & was a lil surprised he didn't place it as a higher priority considering he knew he could take off & do damage but who knows?

In any case, I didn't see the play as any particular fault on Develin or Brady, just a good defensive play by Amos.
It was Brady's fault to the extent that he should've checked out of the pass and checked into a run play, which should've been the call from the Very Beginning anyway.

Last edited:
BTW, in the Belichick Breakdown, Bill makes it sounds like the defensive starters were in on the punt block play just to guard against a fake given the situation (midfield and short) rather than a planned punt rush against a spotted weakness. Not sure how much I believe that, but it makes sense.

It was Brady's fault to the extent that he should've checked out of the pass and checked into a run play, which should've been the call from the Very Beginning.

IDK. It's possible that the Bears D got one over on Brady with their pre-snap look. Fangio is a pretty good DC and, as difficult as it may be to believe, sometimes the Pats' opponent just makes a good play.

IDK. It's possible that the Bears D got one over on Brady with their pre-snap look. Fangio is a pretty good DC and, as difficult as it may be to believe, sometimes the Pats' opponent just makes a good play.
A pass play when you are holding a 2-TD lead, near the outer limit of FG range, and are trying to Kill the Clock SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN THE CALL IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST