PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rewatch Thread: NE vs. Miami (Week 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we back up a little? This week Sony looked pretty good running the ball whereas last he did not. Could we have been "tipping" our plays to one of our old coaches?
Sony had 7 carries for 40 yards in the 2nd half vs Detroit.

It's obvious that at this point that you are just being an ******* with this sort of uninformative post. I think I'll stop wasting my time with you.

It's obvious that at this point that you are just being an ******* with this sort of uninformative post. I think I'll stop wasting my time with you.
Actuallly I am doing the opposite. Since correcting you turns into you arguing for a week I just stopped bothering. This was a perfect example. You think you can know Brady’s progressions by seeing where he is looking. I guess brady telegraphs all his throws huh?
You post a lot of things that indycate you don’t know much about football, and then argue as if you do. It’s a huge waste of my time.

Sony had 7 carries for 40 yards in the 2nd half vs Detroit.

Most of that yardage came on frankly headscratching runs in scenarios (down by two scores in the 4th) where Detroit was more than happy to trade an 8 yard gain for clock, and it turned out they were meant to set up a play action pass... that led to an interception.

I like Michel but I wouldn't quote his second half numbers in Detroit as particularly representative of anything.

Most of that yardage came on frankly headscratching runs in scenarios (down by two scores in the 4th) where Detroit was more than happy to trade an 8 yard gain for clock, and it turned out they were meant to set up a play action pass... that led to an interception.

I like Michel but I wouldn't quote his second half numbers in Detroit as particularly representative of anything.
I would agree Sony had some "garbage yards" v DET but attributes such as speed, vision acceleration were all still demonstrated.

I think we would all agree Sony is talented but there is still an outstanding question of can he produce and the line block consistently.

I would agree Sony had some "garbage yards" v DET but attributes such as speed, vision acceleration were all still demonstrated.

I think we would all agree Sony is talented but there is still an outstanding question of can he produce and the line block consistently.

I think it's mostly a factor of running into stacked boxes. No running back in the NFL consistently gains meaningful yardage against stacked boxes and that was all he was running into his first two games. Opening up the passing game benefited him dramatically and should continue to do so.

I think it's mostly a factor of running into stacked boxes. No running back in the NFL consistently gains meaningful yardage against stacked boxes and that was all he was running into his first two games. Opening up the passing game benefited him dramatically and should continue to do so.
Agree. I really liked how the line was kicking outside the hashes and creating space for him to operate. That was made possible by the success in throwing the football.

I agree that he does not look completely comfortable. I am not sure why and am not sure what he is thinking pre-snap...
Brady's probably thinking: I better throw the ball soon before my LT gets me killed.

Well 3 were on the first drive of the second half, a td drive, and 3 were down 13 with 9 minutes left following a drive with an intentional grounding and a sack, so I don’t think it’s garvage time.
The point being that people said he looked bad and that’s not true. Aside from 2 3rd down runs that he had no chance on because of blocking he was 12/53.

Brady's probably thinking: I better throw the ball soon before my LT gets me killed.

My guess is that he is comfortable when he believes everyone will be where he expects them to be. He is not going to scramble much and extend the play. I think he is a bit unsettled because everything is not set in his mind. He might have to "look around" to find Patterson or Michel or maybe Dorsett. There is not enough time to look around to find a 2nd or 3rd option. Oddly I think it added pressure to all of the receivers and Brady to work it out which will fix the problem by the season's second half. Gordon staying on the ship adds the icing to the cake being baked.

Did Lazar ever do his Gordon break down?

3 slants/back shoulder to sticks

2 slants were very crisp & on point. I'm guessing the routes were chosen to develop a lil timing/chemistry w 12.

I thought he looked pretty good. He brings size/physicality we don't have. We love to run 11 per & he helps big time there. Our p/a game will be a nightmare w Gordon/Gronk down the seem.

The real stars have been the OL though. The past 2 games (Mia/Indy) they've been so good in terms of running the ball. Hitting their block/combo while climbing to the next level.

The intensity was a lot more evident for sure.

Volin tried to do some film review but came up with this genius take:

Which prompted some reactions from Lazar and Zach Dunn.

Dunn even posted the play (including the coaching points) from the playbook:

Funny stuff.

He got a lot more crap for that than just those two. He seriously needs to go **** himself.

How can volin say that was an int? Gronk had caught the ball, turned and started running up-field when he got hit and lost the ball. Then mans a moron.

The comments that follow Trolin's "review" are awesome. Benji the LOLphins fan butthurt. What a feckin dink.

So, I was traveling in Europe the during the Miami game and did not get a chance to watch it live, but I did recorded it and watched it last night. Honestly, not what I had expected. For a 38-7 game I thought the Pats were really sloppy but thankfully, the Dolphools were even sloppier. Pats O is still a work in progress and the D, while it played better really looked good because the Dolphools were so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST