PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rewatch Thread: NE vs. Miami (Week 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luuked

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
The weekly rewatch thread. Please stay on topic and take side conversations that are not about anything game tape or game strategy related to the Post Game Thread.

Here come this weeks snap counts:

If Roberts is hurt for longer someone will need to pick up the slack on ST.

Coverage stats:

Pressures:

Blocking:

Last edited:
Here are some quick Lazar takes from yesterday.

As most I was first blaming Brady for a WTF throw but as we have all seen in the different replay angles it was just a great play by the Miami DB. He must have been prepared for that concept as he kept looking at both Hogan and Dorsett at the mesh point.

Didn't matter in the end but at least Dorsett showed some fight trying to get the ball out of his hands. I have seen more lackadaisical reactions to INTs against Miami a year ago.

Just a good play the same way that Brady's pick 6 against the Falcons in the SB was really not that much on him.

Last edited:
Harmon at 49% of the snaps is very interesting. Will be interesting to see if the Pats were just in more Cover-1 for this game. I didn't see Chung playing deep too much.

Gordon at 22% is about what I expected.

The synergy of great playcalling and a GOAT QB to be able to deliver that able in the face of pressure. Also perfect read by Brady (and correct route running by White) knowing where the weak spot would be.

If someone wants to schematically explain the entire thing once we actually get A22 be my guest.

Last edited:

Looking forward to that one. Curious how Miami defended him because I did not pay too much attention to it.

Harmon at 49% of the snaps is very interesting. Will be interesting to see if the Pats were just in more Cover-1 for this game. I didn't see Chung playing deep too much.

Gordon at 22% is about what I expected.
I noticed single high several times. Certainly didn't chart it but it stood out to me.

More on the Brady INT:

Love how this play encapsulates the somewhat hidden complexity of the game.

What did you guys see from Hightower and simon yesterday? I saw some nice plays by both but would like a more educated view.

I noticed single high several times. Certainly didn't chart it but it stood out to me.

Which is different from how we've traditionally attacked Tannehill in the past. Usually, we employ the same types of game plan that we use against other mobile QBs like Watson. Contain up front, Cover-3/head zone based concepts in the back end. Cover-1 signifies a ton of man.

He was really close to breaking a long one several times yesterday. That was one of them. You could see the frustration after the play because, had it not been for Minkah, he may have been able to go rumbling for six.

Two requests to the keen observers.

Any observations about the Michel-Develin running combo? (My impression: they lined up with the two of them in the backfield a lot, particularly on first down, and had very little success. Am I wrong?)

Patriots kickoffs (when they weren't touchbacks) and punting seemed a bit askew and gave the Fins better field position than they should have had -- though, fortunately, the defense was so overwhelming that it didn't matter. Any observations?

Thanks,

Mike

i think we got a good top 3 at corner and honestly I’d rather give the cb4/5 snaps to Jackson and crossen for the rest of the year.

To my untrained eye, Patterson's TD catch looks like he made it extra difficult, by slowing and twisting, rather than just letting the ball come to him over his shoulder. The irony is, I don't think he would have scored if he'd done that. Anybody see the same, or different?

They absolutely have something with this kid. No question.

I thought it was interesting they ran him 25 times yesterday when at U of GA he averaged a little over 12 carries a game. That tells me
a) they needed him
b) hes knows enough of the offense.
c) hes healthy
d) the coaching staff had confidence in him to carry the load.

To my untrained eye, Patterson's TD catch looks like he made it extra difficult, by slowing and twisting, rather than just letting the ball come to him over his shoulder. The irony is, I don't think he would have scored if he'd done that. Anybody see the same, or different?
Hes like a kid I used to play sandlot football with growing up in the neighborhood. Big, strong, fast, powerful but he was so uncoordinated. He could not catch anything on the run. Hed trip over himself. Only way he caught a ball was if he was stationary and when he did he was unable to use his hands. He had to catch it with his body. He had these short arms. He was benching 405 in high school. Strong bastard.

We called him "T-Rex"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe