PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry Jones to Goodell: Kraft is a P$$$Y Compared to what I will do to you

Kraft is exactly what Jones says he is. I have not and will never forgive Kraft for how cowardly he was when the GOAT had his reputation destroyed. He chose profit over principle
...just like PP in '93 & BB in '07

Your point of view is as a Pat's fan, so not realistic at all. After 2007 they continued to win against every team. Teams loved to believe the Pats were not simply better than all of them.

And if you didn't know, Jealousy is the strongest human emotion that can lead to irrational behavior.
We're in agreement. My point was that the first witch hunt wasn't the catalyst for the second, but jealousy was the catalyst for both.

We're in agreement. My point was that the first witch hunt wasn't the catalyst for the second, but jealousy was the catalyst for both.
Idk. From most reports Spygate happened so fast that the only owners who even knew about it before a decision was made were Kraft and Woody Johnson. The owners allegedly were pissed that Goodell came in, got all the tapes, reviewed it, handed out the punishment, and destroyed the tapes immediately. That left a bad taste in their mouths.

I have to disagree here. Deflategate will always be revenge for Goodell’s screwing up spygate. Brady was “guilty” before the investigation even started. Yes, jealousy was a part of it. Robert Kraft and the patriots get absolved from deflategate, yet the pats two draft picks and get fined? Those two picks were docked to make the other owners happy because of Goodell destroying the tapes and not suspending BB.

I only read the last 2 pages of what looks like a very heated and interesting discussion.
Here's my 2 cents, for what its worth.

This is an owners thing that has been brought on by the success we have had here in NE. Spygate was an over reaction that led to a chance to t derail what was becoming a real problem for a league that was trying desperately to legislate parity. With 2 our of three superbowls, and strong showings in 2005 and even in 2006, and the prospect of 2007. Taking away those draft picks was an opportunity to attempt to hobble the Pats juggernaut.

Deflategate was just more of the same. It was all about the owners. I mean, how can they defend their PSL's, high ticket prices, and claims to excellence, when they can't duplicate what the Pats have been doing for SO many years. The easy answer, perhaps the ONLY answer that gets THEM off the hook is to claim or insinuate that something fishy is going on in Foxboro. They CREATED the story and then set up the circumstances that made it come "true".

The vast majority of those owners didn't get to be where they are by thinking anyone was better than they were. The 17 year success story of the Pats was a canker sore that didn't go away. To them the Pats were herpes, forever a thorn in their sides. Picking at the end of draft each round didn't seem to level the field. Taking away 4 useful picks hasn;'t helped either.

The Fact is that these owners don't want to be accountable for their own team's mediocrity.

Kraft chose to be a team player long ago when he entered the league. He didn't try and create private profit centers like Jones did (the Pepsi deal). So when Spygate and defamegate took place Kraft did the best he could to fight those injustices, WITHIN the "system:" the league had set up.

I hated his reactions, and would have loved them to be more like Jones' reaction. We are fans. We desperately wanted a visceral response. When we didn't get it we reacted like all fans. We were pissed. Close to 3 years later, I understand what he did a bit better. Still don't like it, but now I can see why he did it that way. He admitted his mistake soon after.

Now why he's supporting Goodell in his extension, I have no idea. The way I see it, in his 10 years leading the league, Goodell has brought little to the table, except to be lucky enough to be there when the league saw huge revenue growth. He has hurt the Pats unjustly and lied to Kraft directly. As loathsome as I see Jerry Jones' is and how befuddled I am that HE's in the HOF and not Bob Kraft; I wish Kraft was leading the charge to end Goodell's tyranny.

....And that's what I think

He's not wrong...

Blanchard_0435.jpg

Idk. From most reports Spygate happened so fast that the only owners who even knew about it before a decision was made were Kraft and Woody Johnson. The owners allegedly were pissed that Goodell came in, got all the tapes, reviewed it, handed out the punishment, and destroyed the tapes immediately. That left a bad taste in their mouths.

Yes....they destroyed the tapes......after they showed them on Fox pregame. Not sure why people continue to say we don't know what was on the tapes....because Roger destroyed them.

if i am the PA, i refuse to sign off on the new CBA in 2021 unless goodell is gone.

They can't. Too many players fail to practice financial responsibility. They need those game checks. Which is why the owners always crush them. They can't afford a prolonged holdout. The owners can- they have other streams of income.

He didn't do "nothing at all".
-He published a counter Wells report.
-He publicly challenged the NFL to produce evidence.
-He publicly condemned the decision and said it was ridiculous and that he regrets saying he would accept any punishments that were handed down.
-He publicly condemned the NFL again when Brady lost to the 2nd circuit.
-He was the one who denied the NFL access to McNally and Jastremski.

He just didn't do enough for you. Every legal expert who has talked about it said there was likely no course of action legal or otherwise that was getting the picks or the fine back. Brady was the only one who had a hope of winning. And even he didn't. Could he have made waves and done more? Potentially, but Kraft's a smart guy and he good lawyers who were advising him and they came to an understanding that the best course of action was to publicly disagree with the NFL and then let Brady's case go the way it would. And the realistic prospects of another outcome just weren't there. These aren't joe schmoes on the street, these are rich guys with some of the best lawyers and advisers money can buy. They knew what they were up against and what the odds were.

Watch what happens with Jones over the next few months. He already lost with Zeke, let's see how realistic his chances are of stopping the contract extension. Because as of now, Brady gave up, Kraft gave up, and Zeke gave up. I see a pattern
He did nothing. He covered that with rhetoric.

So someone's inappropriate, politically ******** post was kept, while my response to it was deleted?

Way to go, mods. Where did you go to school, Stanford?

La Canfora providing ground cover for Goodell and his merry band of billionaires...and I call BULLSH*T.
So much fluff and frosting, all designed to present Roger as the "unselfish" commissioner.

Roger Goodell's base salary would be roughly in the range of $20M per year
The part that is probably closest to the way the owners are seeing things is:
"The events of the last week, legally and in the media, have brought most of the owners closer together and determined to complete this contract," the source said. "The overriding reason has to do with needing a strong commissioner so that a few strong-willed owners don't control the league. And Roger is that kind of commissioner. The letter (Jones sent from his lawyer threatening possible litigation) really backfired."
I'm not surprised that Jerruh's threat is making the 31 band together more tightly. I think he's going to learn what Krafty Bob learned, that if nothing else the NFL knows how to circle its wagons.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back