PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerruh Jones trying to block Goodell extension

Jerry jones is a selfish bastard. When brady was being railroaded, jones said the commish was doing a fine job. Now that his dirt bag running back get suspended the shoe is on the other foot and he wants roger gone. And jerry was taking a knee during the anthem with his players then found out that the cowboys were going to lose sponsorships. Now it’s “standing up for the anthem” is the right thing.
I dont give a crap about Jerry Jones. Getting rid of Goodell is good for the game, and good for the Patriot, and the mf-er deserves it.

Florio was saying something about a previous vote only needing 9, now they need 24. So they passed on the easy route but now want to take the hard one. Makes me think that Jones and anyone else on board is bothered mostly by the very recent actions.

Wouldn't that be ironic if it was Goodell showing backbone on a social issue that finally took him down.

Because of that I don't believe the story for one second.
When did he show backbone?
When he read the paper in their meeting, or when he said the NFL wants them to stand, but will do absolutely nothing if they don't?
Or was it when he complained about politicians interfering with the NFL then wrote a letter to Congress as the representative of the NFL endorsing a bill?
He has no backbone. He tries to figure out what the public reaction to each possible action will be and choose the one that will make him most popular, and he even sucks at that.

Jerry is mad that Roger suspended one of his guys. Jerry wants a guy who is even more in his pocket than Roger is, if he gets his way the next commissioner will be even more of a toady.

I'm not sure what to make of this story and how legit the chances are Goody gets kicked to the curb or squeezed financially.

The other thing is I will not underestimate Jerruh. He is a very powerful man and not someone you want as an enemy

Once thing I do know. Goody is an NFL lifer. It's all he knows and all he loves (outside of wife and kids) . Without it, his life is over.

So be it.

I'm not sure what to make of this story and how legit the chances are Goody gets kicked to the curb or squeezed financially.

Once thing I do know. Goody is an NFL lifer. It's all he knows and all he loves (outside of wife and kids) . Without it, his life is over.

So be it.
Which makes you wonder, as I pointed out before, where’s the supply and the demand on such a high salary for him?

Which makes you wonder, as I pointed out before, where’s the supply and the demand on such a high salary for him?
What do you mean supply and demand? Other qualified candidates asking for lower comp?

What do you mean supply and demand? Other qualified candidates asking for lower comp?
Sorry I mean, why pay Goodell so much if nobody else would offer him anywhere close to that much money. Can’t imagine any reputable operation hiring Goodell and certainly not close to 44 mill a year. He should take a massive pay cut.

Sorry I mean, why pay Goodell so much if nobody else would offer him anywhere close to that much money. Can’t imagine any reputable operation hiring Goodell and certainly not close to 44 mill a year. He should take a massive pay cut.

I wouldn’t hire Goodell to mow my lawn...

Yea I see what Jerruh wants to do which is to not pay him on past performance but future performance.

Paying him like the CEO of a corp w/ $12b in revenue seems reasonable to me.

One thing is for sure. Bob is one of the owners who will try to keep Goodell on.
If money is their sole objective, Kraft has no reason to want a change. Neither does Jerruh as their franchises are worth $4.5b and $3.8b respectively.

If Jerra is trying to win over the other owners, he has a strange way of doing so:

Jerry Jones’ “ranking owner” claim rankles other owners

“I’m the ranking owner here,” Jones said when, after remaining largely quiet on the first day of the meetings, decided to dominate the discussion on the second day.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Jones would utter that phrase or a variation of it at least three other times during the day, rubbing plenty of his colleagues the wrong way. And it’s just the most recent example of Jones giving other owners reason to be frustrated about his habit of flexing his muscles when meeting with his peers.

As the source put it, people like Giants co-owner John Mara, Steelers owner Art Rooney, Colts owner Jim Irsay, Bengals owner Mike Brown, Bears owner Virginia McCaskey, and Chargers owner Dean Spanos have been sitting in the room longer than Jones, who bought the Cowboys in 1989. Moreover, there’s no such thing — and has never been such a thing — as a “ranking owner” in the NFL.

I don't think the ratings are really an issue. People have to understand this.

1. Ratings have been going down in EVERYTHING for like a decade. The NFL was one of the only products still rising.

2. The NFL still has better ratings than everything else, it's just starting to experience the dip EVERYONE else did.

3. The NFL is sliding at a much slower rate than the rest of television. So they are still in a better position than everyone else.

4. The NFL made a fortune under Goodell. The owners ultimately won't forget that. And it's debatable that they want to go into their next television contract negotiations without the guy who got them the amazing deal they currently enjoy.

Not sure where you get your information but it's false. The NFL ratings have been adjusted to take into consideration the NFL GamePass and Verizon Live Streams.

The NFL is not sliding at a much slower rate. It was down last year and is down significantly more this year. A slow slide is like 2-3%. There is a 15% dip for the NFL.

Just like anything else, as soon as someone stops having success, they'll be replaced. The fact that the NFL is all but assured a work stoppage at the end of this contract falls squarely on the fact that Goodell is Commissioner and nothing else.

And let's not forget that the NFLPA is not the only union that Goodell has a soured relationship with. The Officials Union doesn't like him either.

Should be interesting to see where the league is after LA and Las Vegas are up and running.

I predict a lot of empty seats going forward, and it won't be a good look.

There were a LOT of empty seats this weekend. Including in Tampa Bay.

The Chargers have been having to cover seats up for home games and their stadium only hold 27K..

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back