PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry hires a lawyer and threatens lawsuit over Goodell extension

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Jerry Jones hires lawyer and threatens to sue over Roger Goodell extension
The Times reported there was a conference call with Jones and the NFL’s compensation committee — owners from the Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, Patriots, Steelers and Texans — and Jones told them legal papers were drawn up and would be served this Friday unless the committee drops its plan to give Goodell an extension. Goodell’s contract expires after the 2018 season.

This is gonna get ugly...

Screw jerry jones...when the brady suspension came he said the pats should take it and stood by goodell...now that the shoe is on the other foot he is against goodell

How does it feel to be railroaded Jerry?

I thought Bob Kraft was afraid to go against the Association for fear of being forced to sell the franchise? Did the back of my mind make that up?

I'd root for Goodell over Jerry Jones any day of the week. F.uck him.

I thought Bob Kraft was afraid to go against the Association for fear of being forced to sell the franchise? Did the back of my mind make that up?
Well, that's what Kraft defenders here said, anyways.

Can someone explain to me why kraft didn't act like this during the deflategate bull?
Because it's ********, just like Jerry's is ********.

That ****ing snake. I loved how the Brady decision was cited in upholding the suspension.

Karma is a righteous *****.

This should get interesting..
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Screw jerry jones...when the brady suspension came he said the pats should take it and stood by goodell...now that the shoe is on the other foot he is against goodell

How does it feel to be railroaded Jerry?
"He's got obviously a very tough job," Jones said. "Now I see some people doing that, that's that old violin that's not feeling too sorry for him because that's why you pay the big bucks is to deal with the big problems. But he's doing an outstanding job. I can tell you firsthand that in his spot you have to with people that you are counting on to help build and to help excel as far as the National Football League, I'm talking about the owners, you have to know that you're going to make some decisions that are very unpopular with that particular group. This is the case.

"I can speak to that because on a personal basis as well as for my franchise and our Dallas Cowboys franchise, we've had that happen to us. I'm sitting there living with the result of the commissioner's decision still today that I didn't agree with when it happened. And so some of the very people sometimes that have the biggest complaints, they're the ones who give you a phone call and say, 'Hey let's be a team player now and let's all get in here and realize that this happens to everybody and let's go on and compete. We've got a great league and a great game.'"

Can someone explain to me why kraft didn't act like this during the deflategate bull?

Here's all the possible reasons that I can imagine:

1) He doesn't care about Tom as much as he cares about his standing with the league and/or doesn't have enough backbone. I think this is probably the majority opinion.

2) He didn't see an endgame where this sort of action would have mattered so why damage his standing in the league when he can try to get Goodell out later.

If this Rapaport tweet is accurate then Jerry's tirade is going to end up meaningless, so I can excuse Kraft's pragmatism here, but I've only really faulted Kraft for his statements about Goodell doing a good job, the reality behind close doors is different, I think, or else Brady would no longer be our QB.

Here's all the possible reasons that I can imagine:

1) He doesn't care about Tom as much as he cares about his standing with the league and/or doesn't have enough backbone. I think this is probably the majority opinion.

2) He didn't see an endgame where this sort of action would have mattered so why damage his standing in the league when he can try to get Goodell out later.

If this Rapaport tweet is accurate then Jerry's tirade is going to end up meaningless, so I can excuse Kraft's pragmatism here, but I've only really faulted Kraft for his statements about Goodell doing a good job, the reality behind close doors is different, I think, or else Brady would no longer be our QB.

Jason La Canfora is saying his extension is a done deal? That's pretty much the kiss of death for Goodell.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back