PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry Jones won't sue...

It's like deciding which is the better outcome. "standing up for him" by making a lot of sound and fury at the school board and putting your kid under a microscope for the rest of his time in school there, making this one penalty your "hill to die on," without any actual ability to affect any change at all (the kid still gets punished) or being able to have the grace to accept the many things in life you cannot change and focusing your efforts on the mental and social health of the kid instead.

I know meekness is out of fashion in America these days, but at the end of the day, you can't blow up the world over every single thing that happens. Justice as such is a severely overrated concept and is too often used as a synonym for revenge.

Those looking to "settle the score" against Goodell aren't looking for justice, they're looking for vengeance and calling it justice. I'm not prepared to play that game because at the end of the day, both parties often lose, and we have way too much to lose right now.

Wow. This is not how things work in life. In business or in society. You cannot really believe this stuff.

Standing up for him is the only answer. That doesn't mean you punch the principle in the mouth. But you do not accept the punishment and use every reasonable recourse possible to fight back. IF you lose at the very minimum your kid and your extended family know you fought for him. And no matter what and no matter how tempting do not hug the principle in public while praising his great job.

@Tony2046 , Tony, Tony. You're not going to change Jonathan's mind arguing with him here.

It's either him, a PR lackey or someone who has an unlucky son who had better learn to fend for himself at a very young age because Pops is a P***y.

"Dad were you hugging the principle?" :eek:

Brady stopped because his mother had cancer. Are you implying he was guilty? Really?

That's been his position all along. He's hinted at it more than once including his ridiculous "let my son hang" analogy

I also believe it's a common position of those who defend Kraft's capitulation.

There is such a thing as a moral victory. Kraft had taken the beating for pushing Deflategate as far as he could, but then he decided to chose the 32 over his team, and ended up with both a pissed off NFL who largely ignores him and a pissed off fan base who now largely ignores all the good he's done for the team because they don't like having a "p*ssy" for an owner. Don't believe me? Just look at the responses to the threads here. The terrible thing is that it didn't have to go down this way. He could have said "The system is rigged so I won't fight this in court, but Goodell, you're on notice!" and then everyone would know whose side he was on.

If Jerruh was as wise as he is claimed to be, he would be grooming a viable successor for Goodell capable of winning the support of at least half the other owners, and be ready to insert him when the next opportunity comes along, which we know it will.

Not all of his fan base is "pissed off".. some are.

What type of moral victory would have occurred?? The Courts all denied Brady's and Elliots appeal... do not see him as a ****y but a man who probably took the advice of his legal team and did not proceed any further than he did. It is not about whose side is Kraft on, he is obviously on the Patriots side.. and has been esteemed by both the players union and owners when he was one of the leads in the past contract negotiations in the backdrop of Martha Krafts passing.

All the shenanigans and posturing of Jones did nothing except to show what an absolute idiot and loose cannon he is..

One owner spoke against Goodell, and that is hardly a movement to unseat him.. the issue is article 46 of the collective bargaining unit, and if that were to change to a better due process format, the players would have to give in on another issue.. that is the way things work in contract negotiations..

What type of moral victory would have occurred?? The Courts all denied Brady's and Elliots appeal... do not see him as a ***** but a man who probably took the advice of his legal team and did not proceed any further than he did. It is not about whose side is Kraft on, he is obviously on the Patriots side.. and has been esteemed by both the players union and owners when he was one of the leads in the past contract negotiations in the backdrop of Martha Krafts passing.

All the shenanigans and posturing of Jones did nothing except to show what an absolute idiot and loose cannon he is..

One owner spoke against Goodell, and that is hardly a movement to unseat him.. the issue is article 46 of the collective bargaining unit, and if that were to change to a better due process format, the players would have to give in on another issue.. that is the way things work in contract negotiations..
What makes you think Kraft is actually on the side of the Pats or its fans. It certainly isn't by his actions since the camera placement incident. He has stated that he considers his partners to take precedence over the team on more than one occasion. You have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot riding a unicorn with the winning lottery ticket than Kraft speaking ill of his best buddy Goodell or the masters of the NFL Rooney and Mara. They weren't the ones he called a "schmuck"but one of the two people responsible for the success of the team. By the way, just a history lesson for you. Martha was the wife of George Washington. Myra was Kraft's late and great wife. Maybe Martha is the name of his current girlfriend so you became confused.

What type of moral victory would have occurred?? The Courts all denied Brady's and Elliots appeal... do not see him as a ***** but a man who probably took the advice of his legal team and did not proceed any further than he did.
Yes the courts denied the appeals but at that point he had a choice to make: do I go out with guns blazing and stand on principle, or do I take the p*ssy route and kiss Roger's ring? Guess what happened.

The big difference was that Kraft was in the right on Deflategate, whereas for Jerruh, not so much when it comes to Roger's contract (as opposed to Elliott). Jerruh was correct on Roger's contract but he wasn't in the right. He should have voted against it earlier if he truly opposed it. His late turn in position made him vulnerable to the charge that he was using the contract issue to extract retribution for Elliott's suspension.

Bottom line: Kraft's line of taking one for the 32 will never go down well for most fans. It's true that it didn't make sense to continue the legal battle, but he should have not kissed Roger's ring. He should have kept his dissent as a matter of record, which would keep the pressure on Roger and make it more likely that he'd be replaced at the next opportunity, which is exactly what needs to happen.

Yes the courts denied the appeals but at that point he had a choice to make: do I go out with guns blazing and stand on principle, or do I take the p*ssy route and kiss Roger's ring? Guess what happened.

What happened is that our softspoken owner was softspoken. I don't know what you were expecting, really. "going out with guns blazing" implies a willingness to "go out." I'd rather like to hope that Kraft is not willing to "go out" over an issue that at the end of the day was an inconvenience on the way to another championship. Deglategate was enraging, but at the end of the day it was not a hill worth dying on.

We all ought to know Kraft's MO by now. He's not a bombastic guy. He's not disposed toward vainglorious nonsense. He lets the franchise do the talking. If that style didn't serve him well in Deflategate, it generally HAS served him well throughout his tenure as the Patriots owner.

It's not like he did nothing after Brady was accused. He exhausted his own options within the owners' club, when that didn't work he tried to cut a deal and that didn't work either. That was the end of his nonridiculous options, so he folded his hand at this point.

The fact that Jerry also exhausted the list of his ridiculous options too as well as the nonridiculous ones before conceding is irrelevant. Kraft wasn't going there, it's not in his nature, and it probably hurt Jerry to go there in the long run so I'm OK with that.

At the end of the day, Kraft exhausted his options. His list of options was simply small, and none of the few tricks he might have been able to pull, actually worked. Don't pretend that Kraft was lazy or cowardly when at the end of the day he was simply ineffective.

Drunk post alert:

Jerry,

How do my salty balls taste you old fool? You call me a p@ssy, i say I am what I eat. How bout you **** Jerry?

Too much?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back