PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry hires a lawyer and threatens lawsuit over Goodell extension

Can someone explain to me why kraft didn't act like this during the deflategate bull?

Because he’s a giant ****y. And for everyone who shrugged and said “what can he do?” you now have your answer. It’s too bad the Dallas Cowboys owner is the one threatening to go nuclear over the NYNFL office. This is your last chance Bob. Do the right thing. Society has no place for framing innocent men.

Jerry Jones or Roger Goodell?

My enemy’s enemy is my friend

I am with Jerry !

Because he’s a giant *****. And for everyone who shrugged and said “what can he do?” you now have your answer. It’s too bad the Dallas Cowboys owner is the one threatening to go nuclear over the NYNFL office. This is your last chance Bob. Do the right thing. Society has no place for framing innocent men.

Been waiting for someone to say this. Even though I don't like Jones it is good to have an owner stand up for his player when there is a good chance his player is innocent, unlike Brady who didn't do anything at all and have his owner hug it out with the accusers.

Because he’s a giant *****. And for everyone who shrugged and said “what can he do?” you now have your answer. It’s too bad the Dallas Cowboys owner is the one threatening to go nuclear over the NYNFL office. This is your last chance Bob. Do the right thing. Society has no place for framing innocent men.
You're kidding right? This is complete bluster from Jones. Friday will come and go and there will be zero law suits filed.

You're kidding right? This is complete bluster from Jones. Friday will come and go and there will be zero law suits filed.

Even talking about it is more than kraft ever done during spygate and deflategate. I'd rather we would have done anything other than rolling over and spit on. Jones is supposedly leading a group to stop the extension too and it would be nice to know what side kraft is on.

Even talking about it is more than kraft ever done during spygate and deflategate. I'd rather we would have done anything other than rolling over and spit on. Jones is supposedly leading a group to stop the extension too and it would be nice to know what side kraft is on.

I have not seen Robert Kraft as a man since the “31” speech. I don’t care how much money he has or what he’s done for the franchise. He is not a man.

THERE WILL BE PEACE IN OUR TIME!!!

WTF is the point of talking about it if it's all bluster and talk? Cause that's what this is and that's what Jones specializes in.

WTF is the point of talking about it if it's all bluster and talk? Cause that's what this is and that's what Jones specializes in.

If you know the commissioner is untouchable because of the cba then at least threaten action and voice your displeasure. He is also opposing the extension and maybe he'll follow through with the lawsuit even knowing it's a fail. What would you like him to do? Just shut up and accept punishment for doing nothing wrong.

If you know the commissioner is untouchable because of the cba then at least threaten action and voice your displeasure. He is also opposing the extension and maybe he'll follow through with the lawsuit even knowing it's a fail. What would you like him to do? Just shut up and accept punishment for doing nothing wrong.
So you're swallowing the whole 'poor innocent Ezekiel Elliot' line then. For that matter, that's exactly what he told Kraft and the Patriots to do in deflategate.

So you're swallowing the whole 'poor innocent Ezekiel Elliot' line then. For that matter, that's exactly what he told Kraft and the Patriots to do in deflategate.

Yes and Kraft listened and obeyed. I don't care anything about Elliot. I just know there's a chance he could be innocent and Jones is supporting him. Brady was 100% innocent.

I hate Jerry Jones, but at least he has some big brass ones swinging between his legs and won't let one of his players be attacked by the NFL front office without swinging fists and going to the mat

Handbags at 50 paces!

We'll see by this time tomorrow if Jones is all bluster or if he actually follows through on his threat.

Kraft's response, or lack thereof, two years ago was ridiculous and it makes even less sense now. There's something to be said for an owner who swallows their pride, puts aside their grievance and stands down for the "good of the 32." When I think of situations like that, though, they instances where an owner agrees to share a previously monopolized revenue stream, stops pushing their candidate for a position so the league can move forward or allows another franchise to share their stadium. In those instances, the owner who makes the compromise gives up something, but will see a benefit in the future. For example, the owner who shares a revenue stream may see less money in the short term, but if that move makes the league stronger, then they’ll see a financial benefit from that.

With Kraft and the deflated football accusations, what was the short term benefit for the league and what was going to help Kraft in the future? The NFL, for whatever reason, thought it was a good idea to call the accomplishments of one of their greatest dynasties into question. Kraft thought he was “ending the rhetoric,” but all he did was give the league permission to label his franchise as cheaters. There’s no future payoff for that.

If Kraft knew the NFL was wrong (and they were) in framing and railroading Brady, then he should have gone through the same actions as Jones is now. Allowing a corrupt league office to make things up as they go and punish whoever they want, however they want is bad for the sport. It would be a blow to the league to expose them and rebuild, but that would be better than doing nothing and letting the behavior get worse.

I hate Jerry Jones, but at least he has some big brass ones swinging between his legs and won't let one of his players be attacked by the NFL front office without swinging fists and going to the mat
And yet, somehow, Elliot will be sitting out this weekend.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back