PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry Jones won't sue...

But I thought you can’t sue the league and if you try they can just take your team away because they feel like it???

Yeah like 20 years ago Al Davis sued the league about a non internal matter

bac1cdc1522ec6e9305e9e9b38b20bfd.gif

Yeah like 20 years ago Al Davis sued the league about a non internal matter

.???? WHERE your team plays football (inwhich city) is a NON-INTERNAL matter? Ok, maybe it is internal and external, but I don't really get what you are trying to say /correlation you are drawing.

.???? WHERE your team plays football (inwhich city) is a NON-INTERNAL matter? Ok, maybe it is internal and external, but I don't really get what you are trying to say /correlation you are drawing.
No it was him wanting to move his individual franchise somewhere else. Kraft and Jones issues were a direct dispute with a ruling and decision the league made regarding their team.

It's more like you accept that you were dealt a crappy hand in a battle you weren't ever going to win and you could either be a pain and make life tougher for yourself because that's just the way the school/league does things or you can just say "I disagree" but not let the bad blood cause friction down the road.

It's a risk/reward thing.

No. It's letting your kid take the hit because you didn't have enough balls to stand up for him. What a crappy analogy by the way.

No. It's letting your kid take the hit because you didn't have enough balls to stand up for him. What a crappy analogy by the way.
No that is a crappy analogy as was your bully analogy. Based on your mentality because you can't let something smaller go you're going to get your kid and your family on the bad side of the school leadership and make the rest of his time at the school miserable because you couldn't let a temporary situation that you had no chance of winning at go.

It sounds like you just want to make a symbolic point regardless of the consequences.

Jerry is a low rent douche bag.

It sounds like you just want to make a symbolic point regardless of the consequences.

Exactly. How did all that work for Al Davis? He alleges that after his lawsuit he was deliberately sabotaged over and over again by the league he pissed off. We really don't want that to be the fate of the Patriots. The consequences of Kraft sticking his neck out too far outweighed the benefits. And that's before you even figure that he had almost literally zero chance to see any benefit at all.

Last edited:

It's like deciding which is the better outcome. "standing up for him" by making a lot of sound and fury at the school board and putting your kid under a microscope for the rest of his time in school there, making this one penalty your "hill to die on," without any actual ability to affect any change at all (the kid still gets punished) or being able to have the grace to accept the many things in life you cannot change and focusing your efforts on the mental and social health of the kid instead.

I know meekness is out of fashion in America these days, but at the end of the day, you can't blow up the world over every single thing that happens. Justice as such is a severely overrated concept and is too often used as a synonym for revenge.

Those looking to "settle the score" against Goodell aren't looking for justice, they're looking for vengeance and calling it justice. I'm not prepared to play that game because at the end of the day, both parties often lose, and we have way too much to lose right now.

This sad saga of NFL inner workings looks like it coming to an end, Jerry has decided to drop his promised law suit against Goodell and the league... he still is advocating for disbanding of the Competition Committee.. Jerry can fade to black and reserve his tantrumming in private..

And despite the rhetoric and bantering, no one can clearly articulate what would have been accomplished if Kraft took a different posture on the spygate and deflategate... given the current language of the contract and how it has been upheld by the Court system does not appear much would have been accomplished..

Of course there are those who would want the SCOTUS to make a final decision, there are no guarantees that they would even consider this case and let the decision of the lower court stand.

Jerry Jones says he won’t sue over Goodell contract
What a surprise.

Exactly. How did all that work for Al Davis? He alleges that after his lawsuit he was deliberately sabotaged over and over again by the league he pissed off. We really don't want that to be the fate of the Patriots. The consequences of Kraft sticking his neck out too far outweighed the benefits. And that's before you even figure that he had almost literally zero chance to see any benefit at all.
Thank you. It didn't end well for Al Davis. The owners and the league execs hated him until he died. The lawsuit he won was nullified when the league sabotaged the hell out of him in LA so the league eventually won in the end because they won every lawsuit but the one that led to him allegedly getting sabotaged. Then the bad blood spilled over to his son who had to bend over for the league for them to finally embrace him and do him a solid.

No that’s a SB victory in spite of the owner laying down and accepting penalties that made it even more difficult for the TEAM TO WIN IT FOR HIM.
He wasn't going to win. You refuse to accept that. There's a reason everyone eventually lays down their sword. And the one guy who didn't got his team screwed over for years until his son had to finally play nice.

And it's the team where he hired the coach despite other owners saying it would be the worst decision he ever made, the team he kept in MA, the team he built a new stadium for, the team he doesn't interfere in the coaching staff for, the team that is considered one of the best organizations in sports under his leadership, the team that saw 8 Super Bowl appearances since he's been there.

You wanted him to rock the boat for little reward under the idea that it wouldn't come around to bite him.

So, in the end, as I predicted days ago, the Texas tough guy is the same breed of ****y as Bob Kraft. Imagine that...

He wasn't going to win. You refuse to accept that.
Because its an OPINION that I disagree with. Why would I accept an opinion that I disagree with.
You have absolutely no way to know that he couldn’t win.

There's a reason everyone eventually lays down their sword. And the one guy who didn't got his team screwed over for years until his son had to finally play nice.
He laid down the sword before ever beginning the fight.
Your opinion in Davis is also very suspect. There is no evidence whatsoever that the league did anything to retaliate.

And it's the team where he hired the coach despite other owners saying it would be the worst decision he ever made,
Another bogus, mad up claim.

the team he kept in MA, the team he built a new stadium for, the team he doesn't interfere in the coaching staff for, the team that is considered one of the best organizations in sports under his leadership, the team that saw 8 Super Bowl appearances since he's been there.
What does any of that have to do with how he handled this issue?
I’m very happy he hired BB and very disappointed that he has twice let him down.

You wanted him to rock the boat for little reward under the idea that it wouldn't come around to bite him.
Little reward?
I wanted him to fight to not lose 2 picks and have brady suspended and his character and legacy tainted for NOTHING.
If you won’t fight having competitive resources stolen from you and the man who has delivered you those 5 championships when nothing at all happened, what will you fight for?

Because its an OPINION that I disagree with. Why would I accept an opinion that I disagree with.
You have absolutely no way to know that he couldn’t win.

He laid down the sword before ever beginning the fight.
Your opinion in Davis is also very suspect. There is no evidence whatsoever that the league did anything to retaliate.

Another bogus, mad up claim.

What does any of that have to do with how he handled this issue?
I’m very happy he hired BB and very disappointed that he has twice let him down.

Little reward?
I wanted him to fight to not lose 2 picks and have brady suspended and his character and legacy tainted for NOTHING.
If you won’t fight having competitive resources stolen from you and the man who has delivered you those 5 championships when nothing at all happened, what will you fight for?

1. It's the majority opinion and the widely regarded opinion of the majority of analysts legal and otherwise. It is also an opinion that runs contrary to an agreement between the league ownership. So at the very least you are in the minority and arguing against already established clauses that all the owners agreed to. You should atleast acknowledge that at the very least it's a massive uphill battle and it's very likely to not go anywhere.

2. Deflategate was literally in large part a retaliation over how mad the owners were over Spygate. There were so many reports that the league ownership was still upset about how it was handled and wanted to get a pound of flesh over it. You don't think they would retaliate against an owner who sued them? Really?

3. Also Davis was the one who claimed he was sabotaged and that was the basis for an entire lawsuit that he eventually lost and spent the last portion of his life tied up in.

4. No Art Modell said that hiring Belichick would be the worst mistake he ever made. And Belichick was widely regarded as a failure in Cleveland.

5. ONLY BRADY COULD HAVE FOUGHT ON BEHALF OF BRADY. AND GUESS WHAT? AT THE VERY END BRADY STOPPED FIGHTING.

6. Again highly unlikely that he ever even gets a suit off the ground much less gets the draft picks back. And again that's the majority opinion by most experts, so it's you and all your wisdom against the most experienced people on the subject.

7. Kraft put in all the pieces to get those championships. Without him you don't get those 5 championships. Stop minimizing his role in it and maximizing what you perceive as not fighting enough to protect the team he made successful.

It wasn't just Art Modell that told RK not to hire BB, someone sent him tapes of his Cleveland press conferences.

Last edited:
A lawyer will tell you the chances of victory and literally any potential path to victory starts with "upon entering the league you agreed to never sue the league for an internal dispute". For a lot of judges that's an automatic open and shut for throwing the case out.

Then beyond that you say "what do you really stand to gain". A late first and 4th round draft pick.
Wow, you would throw the case out based on a hearsay summary of the contractual provision(s)? Remind me never to appear before you.

No that is a crappy analogy as was your bully analogy. Based on your mentality because you can't let something smaller go you're going to get your kid and your family on the bad side of the school leadership and make the rest of his time at the school miserable because you couldn't let a temporary situation that you had no chance of winning at go.

No. Because of your cowardness you allowed the school leadership to suspend your kid for four days, convict him (a straight A student) of being a cheater, publicly shame him and fine you a thousand bucks all after dragging your family's name through the mud via every social media outlet while "investigating" the incident.

There's is no way I would allow that to happen to my kid. AND if it did because I was overpowered the last person I would be hugging or praising in the public would be the principle.

I would fight that as far as I could. If you say you wouldn't you're full of crap.

1. It's the majority opinion and the widely regarded opinion of the majority of analysts legal and otherwise. It is also an opinion that runs contrary to an agreement between the league ownership. So at the very least you are in the minority and arguing against already established clauses that all the owners agreed to. You should atleast acknowledge that at the very least it's a massive uphill battle and it's very likely to not go anywhere.
Wrong. No one has ever saydche should have appealed.

2. Deflategate was literally in large part a retaliation over how mad the owners were over Spygate. There were so many reports that the league ownership was still upset about how it was handled and wanted to get a pound of flesh over it. You don't think they would retaliate against an owner who sued them? Really?
What could they do that was worse than the punishement received for doing nothing?

3. Also Davis was the one who claimed he was sabotaged and that was the basis for an entire lawsuit that he eventually lost and spent the last portion of his life tied up in.
Davis claimed a lot of paranoid things, none which are realistic so please identify and retribution

4. No Art Modell said that hiring Belichick would be the worst mistake he ever made. And Belichick was widely regarded as a failure in Cleveland.
You said all of them. Are you seriously telling me that the guy who fired a coach saying don’t hire him means anything????

5. ONLY BRADY COULD HAVE FOUGHT ON BEHALF OF BRADY. AND GUESS WHAT? AT THE VERY END BRADY STOPPED FIGHTING.
Had kraft pursued an appeal Brady could have used the evidence.

Brady stopped because his mother had cancer. Are you implying he was guilty? Really?
6. Again highly unlikely that he ever even gets a suit off the ground much less gets the draft picks back. And again that's the majority opinion by most experts, so it's you and all your wisdom against the most experienced people on the subject.
i never dais anything about alawsuit he needed to have the balls to appeal first.

7. Kraft put in all the pieces to get those championships. Without him you don't get those 5 championships. Stop minimizing his role in it and maximizing what you perceive as not fighting enough to protect the team he made successful.
Belichick won the championships. All kraft did was hire belichick. He gets credit for that but belichick did the work. If he doesn’t hire belichick he doesn’t have the championships.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back