PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry Jones impeding Roger Goodell's contract negotiations

I love this two A-holes butting heads. The best part we has Pats fans have no side on this we dislike both of them. If I was Mr. Kraft I would be on the phone to Jerry everyday and leave this message. How's it feel Jerry hope you are enjoying being Goodells whipping boy. I just have one thing to say in closing in the words of Fitzy you both can GFY.

Jerry Jones is hilarious. He was asked about the interception where Ezekiel Elliott didn't even remotely bother trying to tackle the defender.

Jones literally argued that yes, Elliott gave up on the play but it's no big deal because a whole bunch of other players also gave up on the play.

It blows my mind how some teams behave in such a manner. We are spoiled indeed.
Best comparison is the story of how Belichick shamed Tony Gonzales into blocking in the Pro Bowl when Gonzalez dogged it on a special teams play.. The Pro Bowl!!!!!

Tony Gonzalez: Bill Belichick Coached Me Into Blocking In The Pro Bowl

Sure, but the increase in comp is out of line with the increase in revenue (IMHO).

02-98.png

Unless he is hiding revenue (from the players) then his increase in comp makes a lot of sense.......

Okay a couple things on the chart -
1. I question the difference b/w the revenue numbers I found and the numbers here, although we're in the same neighborhood (probably different ideas of what's "really" revenue,) and

2. What somebody already said about the apparent scale. So, give up 40 million to get billions? Of course... even if goodell's only 1% responsible.

That said, this does not consider growth in revenue being despite goodell, not because goodell.

Yes, he's a giant douche, but his job is to grow revenue. Through the last full year, he's done that.

In fact, the storylines he creates with each new clown move might be tied to increasing revenue.

That's how wrestling works, via soap opera. Can't rule it out. You can't simultaneously say he screws up the league to make money, which you can tell by all the money the league* is making... AND say he's not making anybody any money anyway.

I mean, you can, just to hate on Goodell, which is always a noble pursuit. It just don't make no sense.

Not a Jones fan but he's right on this one. Every ounce of leverage he has, he should use to end Goodell's career. I wish Kraft had done the same.
Jones literally helped make these rules. He's just mad that his puppet isnt doing what he wants

Jones literally helped make these rules. He's just mad that his puppet isnt doing what he wants

I don't care what someone's motivations are if it gets us 2% closer to Goodell losing his job.

I don't care what someone's motivations are if it gets us 2% closer to Goodell losing his job.
Owners will just get another stooge

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back