PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry Jones won't sue...

An enemy of my enemy, is my friend.

I’m rooting hard for Jones to give Goodell his comeuppance. I don’t care how he does it. I just wish Kraft wasn’t such a ***** & would seize this opportunity to get his just revenge.
How?

Please list these many options you reference?
Here, once more

I’ll amswer this one. I wanted him to:

1) appeal the punishment
2) conduct an investigation by a legitimate source to show the experiments wells bought from exponent were phony
3) NOT tell the world that what is best for all the 32 teams is more important to him than what is best for the patriots. This is essentially saying he will not support his own franchise.
4) show up and testify for Brady’s appeal
5) stop hugging and praising goodell
6) state publicly that if goodell and the other owners insist on sticking it to brady and The patriots for doing nothing then he will make it his business to come after them
7) not allow the league to not correct the false reports
8) tell his staff to not honor pash’s ridiculous demand that they not make the findings public
9) insert himself into the investigation to keep goodell and pash from purchase a fake report using phony science, lies and misstatements.
10) conduct a scientific experiment publicly during cold weather games to show the exact effect of cold weather on air pressure in footballs which would match the results of that day
11) during his appeal ask the questions that Wells glossed over, such as did pash edit, how could the ref possibly confuses the gauges with the marked differences in the needles. As well as the many flaws in the wells report.

I could go on.

If my kid gets bullied in school I'll just tell him, "just give him a hug and he'll leave you alone". :eek:
It's actually more like if the principle gives your son detention for the rest of the month over violating a minor rule where it's highly in question whether he broke the rule but the school has given the principle the discretion to both determine what happened and the punishment, AND then your son spends the rest of his time in school playing nice with the principle.

Jerry voted to enable the compensation committee.

Every owner entered the league signing agreements about not suing the league on internal disputes.

Both of them gave away there power. And again, these are smart guys that pay even smarter guys to analyze these situations and decide whether it's viable path to victory. So unless you are under the impression that Kraft lawyer's weren't advising him not to sue and/or were wrong in that assessment (going against the grain of every legal analyst who broached the subject) I don't know what you see being accomplished.
Al Davis successfully sued the NFL.

Kraft chose not to sue for reasons very different than whether he could or would win.

Plus I have never said Kraft should have sued, at least before pursuing all of his other options.

There is such a thing as a moral victory.

gettyimages-633957514.jpg

Yes there is.

Al Davis successfully sued the NFL.

Kraft chose not to sue for reasons very different than whether he could or would win.

Plus I have never said Kraft should have sued, at least before pursuing all of his other options.

He actually sued quite a few times but only one once. Someone needs to do something. This commissioner is power hungry.

Here, once more

I’ll amswer this one. I wanted him to:

1) appeal the punishment

He did that

2) conduct an investigation by a legitimate source to show the experiments wells bought from exponent were phony

The media kind of did that for him after a little while. Besides, the punishment was ultimately not based on evidence, so refuting the evidence only gets you so far.

3) NOT tell the world that what is best for all the 32 teams is more important to him than what is best for the patriots. This is essentially saying he will not support his own franchise.
Kraft is a member of the NFL owners' club first and foremost. Remember, the owners club CAN take Kraft's franchise away. I don't think the clause has ever been enforced but it's still in the contract. If the league is feeling vindictive, cozying up to it is possibly a better option than doing his best Sylvester Stallone impersonation.

4) show up and testify for Brady’s appeal

What would the testimony of the owner of the New England Patriots have contributed to a trial that was based not on evidence but on Roger Goodell's power to impose punishments capriciously? Showing up might have sent a supportive message, but at the end of the day, if Kraft was in the room for every second of every trial, I don't see any actual effect happening as a result of that

5) stop hugging and praising goodell

See my response to 3. Besides, Goodell is not the problem.

6) state publicly that if goodell and the other owners insist on sticking it to brady and The patriots for doing nothing then he will make it his business to come after them

Come after them with what? How? Again, you're telling Robert Kraft to use an empty threat. There's nothing to "come after them" with. This is the most circular reasoning I've ever seen and seems to be based almost entirely on an emotional need to see the owner lash out at the bad people that hurt your baby, rather than any understanding of Kraft's actual options.

7) not allow the league to not correct the false reports

Kraft has authority over what reports the league does and does not accept and correct now?

8) tell his staff to not honor pash’s ridiculous demand that they not make the findings public

All of that came out in the trial anyway.

9) insert himself into the investigation to keep goodell and pash from purchase a fake report using phony science, lies and misstatements.

Assuming that Kraft understood the science himself, this is still something he'd have to get the 31 to agree to, and if the 31 was well disposed to Kraft at that moment, I doubt Deflategate would have happened in the first place.

Besides, do you realize how bad it would look if the owner of the New England Patriots directly interfered in an investigation of the New England Patriots? Imagine if Jerry Jones insisted in trying to directly oversee the Ezekiel Elliott investigation. Wouldn't look good, would it?

Trying to muddy the waters on the Wells Report would make it look like the franchise look like it had something to hide. I know it might have been emotionally satisfying for you, but just to submit this for your consideration, going out of the way to make the situation worse for your own franchise is NOT an effective option.

This is something Kraft's allies should have been doing, if he had any. He can't do this himself without making it look like he's trying to cover something up. Even if he had direct oversight over this area of the Commissioner's Office at the time, Kraft would have been expected to recuse himself, not muddy the waters for all he's worth.

10) conduct a scientific experiment publicly during cold weather games to show the exact effect of cold weather on air pressure in footballs which would match the results of that day

This is basically #2. You are now officially repeating yourself.
11) during his appeal ask the questions that Wells glossed over, such as did pash edit, how could the ref possibly confuses the gauges with the marked differences in the needles. As well as the many flaws in the wells report.

Pretty sure Brady's team had lawyers doing that. Why was Kraft required? And again, questioning the evidence only gets you so far when the league is nakedly admitting that the punishment is not based on evidence.

Most of your arguments center around lashing out at and embarrassing Goodell and exposing what he was doing. You are ignoring the fact that the man has no shame. This would not have been effective in any way to prevent Deflategate. A strategy of accepting Deflategate and moving on to rebuild the franchise afterward and repair relationships in the owner's room is far more likely to be effective than anything you mentioned, and a lot of what you mentioned was actually done, just not necessarily by Kraft.

Haha! Didn't I say it? I knew Jerry Jones wouldn't go thru with it. I knew it when Jerry couldn't just call Kraft what he is, a ****y! Instead he went for some backhanded comment. Jerry Jones is a ****ing ****y just like krafty. What an ******* Jerry. You really suck. I'm so upset right now. Do your ****ing job and sue the league and take it down with you god damn it! :mad:

He did that
No he didn't. He literally announced on National TV that he will not appeal the ruling and will end the rhetoric.

How can you possibly say he appealed it?

The media kind of did that for him after a little while. Besides, the punishment was ultimately not based on evidence, so refuting the evidence only gets you so far.
The punsihment was based upon the evidence in and conclusion of the Wells report.
The media? Are you joking? When did they present this as an appeal to the punishement?

Kraft is a member of the NFL owners' club first and foremost. Remember, the owners club CAN take Kraft's franchise away. I don't think the clause has ever been enforced but it's still in the contract. If the league is feeling vindictive, cozying up to it is possibly a better option than doing his best Sylvester Stallone impersonation.
They cannot take his franchise away on a whim. He must commit egregious acts, and they still would mot be able to take it. This is America.
They cant take it away because they don't like that he defends himself against unreasonable penalties. Never could come close to happening.

What would the testimony of the owner of the New England Patriots have contributed to a trial that was based not on evidence but on Roger Goodell's power to impose punishments capriciously? Showing up might have sent a supportive message, but at the end of the day, if Kraft was in the room for every second of every trial, I don't see any actual effect happening as a result of that
You will have to ask Brady's lawyers to explain that since they asked him, so obviously they felt it would help.

See my response to 3. Besides, Goodell is not the problem.
Of course Goodell is the problem.
You are now saying if he doesn't hug Goodell they will take the team away? Jesus.

Come after them with what? How? Again, you're telling Robert Kraft to use an empty threat. There's nothing to "come after them" with. This is the most circular reasoning I've ever seen and seems to be based almost entirely on an emotional need to see the owner lash out at the bad people that hurt your baby, rather than any understanding of Kraft's actual options.
Of course there is. Kraft has power among the owners. Explaining to them that he is being wronged for nothing and expects their support or they will not get his when he needs it, is meaningful. Explaining that when the shoe is on the other foot he will respond in kind is meaningful. Explaining to Goodell that he will do everything in his power to take his job away is meaningful.

"Come on Jerry I took it" and "Roger is doing a great job" is also meaningful in the opposite direction.

Kraft has authority over what reports the league does and does not accept and correct now?
Krafts franchise asked for the exact measurements and were told to F off. Months later when they got them they were told they cannot make them public. Yes, if Kraft tried, he would have gotten those results, and made them public immediately.
The reported numbers were LIES FROM THE NFL.

All of that came out in the trial anyway.
No it came out buried in the Wells report, so no one would notice the 11 of 12 were 2 lbs under was a propaganda driven lie.

Assuming that Kraft understood the science himself, this is still something he'd have to get the 31 to agree to, and if the 31 was well disposed to Kraft at that moment, I doubt Deflategate would have happened in the first place.
Deflategate happened because of Grigson, Kensil and Goodell. It was allowed to grow into a debacle because of Kraft distancing himself from it and trusting Goodell. The 31 only became involved when it was obvious we were screwed and kraft did nothing to get them on his side. Why in the world would they allow him to be screwed if they were shown that it was bogus. This paranoid comlex that owners are jealous is bs.
The owners believed Goodells bought and paid for 'investigation' over the guy who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. So would you, until Kraft proved it was BS.

Besides, do you realize how bad it would look if the owner of the New England Patriots directly interfered in an investigation of the New England Patriots? Imagine if Jerry Jones insisted in trying to directly oversee the Ezekiel Elliott investigation. Wouldn't look good, would it?
Interfere? Who said that. He needed to monitor it, and not be surprised by the results and penalties. He absolutely needed to demand, publicly if necessary, that the real measurements be released.

Trying to muddy the waters on the Wells Report would make it look like the franchise look like it had something to hide. I know it might have been emotionally satisfying for you, but just to submit this for your consideration, going out of the way to make the situation worse for your own franchise is NOT an effective option.
I have no clue what you are talking about. He had a right to be kept informed about the investigation into his franchise. He had every right to counter any findings.
They did nothing.

This is something Kraft's allies should have been doing, if he had any. He can't do this himself without making it look like he's trying to cover something up. Even if he had direct oversight over this area of the Commissioner's Office at the time, Kraft would have been expected to recuse himself, not muddy the waters for all he's worth.
Again, no clue what you mean here. He is allowed to monitor what is going on. In fact, he was negligent to not.

This is basically #2. You are now officially repeating yourself
ITs not at all #2. Its taking a football out at Gilette stadium during a cold weather game and taking measurements through out the game ot show the drop in PSI. Its a FU to the BS science that Goodell bought, and would absolutely alter the narrative.

Remember, part of what Kraft should have stepped up to the plate to address was that his team was convicted of being cheaters and his QB was convicted of creating a scheme to cheat, and lying under oath about it.
Where is the outrage?

Pretty sure Brady's team had lawyers doing that. Why was Kraft required? And again, questioning the evidence only gets you so far when the league is nakedly admitting that the punishment is not based on evidence.
The punishment was solely based upon evidence. The fact that the evidence sucked is exactly why he needed to appeal. Bradys appeal came long after Kraft caved.

Most of your arguments center around lashing out at and embarrassing Goodell and exposing what he was doing.
No, they are ACTIONS that Kraft choose not to take that could have impacted the narrative, the results, and the reputation and legacy of his team and QB.

You are ignoring the fact that the man has no shame. This would not have been effective in any way to prevent Deflategate.
Because you say? Kraft could have done a lot and there is a lot of potential that it could have helped. You cant argue there was nothing he could have done and then 'prove it' by saying your opinion is all the many things he could have done just wouldnt have worked.

A strategy of accepting Deflategate and moving on to rebuild the franchise afterward and repair relationships in the owner's room is far more likely to be effective than anything you mentioned, and a lot of what you mentioned was actually done, just not necessarily by Kraft.
100% totally disagree. He gained absolutely nothing by bending over and taking it.
Nothing that I mentioned was done. The few things that happened at some other point, happened long after there would have been any impact.
You have your head buried in the sand. Kraft handled this horribly and all you have is nothing would have worked, and there is some unknown advantage he gained to doing nothing, because you are desperately trying to believe he isn't a ****y. Sorry facts dont support you.

Jerry voted to enable the compensation committee.

Every owner entered the league signing agreements about not suing the league on internal disputes.

Both of them gave away there power. And again, these are smart guys that pay even smarter guys to analyze these situations and decide whether it's viable path to victory. So unless you are under the impression that Kraft lawyer's weren't advising him not to sue and/or were wrong in that assessment (going against the grain of every legal analyst who broached the subject) I don't know what you see being accomplished.
"Legal analysts" who conduct such analysis in print media are not usually doing so because they have great legal minds but decided to forego millions in order to collect a journalist's salary.

Plus, we don't often have any clue what area they practiced in, or if they even have copies of the agreements they purport to provide guidance on.

Kraft's lawyers would have given him a potential legal path to victory, with rough probabilities of success, and noted whatever risks that path might entail. Kraft chose not to take any risks.

It's actually more like if the principle gives your son detention for the rest of the month over violating a minor rule where it's highly in question whether he broke the rule but the school has given the principle the discretion to both determine what happened and the punishment, AND then your son spends the rest of his time in school playing nice with the principle.

Oh. I get it. So I hug the principle and it would never happen again. Right?

Something tell me Jerruh's lawyers told him had had zero chance whatsoever of winning. I mean, the Cowboys were one of the 32 teams that voted unanimously to delegate to the compensation committee the authority to negotiate and sign Goodell to a new deal.

Jerruh wanted a "take back" on the basis that he was lied to but apparently he realized that wouldn't work.

Oh. I get it. So I hug the principle and it would never happen again. Right?
It's more like you accept that you were dealt a crappy hand in a battle you weren't ever going to win and you could either be a pain and make life tougher for yourself because that's just the way the school/league does things or you can just say "I disagree" but not let the bad blood cause friction down the road.

It's a risk/reward thing.

"Legal analysts" who conduct such analysis in print media are not usually doing so because they have great legal minds but decided to forego millions in order to collect a journalist's salary.

Plus, we don't often have any clue what area they practiced in, or if they even have copies of the agreements they purport to provide guidance on.

Kraft's lawyers would have given him a potential legal path to victory, with rough probabilities of success, and noted whatever risks that path might entail. Kraft chose not to take any risks.

A lawyer will tell you the chances of victory and literally any potential path to victory starts with "upon entering the league you agreed to never sue the league for an internal dispute". For a lot of judges that's an automatic open and shut for throwing the case out.

Then beyond that you say "what do you really stand to gain". A late first and 4th round draft pick.

He actually sued quite a few times but only one once. Someone needs to do something. This commissioner is power hungry.
Yeah he sued so he could go to LA. That was the only one that he won. Then the league made his life hell and he was forced to go back to Oakland. Then he sued them for sabotaging him building a new stadium in LA and it was locked up in the legal process forever and eventually they sided with the NFL. He was made into a pariah and his son spent years being one of the poorest owners and he had to eat crap for awhile before they threw him a bone and gave him Vegas for playing nice when the Chargers and Rams wanted to go to LA.

Yeah he sued so he could go to LA. That was the only one that he won. Then the league made his life hell and he was forced to go back to Oakland. Then he sued them for sabotaging him building a new stadium in LA and it was locked up in the legal process forever and eventually they sided with the NFL. He was made into a pariah and his son spent years being one of the poorest owners and he had to eat crap for awhile before they threw him a bone and gave him Vegas for playing nice when the Chargers and Rams wanted to go to LA.
But I thought you can’t sue the league and if you try they can just take your team away because they feel like it???

gettyimages-633957514.jpg

Yes there is.
No that’s a SB victory in spite of the owner laying down and accepting penalties that made it even more difficult for the TEAM TO WIN IT FOR HIM.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back