PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerruh Jones trying to block Goodell extension

At this point, Goodell's greatest skillset is his willingness to serve as the forcefield that shields the corrupt Full 32 from direct condemnation by the public. Roger takes all the head shots and the body blows, gets bandaged up between rounds, and then climbs back into the center of the ring (after stopping off at the bank).
He is their useful idiot.
The problem is: Goodell is also the face of the NFL which is a terrible look.
Another issue: The NFL has consciously chosen to flaunt the business of football and their public money grabs across the face of the Earth show everyone where their priorities lie. Displays of greed never sit well with the masses.
Most worrisome to the owners right now: players are getting a taste of the leverage that can be had if they unite. Owners have to hate this most....effing prisoners.

I don't think the ratings are really an issue. People have to understand this.

1. Ratings have been going down in EVERYTHING for like a decade. The NFL was one of the only products still rising.

2. The NFL still has better ratings than everything else, it's just starting to experience the dip EVERYONE else did.

3. The NFL is sliding at a much slower rate than the rest of television. So they are still in a better position than everyone else.

4. The NFL made a fortune under Goodell. The owners ultimately won't forget that. And it's debatable that they want to go into their next television contract negotiations without the guy who got them the amazing deal they currently enjoy.
All solid points, but Goodell set himself for a fail by promising $25B in revenue by 2027, requiring him to add $1B per year to the NFL coffers. NFL owners can see it's not going to happen.

At this point, Goodell's greatest skillset is his willingness to serve as the forcefield that shields the corrupt Full 32 from direct condemnation by the public. Roger takes all the head shots and the body blows, gets bandaged up between rounds, and then climbs back into the center of the ring (after stopping off at the bank).
He is their useful idiot.
The problem is: Goodell is also the face of the NFL which is a terrible look.
Another issue: The NFL has consciously chosen to flaunt the business of football and their public money grabs across the face of the Earth show everyone where their priorities lie. Displays of greed never sit well with the masses.
Most worrisome to the owners right now: players are getting a taste of the leverage that can be had if they unite. Owners have to hate this most....effing prisoners.
Should be interesting to see where the league is after LA and Las Vegas are up and running.

I predict a lot of empty seats going forward, and it won't be a good look.

All solid points, but Goodell set himself for a fail by promising $25B in revenue by 2027, requiring him to add $1B per year to the NFL coffers. NFL owners can see it's not going to happen.

Point well taken. Now add to it that the next CBA agreement will have the adrenalin to strike if Herr Goodell is the Commish. His abuse of power is going to make the CBA more difficult

Roger on is his way out

Owners reportedly trying to stop Goodell extension

According to the report, owners are becoming increasingly unhappy with the Goodell and the league office.

Hopefully the kick him on his way out. The only thing that worries me about this article is that Mort is the one reporting on this and he is the worst reporter to cover sports.

If the NFL was smart, Roger and his staff would be fired today and ESPN would fire Mort as well.

NFL ≠ "smart", so....

I'll believe it when I see it. Teflon Roger has more lives than your typical alley cat.

An early Christmas present?

I still won't like Jerry Jones even if he did lead the effort to oust Roger.

I'll believe it when I see it. Teflon Roger has more lives than your typical alley cat.

UEg3Y3f6_400x400.jpg

"Alley cats... delicious..."

The only fitting replacement for him would be James Comey.

Wouldn't that be ironic if it was Goodell showing backbone on a social issue that finally took him down.

Because of that I don't believe the story for one second.

This could get me to like kraepernick

Jerry jones is a selfish bastard. When brady was being railroaded, jones said the commish was doing a fine job. Now that his dirt bag running back get suspended the shoe is on the other foot and he wants roger gone. And jerry was taking a knee during the anthem with his players then found out that the cowboys were going to lose sponsorships. Now it’s “standing up for the anthem” is the right thing.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back