PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell extended for five years :(

...and Kraft continues to endorse him.

It's like a Jewish person continuing to endorse the Nazi Party...Sadly in fact, a lot of them stayed in Germany, buying the diatribe in the 30's that the displacement, rape and murder of Jews was overplayed or fake news.

Kraft decided to adopt Roger when Tagliabue sent Goodell here to "help" secure a stadium deal and keep the Boston media market; so Goodell made lots of phone calls and you know how much Bob loves phone calls...

Anyway, Kraft can't see himself as ever being wrong. He has much more in common with Billy Sullivan than he would ever want. Sullivan drove Fairbanks out of town just like Kraft drove Parcells out. Of course, it's all worked out, because he hired BB.
drew-bledsoe-smiles-at-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-at-the-end-of-a-picture-id148002254

Kraft also said Bledsoe has a chance to be remembered in Boston like Ted Williams, Bill Russell and Larry Bird, each having played his entire career in the city.

``I remember feeling sad when Bobby Orr left,'' Kraft said of the NHL Hall of Famer who left Boston for Chicago near the end of his career. ``I saw this as an opportunity to sign one of the great Patriots for the rest of his career.''

I can understand how fans in Chi-Town may not ran Bobby on their all-time list, just like Allen Iverson likely wouldn't rank among the top Memphis Grizzlies ever.

But taking into account a player's entire career, college & pro, plus their ability to lead their teams to victory...using this criteria, there is no way I could rank Drew higher than eighth among all time Patriots quarterbacks.

Put it this way: He was drafted #1, paid a ton of money, and given the starting job with no competition (until 2001 when he pouted).

Do that for Parilli, Kapp, Dowling, Plunkett, Grogan, Flutie, or Brady...with that defense in that environment, and each one would outperform Bledsoe and win more.

You turned a thread on the fuhrer into a **** on Bledsoe remark.

Bledsoe is a stand up guy and you get the dislike for the wtf twist of the thread.

...and Kraft continues to endorse him.

It's like a Jewish person continuing to endorse the Nazi Party...Sadly in fact, a lot of them stayed in Germany, buying the diatribe in the 30's that the displacement, rape and murder of Jews was overplayed or fake news.

Kraft decided to adopt Roger when Tagliabue sent Goodell here to "help" secure a stadium deal and keep the Boston media market; so Goodell made lots of phone calls and you know how much Bob loves phone calls...

Anyway, Kraft can't see himself as ever being wrong. He has much more in common with Billy Sullivan than he would ever want. Sullivan drove Fairbanks out of town just like Kraft drove Parcells out. Of course, it's all worked out, because he hired BB.
drew-bledsoe-smiles-at-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-at-the-end-of-a-picture-id148002254

Kraft also said Bledsoe has a chance to be remembered in Boston like Ted Williams, Bill Russell and Larry Bird, each having played his entire career in the city.

``I remember feeling sad when Bobby Orr left,'' Kraft said of the NHL Hall of Famer who left Boston for Chicago near the end of his career. ``I saw this as an opportunity to sign one of the great Patriots for the rest of his career.''

I can understand how fans in Chi-Town may not ran Bobby on their all-time list, just like Allen Iverson likely wouldn't rank among the top Memphis Grizzlies ever.

But taking into account a player's entire career, college & pro, plus their ability to lead their teams to victory...using this criteria, there is no way I could rank Drew higher than eighth among all time Patriots quarterbacks.

Put it this way: He was drafted #1, paid a ton of money, and given the starting job with no competition (until 2001 when he pouted).

Do that for Parilli, Kapp, Dowling, Plunkett, Grogan, Flutie, or Brady...with that defense in that environment, and each one would outperform Bledsoe and win more.
That post was a wild ride!

I love the Patriots (the football component of the organization) but there's a distinct possibility that once TB12 is gone, my association with football will end, or at the very least, for as long as Goodell remains commissioner. An almost irrelevant point that will make no difference to the industry as a whole but I've already cancelled my subscriptions and will not spend a dime on the NFL in its current administrative form.

The owners do not care about us. **** them.

I get the view/loyalty on Brady -- seeing him as one of the lone 'good guys' to root for. What I'm stumped on is several fans leaving out BB (and by extension lumping him in with the other side). BB has been as about anti-NFL executives as any HC in my lifetime, and he has put in a tremendous amount for the Patriots very good on field product. Puzzling...

I get the view/loyalty on Brady -- seeing him as one of the lone 'good guys' to root for. What I'm stumped on is several fans leaving out BB (and by extension lumping him in with the other side). BB has been as about anti-NFL executives as any HC in my lifetime, and he has put in a tremendous amount for the Patriots very good on field product. Puzzling...

exactly it was Matt P who wore the Goodell Clown shirt, i'm sure BB approved

I am so F'ing angry about this extension. This guy should not have a job anywhere, he is a piece of crap, slimy sleazeball, a waste of life.

I am so disappointed in Kraft. I don't care about the salary, $1 means he's overpaid. Also Arthur Blank is a loser. Being rich doesn't mean you're smart. The only thing i'm banking on is Jerry Jones doing something.

I'm angry, disappointed, pissed off. I hate the NFL now

Understand the position but BB strikes me as one who will coach until he's in the grave. I'm not sure I can suffer another 25 years of Goodell.

Robert Conquest

"The simplest way to explain the behaviour of any bureaucratic organization is to assume that it is controlled by a cabal of its enemies."

Understand the position but BB strikes me as one who will coach until he's in the grave. I'm not sure I can suffer another 25 years of Goodell.

I understand Mate. Just don't be surprised to see both Brady and BB outlast Goodell. Just cause he got a 5 year doesn't mean he'll serve 5 years.

FWIW, I read sometime back a hearsay paraphrase that BB didn't want to coach when he was 70/in his 70s. I think he's 65. If true he'll at best outlast Brady no more than a year or two.

One other thing to think about (credit SalemPats who reminded me of this), Matt Patricia wore a Goodell clown shirt in front of the cameras. Pretty friggin bold move for a guy who presumably wants to be a HC someday. MP figuratively b!+ch slapped Goodell and the 3 comma lodge right in the face with that shirt. So hypothetically, what if BB retired in 4 years and MP took over as HC? You wouldn't want to root for, just a little, the defiant one MP to succeed? Think of the headline! Matt Patricia leads the Patriots -- powered behind the Brian Hoyer to Malcolm Mitchell TD connection, and behind a rock solid D powered by the stodgy veteran and league defensive star Kyle Van Noy, to super bowl victory number 8? :)

Not surprised. I won't be watching the NFL by 2024 so not concerned.

Um, its not. Not even close.

Not until McNair starts lamenting that the prisoners are running the concentration camp. Fortunately he didnt forget to take all his pills that day..

I’ll never understand why the owners like this guy. He is doing long term damage to their product with creating controversies like Deflategate, Bountygate, etc. and watering down the product with oversaturating the market with games that aren’t good.

The big loser is Jerry Jones. He went into this showdown as the most powerful owner, but now he has made an enemy of Goodell who now has another five years. And all Jones got to do was stomp his feet and still lost on Eziekeal Elliot.

Kraft should have sided with Jones against Goodell, but he didn’t. The only positive is Kraft probably strengthened his power in the NFL because of this, but it would have been better to oust Goodell.

I’ll never understand why the owners like this guy. He is doing long term damage to their product with creating controversies like Deflategate, Bountygate, etc. and watering down the product with oversaturating the market with games that aren’t good.

The big loser is Jerry Jones. He went into this showdown as the most powerful owner, but now he has made an enemy of Goodell who now has another five years. And all Jones got to do was stomp his feet and still lost on Eziekeal Elliot.

Kraft should have sided with Jones against Goodell, but he didn’t. The only positive is Kraft probably strengthened his power in the NFL because of this, but it would have been better to oust Goodell.

They like him because they realize the end is near and, through saturation of the product, Goodell stands to make them all the most money they can possibly squeeze out of the product before they either...

A) kick the bucket

-or-

B) sell the team.

This game will be a lot different in 20 years. Parents are beginning to restrict their children from playing it over concerns with long-term damage to the brain. This will inevitably do serious damage to the quality of the game as the years go on. Coupled with the Goodell regime and all the damage his decisions have done in the last ten years or so, the game is dying. Goodell's willingness to be the public whipping boy while pushing ideas that are ultimately designed to squeeze every last penny out of this dying product is why he got that new contract. I can guarantee you that the Kraft family will sell this team in maybe 20 years when they've made all of the profit that they can out it and it begins to damage their bottom line.

Seriously.

If there was an owner who could stop this it was Jerry.

Turns out he was completely overpowered and it wasn't even close.

It was like the Bills v the NEP.

Like it or not but Goody is a powerful dude (and a idiot at the same time)
I think the other owners closed ranks less because they wanted Goodell but more because they didn't want to give power to Jerruh.

If Jerruh had pushed out Roger then Jerruh would have been the power broker on who the next Commissioner would be.

Roger won and everyone else lost because Roger is still in charge.

I've read that if anything Roger is a master of palace politics, and he's proven it again.

Ironically, what Jerruh was saying is right, that the contract had too many giveaways to Roger and that Park Avenue has become a bloated mess.

However, he totally blew his strategy and in the end he would have been better off saving his ammo for a better fight.

Now he's shown his hand and it was a weak one.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back