PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell extended for five years :(

This is a big FU to everyone and especially the players, from the owners. It is a short term gain, but in the long term will backfire on the owners. This is proof that most of the owners are complete idiots who can't see past short term gains.

What the owners have just achieved is 100% certainty that there is going to be no football in 2021. Players will strike for however long it gets to get the CBA to favor them compensatively. The owners are going to lose big time then, if not before.

The job of the Commissioner of the NFL is one of the most illegitimate occupations seen in the public eye. No legitimate business of any kind would hire Goodell. He'd never be able to get away with doing the things he does now. This really just shows how greedy the 32 really are. Willing to sell the integrity of the game out every chance they get.
Yeah, but at this point he is hurting the popularity of the game so I don't see why greed would explain their love affair with him. Why would a greedy owner want to stick with a doofus who is costing them money? Ratings are down the last two years and there are tons of empty seats around the league. How does that help the owners?

This is a big FU to everyone and especially the players, from the owners. It is a short term gain, but in the long term will backfire on the owners. This is proof that most of the owners are complete idiots who can't see past short term gains.

What the owners have just achieved is 100% certainty that there is going to be no football in 2021. Players will strike for however long it gets to get the CBA to favor them compensatively. The owners are going to lose big time then, if not before.

I don't think the owners believe there will be any long-term gains for the NFL and are simply out to maximize their short-term earnings by squeezing every penny out of the product that they can before most of them bail out in a decade or two. That's really the only reason I can see them all being on-board with a business decision that, on its surface, is a terrible one.

I don't think the owners believe there will be any long-term gains for the NFL and are simply out to maximize their short-term earnings by squeezing every penny out of the product that they can before most of them bail out in a decade or two. That's really the only reason I can see them all being on-board with a business decision that, on its surface, is a terrible one.

I did read your other post on that, and I think your answer makes a lot of sense. I wonder if they're much more aware of the CTE elephant in the room than they are letting on.

I did read your other post on that, and I think your answer makes a lot of sense. I wonder if they're much more aware of the CTE elephant in the room than they are letting on.

I think they are.

The stupid thing is, these guys don't need the money. If they made nothing off their NFL franchises going forward, most of them would still be billionaires.

I think it's all about ego - the world is telling them they need to get rid of Goondell, and they're reacting like the spoiled children they are, "We are powerful, you are not. You can't tell us what to do. We're keeping him just to spite you, AND we're giving him an obscene raise".

It's not how much profit do they have with Roger, it's how much profit he brings above or below what a moderately competent replacement would.

Why do you believe that you know more about what comes would make more for the owners?

"there is no way I could rank Drew higher than eighth among all time Patriots quarterbacks."

Honestly, one of the dumbest/craziest statements I've ever read. Even Felger would not offer up a hot take this stupid. You clearly just have some sort of agenda against Drew and it's warped your mind. You sound like that ****** from the Cowboys who went on the radio a few years ago (probably drunk or high) and called Tom Brady "trash" and "garbage." Please stop embarrassing yourself. Bledsoe is hands down the second best QB this team has ever had.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back