PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell contract demands ($50m salary, private jet, health insurance for life)

From the article, here's Kraft --

"Still, in that fateful conference call Nov. 2, after Jones’ threat, the source with knowledge of the call said Patriots owner and committee member Robert Kraft told Jones words to this effect: Jerry, my franchise got killed for a BS incident with so-called deflated footballs. We lost our quarterback for 25% of the season. We got fined a million bucks. We lost first- and fourth-round picks. For hogwash! But I took it. My fans killed me for it, but I try to be a good partner."
Still doesn't explain why TF Kraft would give him a bloody raise.

If Roger gets anything more than taken out into the back alley and euthanized I'm voting for Bernie Sanders next election.

I can tie my own shoes, that's gotta be worth what, $60 million a year?

Of course if he doesn't get his demands we'll probably see a sex tape released of Roger giving Kraft fellatio.

"Still, in that fateful conference call Nov. 2, after Jones’ threat, the source with knowledge of the call said Patriots owner and committee member Robert Kraft told Jones words to this effect: Jerry, my franchise got killed for a BS incident with so-called deflated footballs. We lost our quarterback for 25% of the season. We got fined a million bucks. We lost first- and fourth-round picks. For hogwash! But I took it. My fans killed me for it, but I try to be a good partner."

To which Jerry retorted, "I'm not a p*ssy and I stick up for my team and players"?

Goodell's hubris knows no bounds.

He pretty much bungles every issue thrown his way and then acts like his importance to the league demands a pay increase /perks.

It's sickening how much money he's already made throughout his horribly managed era of control.

Okay, it's one thing for Bob Kraft to say to the fans "I had no meaningful recourse against Goodell's appalling abuse of power during deflategate so I had to submit to his authority."

What's his justification for approving a new contract with a healthy pay raise and lavish benefits including a private jet?:mad::mad::mad:

I’m surprised Goodell isn’t asking for all teams to wear an “RSG” patch on their uniforms and his profile to be etched onto the SB trophy.

I don’t get Krafts point. He’s basically agreeing with Iones on Goodells judgement and performance and then is willing to give Goodell $50M to stay on to be a “good partner”.

For the love of God, Robert, think about the future of the NFL. Are you going to let Roger run the league into the ground, and destroy the value of your billion dollar assset, all in the name of being a good partner?

The only reason the owners are even contemplating this is that Goddell definitely has a lot of dirt on them. There is no way in hell they would give into these demands otherwise !

OffEJTR.gif

Won the internet

I hate Goodell to no end but I still am not sure how much decision making power he has vs just being a front man for the owners. He/Owners have absolutely bungled the majority of "scandals" over the years with the main issue being that they were not actually scandals to begin with. The NFL went out of its way to call into question the integrity of its own product multiple times which is incomprehensible. Even if they believed the alleged issues were real you would think that a league that relies so much on the gambling public would have downplayed all of them and quickly and quietly resolved them. In baseball you had the Cardinals breaking into another teams computer system and somehow that got resolved without John Smoltz crying and and a national dialogue on "what about the children" Football literally spent several millions in a concerted effort to prove its best player is a cheat including hiring disreputable "experts" Truly stunning.

If Goodell truly has the power then any owner looking to renew his contract is a complete idiot. If he does not have the power then $50 Million seems like an awful lot of scratch to play the role of the public buffoon or bully.

Feel dirty rooting for Jones but in this case I clearly am.

Too bad that Stokoe wasn't on Roy Hallday's flight.

Too soon?

well, I hate to disagree RW but...I'd prefer that Stokoe keep on living in his own private Idaho of privilege and pride so that when he's casually out strolling down the boulevard of life somewhere, he'll never see the tractor trailer hurtling down on him....sorta like THIS ---->

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back