PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady for MVP this year or is there someone more deserving?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who should win MVP?

• Tom Brady

• Carson Wentz

• Leveon Bell

• Alex Smith

• Other - Give details of your write in vote and why

• Russell Wilson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Vote now. To me, Brady is the top choice, not just because of my Pats fan bias, but because of what he has accomplished all year.

Brady currently leads the NFL in passing yards with 3,632.
Second in Touchdown passes with a 26 TD to 4 INT ratio.
Second in Completion percentage with 68.5%.
Best QB rating in the entire NFL at 109.7.
First in YPA of all qualified QBs with 8.3.

What more do you need to see? After 12 games, if the vote were taken today, I would vote for Tom Brady as the NFL MVP. Do you think he will/should win it? And if not who would you nominate instead?

Carson Wentz has been touted as an MVP candidate but currently owns 600 -less- passing yards than Brady. Although he has 3 more TDs and 2 more INTs. He also only has a QB rating of 102.0 which is a full 7 points lower than Brady.

Le'veon Bell is probably the best RB in the entire NFL with 1,057 yards as of today. But he only has 80 yards more than the Saint's Brandon Ingram and how often has a running back made enough of an impact to beat a QB in an MVP race?

Strangely enough Alex Smith is having a very strong season, with the 2nd best QB rating in the league at 107.2 but nobody honks his horn. Is he a dark horse candidate?

Vote now. To me, Brady is the top choice, not just because of my Pats fan bias, but because of what he has accomplished all year.

What more do you need to see? After 12 games, if the vote were taken today, I would vote for Tom Brady as the NFL MVP. Do you think he will/should win it? And if not who would you nominate instead?

Carson Wentz has been touted as an MVP candidate but currently owns 600 -less- passing yards than Brady. Although he has 3 more TDs and 2 more INTs. He also only has a QB rating of 102.0 which is a full 7 points lower than Brady.

Le'veon Bell is probably the best RB in the entire NFL with 1,057 yards as of today. But he only has 80 yards more than the Saint's Brandon Ingram and how often has a running back made enough of an impact to beat a QB in an MVP race?

Strangely enough Alex Smith is having a very strong season, with the 2nd best QB rating in the league at 107.2 but nobody honks his horn. Is he a dark horse candidate?
Brady and it’s not even close.

Are you kidding with Alex Smith?

Yeah but Russell Wilson and Carson Wentz are competing with him too.

Brady and it’s not even close.

Are you kidding with Alex Smith?

Hey I wanted to be fair with the poll choices and give another option.
Russell Wilson will probably receive consideration over him but believe it or not, Alex Smith's stats are better than Wilson's in terms of completion %, QB rating, and ypa.

In fact in response to feedback, I've added Wilson as a poll option now. :)

Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, and Carson Wentz are the ones with a real chance to win.

Alex Smith has zero chance of winning. In football voters only vote for their #1 choice. If this was like baseball where your rank your top choices (10?), I would suspect Smith wouldn't even get a single top 5 vote.

It's crazy to think the Saints could be winning their division and Drew Brees not get any MVP consideration. Trust me, I agree he's not a part of the conversation, just odd that this circumstance exists.

Wilson
1) People with that name are great QBs, intelligent, athletic & good looking
2) He is carrying that sorry team. Don't just look at QB#s. He's making plays with his legs too.

Hey I wanted to be fair with the poll choices and give another option.
Russell Wilson will probably receive consideration over him but believe it or not, Alex Smith's stats are better than Wilson's in terms of completion %, QB rating, and ypa.

In fact in response to feedback, I've added Wilson as a poll option now. :)
Smith is probably not even top 20 mvp candidates. In fact he is closer to losing his job than winning mvp.

Wilson
1) People with that name are great QBs, intelligent, athletic & good looking
2) He is carrying that sorry team. Don't just look at QB#s. He's making plays with his legs too.
He isn’t close to brady.

I really like what Wentze has done and it is really close. Brady has been pretty consistent this year. Maybe a bad half here or there, but he has been known to put up a stinker or two a season. Not too bad this year.

Lol @ Alex Smith. His team is in free fall and he isn't playing well, how valuable to them can he be?

Honestly, I would love for Brady to win reg season MVP & SB MVP (possible). However, I think it’s between Brady, Wilson & Wentz. Wilson is CARRYING his team. Much respect to him. He’s a headache to defend.

Those other guys are no good, system qbs. So screw them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back