PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady for MVP this year or is there someone more deserving?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who should win MVP?

• Tom Brady

• Carson Wentz

• Leveon Bell

• Alex Smith

• Other - Give details of your write in vote and why

• Russell Wilson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we want to break all of the old superstitions/curses this season? Maybe the Patriots become the first AFC colored jersey team to win a SB in 14 years; Brady wins NFL mvp and SB; Belichick wears the red hoodie in the SB. Or should they choose to wear white (pending they get to SB), and hope someone else wins NFL MVP, and BB wears a blue hoodie?

Thus far, I'd give it to Wilson as he has by far the most injuries etc to deal with. No Sherman, Chancillor ( I think?), terrible RB.

Brady, but he probably won't get the award. Wilson will probably win, and I don't think he's a bad choice, even though he's a clear number two to Brady.

The MVP of the league is Brady without a doubt, but give it to somebody else. That award is a jinx. I am okay with Wentz or Wilson getting it.

Definitely Wilson (just don’t count all of his punchless performances, completely ineffective first halves, the massive talent at skill positions, and focus only on the last three weeks.). Hype train on Wilson is now at full speed, much like it was worn Wentz two weeks ago.

IMO the most deserving right now in order..

#1 Brady/Wilson
#2 Wilson/Brady
#3 Wentz
#4 Brees (that bad int on Thursday has really put him behind these 3 for more. You can't make that mistake).

No one else is in the running IMO

If had to give it to someone today I probably pick Wilson but still plenty can change. I wouldn't mind Brady losing it to Wilson as much. Wilson has put together MVP caliber years in the past. I just hate when a 1 off flash in the pan player wins it who just happened to have a lot of things fall their way like a weak schedule or some new wrinkle that came out that year.

Wilson winning would not be such a case. It would be a player winning cause he was just that good that year without any BS reason.

Wilson‘s offense is averaging 24.1 ppg this year. I don’t care about the the percentage of TDs he accounts for; on the Patriots ten rushing touchdowns, you don’t think Brady has a huge part in successful running plays? Back to that 24.1 ppg.

Matt Ryan, 2016 - 33.8 ppg
Cam Newton, 2015 - 31.3 ppg
Aaron Rodgers, 2014 - 30.4 ppg
Peyton Manning, 2013 - 37.9 ppg
Aaron Rodgers, 2011 - 35.0 ppg
Tom Brady, 2010 - 32.4 ppg

This is why Wilson shouldn’t really be in the MVP discussion. He doesn’t even lead an offense that dominates and never has, which should be a minimum requirement for a quarterback as an MVP candidate. Brady and Wentz are both leading dominating offenses and averaging over 30 ppg. Imagine the Patriots record if you took one touchdown off the board each game or the Seahawks if they scored one extra touchdown per game. It’s such a bandwagon idea that he is truly an MVP and in Brady’s class. The Seahawks have broken 30 points just 3 times this year while they have failed to score 17 in four. The Patriots have broken 30 points six times; their lowest scoring output was 19 points. There is no debate here. Wentz belongs in the discussion but Wilson does not.

Wilson‘s offense is averaging 24.1 ppg this year. I don’t care about the the percentage of TDs he accounts for; on the Patriots ten rushing touchdowns, you don’t think Brady has a huge part in successful running plays? Back to that 24.1 ppg.

Matt Ryan, 2016 - 33.8 ppg
Cam Newton, 2015 - 31.3 ppg
Aaron Rodgers, 2014 - 30.4 ppg
Peyton Manning, 2013 - 37.9 ppg
Aaron Rodgers, 2011 - 35.0 ppg
Tom Brady, 2010 - 32.4 ppg

This is why Wilson shouldn’t really be in the MVP discussion. He doesn’t even lead an offense that dominates and never has, which should be a minimum requirement for a quarterback as an MVP candidate. Brady and Wentz are both leading dominating offenses and averaging over 30 ppg. Imagine the Patriots record if you took one touchdown off the board each game or the Seahawks if they scored one extra touchdown per game. It’s such a bandwagon idea that he is truly an MVP and in Brady’s class. The Seahawks have broken 30 points just 3 times this year while they have failed to score 17 in four. The Patriots have broken 30 points six times; their lowest scoring output was 19 points. There is no debate here. Wentz belongs in the discussion but Wilson does not.

The Seahawks are 8-4 solely on the right arm and legs of Russell Wilson. I don't care what their PPG is. Their defense is a shambles, and their o-line and running game is a joke.

The Seahawks are 8-4 solely on the right arm and legs of Russell Wilson. I don't care what their PPG is. Their defense is a shambles, and their o-line and running game is a joke.

Points allowed
Philadelphia - 215
Seattle - 222
New England - 223

The running game/offensive line stuff is classic excuse making. We’ve seen truly elite quarterbacks overcome these issues year after year. Do you realize how crappy the Patriots running game is and how dependent it is on Brady moving the safeties back? Scrambling QBs forever have a bad offensive line, supposedly.

Wilson is the MVP of last week...the first time most people saw him play this year. He has zero objective claim to the MVP of the so-far 13 game season. If he plays at an extremely high level for the next four games and Brady/Wentz struggle, he could be a serious consideration.

The MVP should be , in no particular order..

1)Peyton Manning

2)Eli Manning

3) Cooper Manning

4)The Manning family's parakeet

5) Manning Daboats, US Naval Academy 7th year senior QB

Yup!

A couple of Manning's MVP seasons were total BS and I really believe it was just an agenda that was being driven to pump up his legacy

The year he "split" the MVP award with McNair was a total joke... he had like 28 TDs that year, but they pretty much desperately tried to come up with a reason each year NOT to give it to Manning

Dont care if Brady wins it, hes raised the bar so high for his level of play that everyone takes how great he is for granted.. ill take another superbowl mvp

The MVP should be , in no particular order..

1)Peyton Manning

2)Eli Manning

3) Cooper Manning

4)The Manning family's parakeet

5) Manning Daboats, US Naval Academy 7th year senior QB
You forgot Archie. How could you forget Archie?

As the horses hit the 3/4 pole do the announcers discuss who should win?

So much can happen in the next 4 games that could change everything.....

Seattle at Jax, Rams H, at Dal, AZ H could result in no playoffs and reduced votes for Wilson.

I know Eagles fans have heard talking heads all week mention Philly has only beaten 1 team with a winning record but if Jared Goff out performs Wentz and is the ! seed does that hurt Carson's chances?

Yes Suh, he's my Brady killer as Hoyaa is a destroyaa of the Pats playoff chances meanwhile Jimmy G wins 5 straight. Knock wood.

Just I write this the NFL Network has spent a 1/2 hour on the MVP race.

I also hate that the playoffs have no bearing on the vote. If a QB throws 5 interception and blown out in the 1st round that should matter, why so quick to vote.

My prime example was Barry Bonds who always disappeared in the playoffs but won 7 MVPs.

I'm not voting.

1) I cannot in good conscience claim to separate my bias from the objective truth, but also

2) Having admitted to subjectivity, I would have given TFB at least 5 MVPs by now, maybe more.

No player molds everybody around him and makes them better, to make not just a pretty regular season record, but usually a deep playoff run.

That very phrase, "usually a deep playoff run," tells you everything you need to know about what Brady means on the field. Brees? No. Love him, but no. Wentz, Goff, Captain Checkdown Smith? No. The last similar work by a quarterback - "usually a deep playoff run" - was Peyton Manning, when he regularly had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James et. al. ... so tell me how that's similar to TFB's ability to do likewise with guys we didn't know two or three years ago, in any given year. Granted since Gronk came out, we've had Gronk. But that's as close as he gets.

I'm sorry, but I'm too much of a homer on this. Yes, this is another year where Brady should get an MVP. He's just good enough that people can't stomach giving him something else every year.

That's okay. All sorts of losers get MVPs. Winners get SB rings, and 5 seems so... "Just one ring more than anybody else in history" right now. TFB really needs to double up the grand total number of rings owned by the Manning family.

And yes, that means winning 8. That's realistic.

He mentioned the Manning parakeet.

The way the League* tried to play that storyline for the last 17-18 years I'm surprised they didn't give an MVP to Cooper Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes