PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this season proof that Brady needs Belichick?

It's not that black and white; there were/are many factors in play, chief among them relative roster strength. The Pats roster bottomed out in 2020, the Bucs roster was brimming with star talent. The Pats have been rebuilding since, the Bucs have more or less maintained.
After Brady left the quarterback play in New England went down the toilet.

Patriots Quarterbacks 2020-2022
47 TDs
39 INTs
204 Y/G

Brady 2020-2022
108 TDs
30 INTs
294 Y/G

With the more talented team, Brady has the same record as Bill does as of today, so we'd still be in last place in the AFCE with Brady. Also, the AFCE has never been better than it is now. At no point during Brady's 20 years here were the Dolphins, Bills, and Jets good at the same time.
There isn't a Patriots fan who resents the team's success with Brady more than you. Your dedication to discrediting Brady, and by extension the team's 20-year dynasty, is really pathetic.

He's number 1 in playoff INTs...

He's 2nd in the league in yards but half of those are YAC anyway
And only has 2 INTs on the season. Outside of the Green Bay game, why don’t you tell me why we, the last place New England Patriots, lost the other three?

Reactions: sb1
He's coming...and he can throw a deep ball consistently well unlike the top guy on your list
His playoff ints are trending the wrong way. 0,2,2 and last year 3. Yep he is coming for the top spot in playoff ints for sure and it will likely be in way less games than the GOAT.
Oh, so the guy who has more passing attempts than anyone else is going to collect a few more yards and touchdowns along the way...got it

And that’s awesome. He’s going up against some of the best teams in the league and still throwing so many TDs.

If you want a real apples to apples comparison:

The GOAT has played way more games than anyone else on this list… and he’s 28th. Lol

His playoff ints are trending the wrong way. 0,2,2 and last year 3. Yep he is coming for the top spot in playoff ints for sure and it will likely be in way less games than the GOAT.

You could say the same thing about Brady's INTs over time. I don't know about you, but I consider 10 TDs/2 INTs in 2019 and 11 TDs/3 INTs in 2021 to be damn good. Mahomes has a playoff TD/INT ratio of 4. Brady has a playoff TD/INT ratio of 2.1 LMAO.
And that’s awesome. He’s going up against some of the best teams in the league and still throwing so many TDs.

No, from 2020 to 2021, 70% of his touchdowns game against teams with a winning record of below .400. I haven't done the numbers this year but they don't look promising.
The GOAT has played way more games than anyone else on this list… and he’s 28th. Lol

So he gets worse in the playoffs? Or more likely, he's facing tougher teams in the playoffs while lighting it up against bad teams during the regular season.

Remarkably, some of those same fans and mediots wanted to give Cant Newton the pay increase and extension that they and Bill didn't want to give Brady. And every one of them has been proven wrong for doubting Brady. Some people never learn.

This season proves what I already know and see every week. Coaches don't win games, players do. Coaches can only lose them.
Thank you. And I actually liked Cam generally speaking, but holy ****, it's baffling how Belichick didn't want to keep Brady because he was old... just for him to replace him with a 32 year old Cam Newton who was WAY more washed up then Brady was at the time. Cam's body started to break down after 2017, and he barely played in 2019...

Still don't know how the fan base didn't criticize him more for that

@MAC10 is full of sh*t. Absolute clown show.

Raving about Mahomes in the postseason where he can't beat Brady. Mahomes will have to win 8 Super Bowls to catch Brady. Based on his Super Bowl performances so far (2 TDs, 4 INTs, 64.2 passer rating) he won't come close. Last we saw of Mahomes in the postseason he was choking up the AFCCG... his last 7 drives in that game: 16 yards/punt, 17 yards/punt, 7 yards/INT, -2 yards/punt, -4 yards/punt, 49 yards/FG, 0 yards/INT... that's 83 yards, 2 INTs and 4 punts in 7 drives. Nice job.

Raving about Mahomes in the postseason where he can't beat Brady.

And Brady can't beat Eli Manning or Nick Foles in the super bowl - your point?

Mahomes will have to win 8 Super Bowls to catch Brady.

No, if Mahomes wins 5 super bowls and only has 1 loss, it will do. Brady's super bowl losses matter. And who says super bowl wins are the only criteria? Is Robert Horry the GOAT of the NBA? Between Brady and Mahomes, one guy throws mostly dink and dunk passes, the other guy doesn't.

Based on his Super Bowl performances so far (2 TDs, 4 INTs, 64.2 passer rating) he won't come close. Last we saw of Mahomes in the postseason he was choking up the AFCCG... his last 7 drives in that game: 16 yards/punt, 17 yards/punt, 7 yards/INT, -2 yards/punt, -4 yards/punt, 49 yards/FG, 0 yards/INT... that's 83 yards, 2 INTs and 4 punts in 7 drives. Nice job.

Mahomes has only been to two super bowls and is just getting started. Besides, we've seen a bunch of crappy performances by Brady in the super bowl - against the Giants in particular.

Last edited:
And Brady can't beat Eli Manning or Nick Foles in the super bowl - your point?
Your comparison was Brady and Mahomes. Stick to the topic or I'll have to start pointing out all of the ways in which Belichick f*cked up those three Super Bowls.

No, if Mahomes wins 5 super bowls and only has 1 loss, it will do. Brady's super bowl losses matter. And who says super bowl wins are the only criteria? Is Robert Horry the GOAT of the NBA? Between Brady and Mahomes, one guy throws mostly dink and dunk passes, the other guy doesn't.
You think Mahomes is getting to 4 more Super Bowls and winning them all? He's not getting through Allen, Jackson, Watson, Burrow and Herbert (and possibly now Tua) that many times. Allen is slumping bigtime right now but if he gets himself right again then Buffalo is a better team than Kansas City.

Raving about Mahomes in the postseason where he can't beat Brady. Mahomes will have to win 8 Super Bowls to catch Brady. Based on his Super Bowl performances so far (2 TDs, 4 INTs, 64.2 passer rating) he won't come close. Last we saw of Mahomes in the postseason he was choking up the AFCCG... his last 7 drives in that game: 16 yards/punt, 17 yards/punt, 7 yards/INT, -2 yards/punt, -4 yards/punt, 49 yards/FG, 0 yards/INT... that's 83 yards, 2 INTs and 4 punts in 7 drives. Nice job.
Mahomes will be fortunate if he wins 1 or 2 more Super Bowls. 6 more is not even remotely in the realm of possibility. He is already way behind the pace Brady set 20+ years ago.

Not to mention Mahomes is horrible in Super Bowls. He won't be facing Jimmy Garoppolo every time he makes one.

Tom Brady is so great and made winning look so easy that idiots are fooled into thinking it is easy. For decades, 4 Super Bowl Championships was the gold standard for QBs. I bet we never see anyone exceed that number again in our lifetimes, to say nothing of reaching 7.

There isn't a single QB in the NFL right now with more than 1 Super Bowl they won as a starter other than Brady himself. You have to go back 27 years just to find a guy winning his 3rd and 33 years to find a guy winning his 4th. So yeah that means that, other than Brady, no QB has more than 2 during the salary cap era.

Last edited:
Your comparison was Brady and Mahomes. Stick to the topic or I'll have to start pointing out all of the ways in which Belichick f*cked up those three Super Bowls.

Do you want to talk about **** ups?

This:

GaseousSickHydatidtapeworm-max-1mb.gif

Resulted in this:

1202088627_4344.jpg

And this:

sfsebjgnsbaiytqrvjdc

Last edited:
This:

GaseousSickHydatidtapeworm-max-1mb.gif

Resulted in this:

1202088627_4344.jpg

And this:

sfsebjgnsbaiytqrvjdc
He has 7 Superbowl rings. 5 time Superbowl MVP. He is the greatest of all time. He made it to 10 Superbowls in 20 years of starting. He was more likely to go to a superbowl in that span than anyone in the NBA was to make a 3 pointer. If he didn't even start to play until he was 40 he'd be in the hall of fame. Whats wrong with you?

That's funny, a picture of Burress wide open in the end zone because of Belichick's choking defense. Brady handed Belichick a 4-point lead with 2 minutes left, that close to a perfect 19-0 season, and Belichick choked.

Let's rank the biggest head coaching choke jobs in the history of the Super Bowl:

1. Belichick SB 42
2. Belichick SB 52
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
v
3. _______________

That's funny, a picture of Burress wide open in the end zone because of Belichick's choking defense. Brady handed Belichick a 4-point lead with 2 minutes left, that close to a perfect 19-0 season, and Belichick choked.

Let's rank the biggest head coaching choke jobs in the history of the Super Bowl:

1. Belichick SB 42
2. Belichick SB 52
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
v
3. _______________
Gee, I wonder why 10 didn't start off with a picture of Belichick with the same "This resulted in this" ending? Look Brady wasn't great that day but he gave us the lead. I suppose Tom could have played better defense on the Giants winning drive though.

Gee, I wonder why 10 didn't start off with a picture of Belichick with the same "This resulted in this" ending? Look Brady wasn't great that day but he gave us the lead. I suppose Tom could have played better defense on the Giants winning drive though.

Brady was 2 for 9 on offensive drives that day…the most important game in NFL history and possiblly American sports history.

Brady was 2 for 9 on offensive drives that day…the most important game in NFL history and possiblly American sports history.
He had the lead until the defense gave it up in possibly the most important game in American sports history. That history is in the books. You can't undue it. You can't spin it. We needed a stop with the lead. We didn't get it. Brady is the GOAT. You can't erace that with your SB 42 foolishness.

He had the lead until the defense gave it up in possibly the most important game in American sports history. That history is in the books. You can't undue it. You can't spin it. We needed a stop with the lead. We didn't get it. Brady is the GOAT. You can't erace that with your SB 42 foolishness.

Belichhick held the Giants to a whopping 3 points through 3 quarters while Brady was being handed his ass by Strahan and Co. There is only so much you a defense can do in a super bowl. For you to blame Bill when Brady did nothing most of the game is funny. The Pats averaged 17 points allowed on defense all year in 2007, while the offense averaged 37 points a game. You tell me, which unit did its job?

Belichhick held the Giants to a whopping 3 points through 3 quarters while Brady was being handed his ass by Strahan and Co. There is only so much you a defense can do in a super bowl. For you to blame Bill when Brady did nothing most of the game is funny. The Pats averaged 17 points allowed on defense all year in 2007, while the offense averaged 37 points a game. You tell me, which unit did its job?
Stat stat stat. That doesn't change what happened after we had the lead. Brady did what he had to do which was give us the lead. He wasn't great that day but he gave us the lead. The Giants had a game winning drive against the Patriots. Go away with your SB 42 foolishness.

Last edited:
Stat stat stat. That doesn't change what happened after we had the lead. Brady did what he had to do which was give us the lead. He wasn't great that day but he gave us the lead. The Giants had a game winning drive against the Patriots. Go away with your SB 42 foolishness.

It doesn't change the fact that Brady played like crap. And I'm not giving Brady any credit for the Moss touchdown when the defensive back slipped and fell on the last play of that drive. The fact that Moss scored was a fluke.

It doesn't change the fact that Brady played like crap. And I'm not giving Brady any credit for the Moss touchdown when the defensive back slipped and fell on the last play of that drive. The fact that Moss scored was a fluke.
Lol, now you're dismissing the go ahead touchdown. Pathetic. I'm not changing any facts. I'm pointing out one you refuse to accept. Bye. Muted again in a long list of threads you dominate with nothing but BS

Thank you. And I actually liked Cam generally speaking, but holy ****, it's baffling how Belichick didn't want to keep Brady because he was old... just for him to replace him with a 32 year old Cam Newton who was WAY more washed up then Brady was at the time. Cam's body started to break down after 2017, and he barely played in 2019...

Still don't know how the fan base didn't criticize him more for that
I didn't like the way Cam entered the league and I never thought he was a good QB. He was a pretty good runner and talker though.

The fact that we ended up with Cam tells me that Bill wasn't ready for Brady's departure. I've seen it discussed here by some that maybe Bill's ego got in the way and he assumed that Brady would take the low-ball offer. No matter what the reason though, it was a huge mistake.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back