PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady for MVP this year or is there someone more deserving?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who should win MVP?

• Tom Brady

• Carson Wentz

• Leveon Bell

• Alex Smith

• Other - Give details of your write in vote and why

• Russell Wilson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wentz has zero shot as I said, as does Brown. Brown is not even the MVP on his own team. That would be LVB.

Gurley does have a shot, but we've seen MVP is a QB award by default unless none of them stand out and the non QB had a historically great season. Look at Peyton Manning's 2008 MVP stats if you want to see evidence of this.

In the end Gurley will get votes and maybe even a lot of them but I don't think it will be enough to stop Brady IMO. Brady's season did stand out and is a deserving MVP, the dude is 40 and is at or near the top of the league in stats that matter. Plus voters will remember the drive in Pittsburgh to clinch the #1 seed. They won't really remember that he threw some INTs.

Brady has not played as well without Edelman out there. He still has all kinds of tools to play with, but the way Wentz played, was pretty darn impressive.

They usually give it to a QB anyway, not that I necessarily agree with it.

Brady has not played as well without Edelman out there. He still has all kinds of tools to play with, but the way Wentz played, was pretty darn impressive.

Very true re Wentz. But he didn't finish the season.

And to be honest... as I said before, knowing how this league works... it would not shock me if the league is encouraging the voters behind the scenes to vote for Tom. As an "apology" of sorts for dragging his name and legacy through the dirt over the last 36 months for reasons that were absolute garbage.

Actually, no, just not a blind homer who think Brady is the best just by stepping onto a football field.
Brady is the best because brady is the best. No blinders needed.

A guy like Gurley, Antonio Brown[ or Wentz clearly show to be more valuable in this particular season. Brady's INT rate down the stretch, went up similar to his 2002 and 2011 seasons. Neither were MVP-worthy seasons.
This is 2017 not 2002

Brady int% 1.4
Wentz unt% 1.6

“Down the stretch” brady won 11 of 12.

In 2011 brady threw 2 ints in thread entire second Half if the season and they win every game. And they averaged over 35 ppg. The only reason brady didn’t win the mvp was gb and Rodgers going 15-1.

Do you just make this stuff up?

Answer me this. Who is the greatest qb of all time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true re Wentz. But he didn't finish the season.

And to be honest... as I said before, knowing how this league works... it would not shock me if the league is encouraging the voters behind the scenes to vote for Tom. As an "apology" of sorts for dragging his name and legacy through the dirt over the last 36 months for reasons that were absolute garbage.

Why would you think that (the latter statement)? They all want Brady to be embarrassed, suffer, to go away, etc.

No way Framegate II (Deflategate) exists if what you are saying is true.
Any honest adult knows that he was framed and the whole was a complete joke with the league having egg all over its face like with the Ray Rice Affair.

If anything, a case will be made against him because people have been conditioned to think Brady is spoiled, a baby, a whiner, a wuss and is a product of the system, which of course is all false.

I love the one about him not being "tough", too. No one has taken more hits in a postseason in NFL history than that guy.

Why would you think that (the latter statement)? They all want Brady to be embarrassed, suffer, to go away, etc.

No way Framegate II (Deflategate) exists if what you are saying is true.
Any honest adult knows that he was framed and the whole was a complete joke with the league having egg all over its face like with the Ray Rice Affair.

If anything, a case will be made against him because people have been conditioned to think Brady is spoiled, a baby, a whiner, a wuss and is a product of the system, which of course is all false.

I love the one about him not being "tough", too. No one has taken more hits in a postseason in NFL history than that guy.

One reason is so Brady and BB are less inclined to write a book telling the truth about the commissioner and league who falsely branded him a cheater. All intelligent fans know he was framed and the charges were BS, even fans that don't like the Patriots. The league isn't stupid, they know what those fans think too. I expect them to go out of their way to get back on good terms with the greatest QB of all time.

And we know that MVPs, HOF berths have a lot of politics to them. I mean - they were ready to give Peyton Manning Super Bowl MVP as a goodbye present (the story was already prepared in the media brief) until Von Miller made that impossible. I think this will be no different here. It's just how the league rolls, IMO.

Couldn't agree more about Brady's toughness. It's criminally underrated. When you have guys like Tuck and Michael Bennett call Brady tough, that says it all. I really wish Rodney Harrison didn't make his stupid skirt comment, that contributed a lot to the perception that he isn't tough.

Does anyone remember the screen name of that earlier Brady troll who is probably back under this Chris Stevenson screen name?

Does anyone remember the screen name of that earlier Brady troll who is probably back under this Chris Stevenson screen name?

No clue, but 42 posts (and counting) since Friday means that the guy has definitely posted here before and either got ran out or got the boot.

No clue, but 42 posts (and counting) since Friday means that the guy has definitely posted here before and either got ran out or got the boot.

I expect he'll get the boot again, since it's pretty clearly just a troll account.

Todd Gurley had a pretty amazing season. He would be the only competition at this point, IMO.

I remember. Babe Parilli. That fossil.

Hate to say it, but I think Carson Wentz has sort of proven to be the MVP. His team is now an underdog at home vs Atlanta, and Philly hasn't looked as good since he got hurt. I think he already did enough to win it, to be honest.

Brady's last 6 games or so have been pretty mediocre at times. Stats be damned, the eye test still is the thing with stuff like this.

Yeah and Manning was the MVP when Colts went 1-15 without him.

Jeez...........

Yes and no. He doesn't have a no. 1 WR, nor a raid fire receiver like Edelman. Amendola can't carry that load. Yes the backs have tried to fill that spot, but it isn't the same. While Dec. hasn't been particularly kind to Brady, overall he's played pretty well.

Yes and no. He doesn't have a no. 1 WR, nor a raid fire receiver like Edelman. Amendola can't carry that load. Yes the backs have tried to fill that spot, but it isn't the same. While Dec. hasn't been particularly kind to Brady, overall he's played pretty well.
Edelman was both of what you mentioned.

I’m fine with making it a QB award. They touch the ball more than anyone else. They control the game. They control the momentum. They own the game.

Did Gurley make some impressive plays? Sure. But, what happened last year? They got a new coach and things changed.

QBs make things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye