PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady for MVP this year or is there someone more deserving?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who should win MVP?

• Tom Brady

• Carson Wentz

• Leveon Bell

• Alex Smith

• Other - Give details of your write in vote and why

• Russell Wilson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be an awesome Super Bowl. Whoever wins, Goodell gets tarred and feathered during the presentation ceremony. I’ll never forget this tweet on the day Brady was suspended.

Basically the only high-powered NFL figure who was willing to do something like this. I can’t ever root against Payton if he is playing anyone else, and if the Pats don’t win, I’d gladly root for the Saints. I wish I had known what a conniving weasel Goodell was during Bogusgate with New Orleans.

Yep, the FU Roger Bowl. The Saints and their fans are the only franchise I respect.

Yeah just getting my head around this, but what if Berry Sanders did run for 2083 yards on the 9-7 lions in 1997 and it's all him? No good defense, OL or QB. Berry not the MVP ? because they cant win ? Lions wouldn't even get to the playoffs if Sanders didnt do that.

First it depends upon who the candidates are. It’s not a matter of was he good does he get mvp, it’s who is MOST valuable. The most important player on the team that had the most success should be considered most valuable, unless there is no clear mist important player, which is rare.

No defense ol or QB is subjective.

This is not really about Brees, yeah think he knows he's been shafted, but I don't think he cares. Probably be Mayor of NO in 2 years. I just used him as an example of someone that its crazy Cam has one but not him so.. maybe the thinking is a little crazy or as smart guy ice_ice , like you, said its political, and if so its really doesn't mean much right ? Just a scout badge
Again which years do you think he was shafted? You can be a tremendous player and never the single most valuable. Btw Brady only has 2 and he is the GOAT.

I mean you have to think to yourself probably one of the best, accurate, and consistent to play the game has =0 de uno, err nada and sanders is not MVP 1997 ? so it's about wins and the person that is MVP to carry a team is not that important., hence not that valuable.
Hense Smith was a way better RB because he ran with 1-10 OL, but sanders is not better even though his OL was junk.

Just getting my head around this.
Who says sanders OL was bad?

Are you saying having a weak team makes a player more valuable? How do you justify taking the award away from the guy who led his team to 14-2 or 15-1 and tell him you are giving someone else who didn’t play as well the award because you feel sorry that he Doesn’t gave good players around him?

You seem to be looking at it as taking the player and asking if his stats deserve mvp without looking at the other players.

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot B-gate?

No, that’s why I single them out as being with the Patriots. Just like Spygate what the Saints were doing was common practice in the NFL yet it was treated as an aberration worthy of the most extreme sanctions. It was 100% holier than thou horsesh.t and Goodell did lasting damage to the Saints because he’s a sanctimonious *******.le. Beyond that Payton was the only major figure within the NFL to make a public stand with the Patriots regarding “ Deflategate,,” which was also 100% bullsh.t.

I’d love a Saints/Patriots Super Bowl, it would be a great game with the two most deserving franchises in football pitted against each other.

Bradys stats wouldve been even better if not for the piles of injuries....If you put the stats away, think what brady did considering all of the injuries during the season? he lost his most trusted receiver in Hogan, played without burkhead/white/Gronk at times. and was able to lead his team to 13-3 and the #1 seed.

Good Lord. Reading this is evidently worse than a riddle.

Re: pherien
Completely understandable with your reaction I was born with dyslexia growing up in the 1980's, when no one knew what it was. Possible some thoughts are out of context. I usually have to write and have my home computer speak to me to say what I want to express, as opposed to what I type, and typing freehand is horrible.
I had a hard time learning in college because i could not read what was on the board, and 10x longer to read. I'm am not try to make myself look good or brag, but I started in computers because 0-1 is easy at 12. Family was poor and did road work at 13 for money. I was a great RB with 4 HS seasons of over 2300 yrd and a high of 32 TD's in 8 games. I know Bundy right. I was Junior Olympics x2 in wrestling.
I was IT director for OMB white house president during Bush, and then NASA wanted me to work at Goddard and the top 4 IT admins.
I know I make mistakes, and i really apologize for that. Im sure I wrote something wrong, but I think you should think before you know who your making fun of.
So many people in this forum deserve respect and so hard working,
I apologize if I offended or was confusing with what i posted ok.
You cant get on board with that then I think we both know where this is going.

Last edited:
Brady is first team all pro QB, with 94% of the vote. He is getting MVP. Lock.

Travis Kelce :D:D:D:D

Who got the other 3 votes???

Gurley won RB All Pro pretty easily as well. So it's between them. This does confirm to me that Wentz is a complete non factor

Gurley won RB All Pro pretty easily as well. So it's between them. This does confirm to me that Wentz is a complete non factor

Agreed. Assuming by default it’s a QB award...

Hate to say it, but I think Carson Wentz has sort of proven to be the MVP. His team is now an underdog at home vs Atlanta, and Philly hasn't looked as good since he got hurt. I think he already did enough to win it, to be honest.

Brady's last 6 games or so have been pretty mediocre at times. Stats be damned, the eye test still is the thing with stuff like this.

Hate to say it, but I think Carson Wentz has sort of proven to be the MVP. His team is now an underdog at home vs Atlanta, and Philly hasn't looked as good since he got hurt. I think he already did enough to win it, to be honest.

Brady's last 6 games or so have been pretty mediocre at times. Stats be damned, the eye test still is the thing with stuff like this.
Brady’s last 6 games include 1 bad game, 4 18+ point wins and a win in the road against a 13-3 team.
Betting lines don’t determine mvps.

You seem to have become he newest antiBrady member of the board. That’s too bad.

Wentz played a tad over three quarters of a season. He has no shot at the MVP.

Brady’s last 6 games include 1 bad game, 4 18+ point wins and a win in the road against a 13-3 team.
Betting lines don’t determine mvps.

You seem to have become he newest antiBrady member of the board. That’s too bad.

Actually, no, just not a blind homer who think Brady is the best just by stepping onto a football field.

A guy like Gurley, Antonio Brown or Wentz clearly show to be more valuable in this particular season. Brady's INT rate down the stretch, went up similar to his 2002 and 2011 seasons. Neither were MVP-worthy seasons.

Russel Wilson would be the only one I would bother to even consider.......he had a hand in all but 3 of the Seahawks TDs

34 TD passes (0 for anyone else)
3 rushing TDs (1 for anyone else)

the seahawks also had 1 ST and defensive TD

I'm not sure value can get more absolute than that

Actually, no, just not a blind homer who think Brady is the best just by stepping onto a football field.

A guy like Gurley, Antonio Brown or Wentz clearly show to be more valuable in this particular season. Brady's INT rate down the stretch, went up similar to his 2002 and 2011 seasons. Neither were MVP-worthy seasons.

Wentz has zero shot as I said, as does Brown. Brown is not even the MVP on his own team. That would be LVB.

Gurley does have a shot, but we've seen MVP is a QB award by default unless none of them stand out and the non QB had a historically great season. Look at Peyton Manning's 2008 MVP stats if you want to see evidence of this.

In the end Gurley will get votes and maybe even a lot of them but I don't think it will be enough to stop Brady IMO. Brady's season did stand out and is a deserving MVP, the dude is 40 and is at or near the top of the league in stats that matter. Plus voters will remember the drive in Pittsburgh to clinch the #1 seed. They won't really remember that he threw some INTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back