PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wk16 practice/roster news: KVN moving better; Branch to miss few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna see Britt try and get into this offense. Dorsett has been such a dissapointment. Yes he had made some catches but he still looks lost out there. Not consistent.

This game worries me. I have a bad feeling Gronk will be out for the season by Sunday night....smh....

If, by some miracle, Gronk is not lost for the season on Sunday night, do you promise to knock off the ridiculous posting for the rest of the year, and to either post in a sane manner or stop posting until after the Super Bowl?

If, by some miracle, Gronk is not lost for the season on Sunday night, do you promise to knock off the ridiculous posting for the rest of the year, and to either post in a sane manner or stop posting until after the Super Bowl?

It's gonna have to be a festivus sized miracle but I'm still pulling for Gronk to make it out alive...

It's gonna have to be a festivus sized miracle but I'm still pulling for Gronk to make it out alive...

I'd be more worried if the Bills weren't in the playoff hunt. If the Pats get up a couple scores, hopefully Gronk gets some rest away from the playing field.

Not expecting Hogan to play this week. Obvious pain still in Miami.

Probably much better just to keep him on ice for the last two games. Obviously, he can also take advantage of the bye week as long as they take care of divisional business at home. That’s another several weeks of rest, potentially even another month+.

Getting Hogan, Burkhead, and Branch all healthy for the playoffs would be enormous. In the meantime, I’d have a close eye on Van Noy, too. Even if he’s active, I’d be more cautious than usual, assuming that the game is going the right way.

If the Bills send a player who succeeds in deliberately injuring Gronk at Gillette, that player may have a difficult time making it out of the stadium alive.

Patriots fans would need to put down their cell phones & stop sipping martinee's to notice.

Last edited:
I’m not worried. Gronk will be fine, but FWIW..

Quite frankly, Patriots fans would be expecting retribution if the roles were reversed. I don't blame them at all if they take Gronk out. I'd hate it. It would mean no SB. But I'd understand it.

No. They shouldn't.

Did you see Richie Incognito's comments? I dunno....I mean you can beat Buffalo without Gronk. If his season is over by Sunday, fans here will be singing a different tune about whether he should've started.

Last edited:
More people should be worried. Buffalo could easily have some backup scrub go for the acl. They'd have nothing to lose.
Here’s what we have to consider:

How often do you think opposing players are trying to give Gronk an extra shot or two on the ground or after the play? I’m guessing that it happens more often than we’d think.

Also, what can really be done in terms of Sunday? You can’t sit one player like Gronk while another like Brady plays. There’s also the main point that we have to win these last couple of games to secure HFA and Gronk is crucial to that. It also sets a bad look for the team when it looks like your team is scared of anyone else. You just can’t sit Gronk, at least until they could hypothetically have a late 4th quarter lead. Again, fingers crossed that’s the case.

Here’s what we have to consider:

How often do you think opposing players are trying to give Gronk an extra shot or two on the ground or after the play? I’m guessing that it happens more often than we’d think.

Also, what can really be done in terms of Sunday? You can’t sit one player like Gronk while another like Brady plays. There’s also the main point that we have to win these last couple of games to secure HFA and Gronk is crucial to that. It also sets a bad look for the team when it looks like your team is scared of anyone else. You just can’t sit Gronk, at least until they could hypothetically have a late 4th quarter lead. Again, fingers crossed that’s the case.

I understand it gives a bad look. But isn't a SB the main priority? Let's be honest: This team isn't sniffing a SB without him. Furthermore, is he really needed to beat Buffalo? If the answer is no, you can't play him.

Again, I understand it looks bad. But how will you feel if he's out for the season by this time on Sunday?

Quite frankly, Patriots fans would be expecting retribution if the roles were reversed. I don't blame them at all if they take Gronk out. I'd hate it. It would mean no SB. But I'd understand it.
Rewatching the replay shows that it would be asinine to “take Gronk out.” He made a split second poor decision to give him a little extra elbow when he fell/tackling him a second after he’d been tagged down, but it’s hardly worthy of this type of serious retribution talk.

Probably much better just to keep him on ice for the last two games. Obviously, he can also take advantage of the bye week as long as they take care of divisional business at home. That’s another several weeks of rest, potentially even another month+.

Getting Hogan, Burkhead, and Branch all healthy for the playoffs would be enormous. In the meantime, I’d have a close eye on Van Noy, too. Even if he’s active, I’d be more cautious than usual, assuming that the game is going the right way.
Fully agree. I just hope Hogan, Van Noy and Branch are effective for the playoffs. In the meantime, RJF has been a surprise, Britt will get some opportunities, and....I got nothin for LB. Really thin there. But hopefully they pull out a couple of wins to secure #1 seed and home field. This is certainly not guaranteed.

I understand it gives a bad look. But isn't a SB the main priority? Let's be honest: This team isn't sniffing a SB without him. Furthermore, is he really needed to beat Buffalo? If the answer is no, you can't play him.

Again, I understand it looks bad. But how will you feel if he's out for the season by this time on Sunday?
I’m guessing that Belichick feels that he’s definitely needed to beat BUF, and I’d tend to agree with him. He’s certainly not going to look past a divisional foe with a tough (at times) defense and chip on their shoulders. This point is even more important when you assume that Hogan isn’t playing.

Fully agree. I just hope Hogan, Van Noy and Branch are effective for the playoffs. In the meantime, RJF has been a surprise, Britt will get some opportunities, and....I got nothin for LB. Really thin there. But hopefully they pull out a couple of wins to secure #1 seed and home field. This is certainly not guaranteed.

That's what worries me with hogan and others. Being rusty.

and....I got nothin for LB. Really thin there

Excuse me, KVN, the second coming of LT, is almost back. Smooth sailing from here :)
Seriously, KVN actually played well. No he isn't the second coming of LT but he showed enough to suggest he is certainly at minimum adequate. And when Roberts and others don't have to be KVN I think the group as a (w)hole play notably better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News