PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots / Brady Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you write your own posts? Do you have a ghost writer? I'm not sure what you're implying. Why wouldn't I write my own posts?

I swear I've seen that title thrown around before, which is why I asked.

The biggest myth of them all is that BB is not a great GM. He's not only great, he's the best of all time, so how could he be killing himself as a coach.

For years, I've wondered why the media raves about Ozzie Newsome and Ted Thompson, while bashing BB. Well, I do know the answer to that, actually. We all should. It's just sad some of our fans take the media cheese every year.

Thompson finally got canned and Ozzie is next.

Not at all. I just don't believe Brady's postseason improvements from 2014-2016 and 2 SBs in the 3 years are a coincidence with Garropolo standing behind him.

BB knew what he was doing with that draft pick.

Brady's INT rate skyrocketed from 2007-2012 as compared to 2001-2006. It's not a fact you can dispute.
Please show TB12s interception rate skyrocketing.

Tom Brady Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

[QUOTE="Chris Stevenson, post: 5205178, member: 39066"Brady's INT rate skyrocketed from 2007-2012 as compared to 2001-2006. It's not a fact you can dispute.[/QUOTE]

TB's interception % average from 01-06' ..2.6 Interception % average from 07-12'..1.5
Hmmmm.
And yes, I made sure I didn't include the 08' season when I made my calculations.

Of course we were reshaping the backbone of the defense and that is why 2010, 2011 were among the best coaching jobs BB & co have done.
But here's a thought. Both those defenses had large gaps on the defensive side, yet were remarkable in their ability to create turn overs.

Think about this for a second. In the 2011 superbowl that historically bad defense caused 4 Giant fumbles. The only one they recovered was wiped out due to a penalty. If they had recovered just one of them, there would be a 6th Lombardi at the Pats HOF today.

So the question is what were they doing so differently then that caused those TO's. OR....are turn overs simply random and are mostly just lucky bounces of the ball and deflection that for some reason wind up in your hands.

Brady has been protected by Reiss for years and years, and the rhetoric was alwasy to go after BB and the D. The media has also protected these facts from being fairly analyzed.

Fact 1: The D played well enough in SB 42 and SB 46 to win, certainly better than what the offense did. And, the 2007 and 2011 title games, as long ago as those were, are even more true. So, please stop acting like Brady has been perfect and is above reproach here. You Bradyites are kinda creepy, to be honest.

I have no issues. I am good.
Us" Bradyites"? Creepy?
Dude, I've criticized Brady when its warranted. I'm just as big of a BB fan ad I am a Brady fan. I root for laundry.
I think most objective people reading your posts would say the only thing "creepy" is your posts.
Yes,you have issues and,no,you're not good.
I'm not one given to attacking people, but I've read all your posts,looking for some reasonableness.
Trolls have issues. You are a troll.
This is my last interaction with you.
Too much good stuff on this site to waste time with your bs.

so, is there any new practice news in here? Do pats practice today?

When @AndyJohnson and @Deus Irae called you out I wasn't sure.

Now I am.

You are a closet Garrapolite and a Brady-Hater.

This post is the most ridiculously inaccurate, over-the-top critical assessment of Tom I have every read.

I can carve up every single line of your post with facts and you will just complain that there is actual debate

I swear you are Seth Wickersham.
Actually I think he is a 49er fan.

I am talking about in games where the offenses disappears for long stretches and the D has its butt pinned to the wall defending short fields over and over in an offensive era. It just happened for 6 straight games to end the season while the D battled, so undermanned.

Brady has been protected by Reiss for years and years, and the rhetoric was alwasy to go after BB and the D. The media has also protected these facts from being fairly analyzed.

Actually in a lot of cases the rhetoric was quite fair IMO.

Fact 1: The D played well enough in SB 42 and SB 46 to win, certainly better than what the offense did. And, the 2007 and 2011 title games, as long ago as those were, are even more true.

Actually - no they didn't. Scoreboard says it all.

And the defense really wasn't very good at all in 2011. They were lucky to even get that far.

So, please stop acting like Brady has been perfect and is above reproach here. You Bradyites are kinda creepy, to be honest.

I don't think anyone here thinks Brady is perfect and above reproach.

Brady has under-performed in postseasons in the past. It's a fact and history cannot be changed. With Garropolo now gone, the pressure is back on Brady.

Yes he has. BUt I don't think it had much to do with JG. JG showed nothing here that made him a threat to take Brady's job.

so, is there any new practice news in here? Do pats practice today?
Made a new thread for that so this discussion can go as members wish.

Not at all. I just don't believe Brady's postseason improvements from 2014-2016 and 2 SBs in the 3 years are a coincidence with Garropolo standing behind him.

JG at no time during his stay here was ever a threat to take Brady's job. I don't think that's much of a motivating factor.

Brady's INT rate skyrocketed from 2007-2012 as compared to 2001-2006. It's not a fact you can dispute.

Brady was not the QB he is today during 2001-2006. Case in point, Alex Smith didn't throw a lot of interceptions this year either.

All true, but I also see Brady ignoring Allen and Dorsett like they have a disease and then everyone runs around claiming they aren't any good. Well, if he doesn't throw to them, how do we know?

Also, this is not the first time it's been a struggle breaking in new guys. This isn't splitting the atom here.

In all honesty, I got giddy on that screen pass to Gillislee vs the Jets and the early passes to Dorsett and Allen early in the Pitt game, but then they were never seen again. That's what we need more of, but then it disappears throughout the game for some mysterious reason, which IMO, is McDaniels getting too cute, thinking he needs to show something else as opposed to just continuing to do what's working. Not all of the time, but absolutely sometimes he's done this.

It's stuff like that, which is what I am talking about here. Ever notice, the other All Pro QBs don't have such an issue breaking in new receivers every year? Rodgers, Rivers, Brees, Stafford, Big Ben, etc...No problems.

Cooks comes here and he's "not that good" according to some. So, does that mean Brees is better than Brady? I don't think so.

Obviously, Brady wants the guys he prefers, but life isn't perfect and it's their job to figure out a Plan B that is workable.

The offense has sputtered without Hogan out there, no question about it.

Edelman? Of course it took a hit, but it's a good thing BB dealt for Cooks, too. Different skill sets, but I am always shocked when people claim Cooks isn't that good, when it's because Edelman has been THAT good this whole time.

It doesn't mean a loaded RB group, a HOF TE and Cooks, can be your only targets, though.

The more sustained commitments to the run have been good, but the offense was clearly more lethal last year in the red zone.

As I keep mentioning, they've made it through and I expect the real deal on Sat night.

The Pats are so loaded in the backfield, Gillislee can't even stay Active.

Hands down, Brady's best RB group since 2003 or 2004, and i would say it's more talented and deeper.
Cooks numbers this year are nearly identical to last year. Brady consistently spreads the ball around. He has thrown TDs to more players than anyone in history. If he sucks at getting guys involved than every QB who has ever played sucks worse at it.

I am talking about the fact the D has been maligned due to a combo of things, but also how the offense has hit a wall at times in the postseason in the past and WHY that happens. And, I am not talking 2009, 2013 or 2015 with so many injuries or a the forefront of a rebuild in 2009/2010 either.

Yes, we are talking about Brady and him blaming his center for a supposed bad snap down in Atlanta, when he pulled back too quick and said "we need to work on that". Nope. You pulled back too quick, Tom. More than once early that year, too.

I am talking about in games where the offenses disappears for long stretches and the D has its butt pinned to the wall defending short fields over and over in an offensive era. It just happened for 6 straight games to end the season while the D battled, so undermanned.

Fact 1: The D played well enough in SB 42 and SB 46 to win, certainly better than what the offense did. And, the 2007 and 2011 title games, as long ago as those were, are even more true. So, please stop acting like Brady has been perfect and is above reproach here. You Bradyites are kinda creepy, to be honest.

Fact 2: The national media attacks BB, not Brady as much. So, everyone just thinks what the media says is true which is why fans from other teams are running around right now saying things like "The Pats D is awful", when it clearly isn't.

I just sit back and laugh and then watch the D shock people come postseason.

I have no issues. I am good.

Brady has under-performed in postseasons in the past. It's a fact and history cannot be changed. With Garropolo now gone, the pressure is back on Brady.

We shall see how he reacts. I say he reacts well looking to show Garropolo in waiting was NOT the thing that made him a better postseason QB from 2014-2016.
I know than Ian just established a policy asking everyone to not call posts or posters stupid, idiotic morons, so I’m not going to do that.

I will say however that virtually everything you have said about the patriots has been wrong. I tried to correct you, and even detailed entire arguments you made based on incorrect facts but that has just led to you ignoring the responses and skipping off to another thread to weave even larger, factually inaccurate, logically incoherent yarns.

I tried, but it appears there are only 2 ways to deal with you.
A) waste my time blowing up every argument you make because you really have no idea
Or
B) laugh at you.

I’m a gonna choose B.

I thought this thread would “skyrocket“ to Tennessee by now..
oh well..

I think Welker should have caught it, but you have to at least admit Brady throwing off his back foot, caused that ball to go high. He was wide open, dude.

You and I could have hit that on a line and Welker may have even scored. I didn't want him to, as bleeding clock there likely would have won the game.

This is not meant to bash or re-hash, but at least be fair and accurate about what happened.

Brady's mistake there wasn't the throw itself imo. His mistake was hesitating giving the safety (Phillips) time to make the read and shift Welker's way. The throw had to be the more difficult one to the back shoulder where it was or Welker would have been blown up and probably lost a fumble.

I don't feel bad about that loss, it's not like the Patriots were a championship caliber team. They were a weak SB team that year - they beat one good team the whole year (Baltimore in the AFCCG, and were VERY lucky to even do that). The only reason why that game was close was the Giants weren't much better.

Last years SB Champs clown stomp the 2011 Giants and probably this year's team too.

JG at no time during his stay here was ever a threat to take Brady's job. I don't think that's much of a motivating factor.

Brady was not the QB he is today during 2001-2006. Case in point, Alex Smith didn't throw a lot of interceptions this year either.
Hey sb1.
You might be interested to know that the “fact” you were told is indisputable is in fact 100% WRONG.

Brady int %
01-06. 2.55

07-12 1.55

It didn’t rise it was cut down by about 40%.

I must've picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue, because I swear I saw someone post that Brady's interception rate "skyrocketed" post-2006.
I assume he means post season.

2001-2006 1.84
2007-2012 3.56

Of course in 2014 he threw four interceptions in the post season (tied with his highest total) and won the Super Bowl. And in 2013 he threw zero interceptions and didn't make the Super Bowl so one metric doesn't exactly tell the story.

All true, but I also see Brady ignoring Allen and Dorsett like they have a disease and then everyone runs around claiming they aren't any good. Well, if he doesn't throw to them, how do we know?

Since you just joined Friday, you may not have read all the way through the several threads discussing Cooks, Dorsett and Allen and seen the scores of posts from me and from others attempting to offer a different point of view to those who have claimed that they "aren't any good" - which is certainly far from "everyone".

So, I'll expand the context for you here a bit ...

Neither Dorsett nor Cooks were particularly accomplished at intermediate-range routes when they got to the Pats. Through OTAs and Camp, it seems likely that the education/integration of Cooks in the Pats system didn't focus much on those intermediate routes since the Pats were still expecting Edelman and Mitchell to be available. By the time they were injured, it was too late to effectively change gears on that course of study for Cooks. Dorsett (like any WR the Pats might've been able to affordably acquire at the last minute) didn't even have any education in the Pats system from OTAs or Camp.

While Allen was more of an intermediate-range/outlet target in Indy, his catch rate wasn't consistently outstanding there and has been its worst with the Pats this season (10 of 22 tgts, 45.5%). However, I think that several of those incompletions have been close to completions - just a tad off on the timing or positioning or the sight-adjustment from Allen.

While it seems likely to me that both Cooks and Dorsett have at least tried to find ways to work on intermediate routes on their own time, and that Allen has likely been working on improving his route-running, actual practice during the season is all about that week's gameplan - and the gameplan is built around what McD and Brady KNOW that these players can do with consistent success. Anything else would seem foolish to me, frankly.

So, it's not that "Brady is ignoring" Allen or Dorsett (over 60% of Dorsett's 194 yards have come from 4 chunk plays - it's what he's good at), it's the gameplan that's "ignoring" them - in the sense that they're Brady's 3rd, 4th or 5th reads on nearly all plays where they're in the pass pattern. Brady just doesn't get to those later reads very often - because he's that good and the guys who are Brady's typical 1st and 2nd reads are that good.

In all honesty, I got giddy on that screen pass to Gillislee vs the Jets and the early passes to Dorsett and Allen early in the Pitt game, but then they were never seen again. That's what we need more of, but then it disappears throughout the game for some mysterious reason, which IMO, is McDaniels getting too cute, thinking he needs to show something else as opposed to just continuing to do what's working. Not all of the time, but absolutely sometimes he's done this.

Just because one pass to Dorsett or Allen, or one (major surprise) screen to Gillislee works that one time, does NOT mean "it's working!" in any full time sense. It doesn't mean that either Dorsett or Allen have mastered a number of different reads and routes and are being "left out" only for some arbitrary reason. It doesn't mean that the screen game is suddenly working after sucking all season (for a lot more teams than just the Pats this year, btw).

It simply means that those specific plays were executed in practice consistently enough to be used in the game.

Also, this is not the first time it's been a struggle breaking in new guys. This isn't splitting the atom here.
It's stuff like that, which is what I am talking about here. Ever notice, the other All Pro QBs don't have such an issue breaking in new receivers every year? Rodgers, Rivers, Brees, Stafford, Big Ben, etc...No problems.

Cooks comes here and he's "not that good" according to some. So, does that mean Brees is better than Brady? I don't think so.

Obviously, Brady wants the guys he prefers, but life isn't perfect and it's their job to figure out a Plan B that is workable.

No, I've never noticed that all the other All-Pro QBs have no issue successfully breaking in new WRs EVERY year. Because it doesn't happen. Every 3-4 years, maybe. In between those successes, though, there have been numerous failures - for all those QBs. So, "no problems"? You're dreaming.

In any case, that's an apples-to-oranges comparison since those offenses are different from Pats offense - and from each other. And the strengths and weaknesses and preferences and tendencies of those QBs and OCs are different form each other and from the Pats. Even the Saints offense, which uses similar "levels concepts" and a similarly abbreviated verbiage for play calls at the line isn't identical to the the Pats offense, and neither are their players. There's nothing whatsoever about any of this that's a "one-size-fits-all" deal.

The offense has sputtered without Hogan out there, no question about it.

Edelman? Of course it took a hit, but it's a good thing BB dealt for Cooks, too. Different skill sets, but I am always shocked when people claim Cooks isn't that good, when it's because Edelman has been THAT good this whole time.

It doesn't mean a loaded RB group, a HOF TE and Cooks, can be your only targets, though.

The more sustained commitments to the run have been good, but the offense was clearly more lethal last year in the red zone.

As I keep mentioning, they've made it through and I expect the real deal on Sat night.

For all the complaints about "Brady ignoring" certain pass-catchers and McD "calling too many deep throws", Brady finished with ...
- a 66.3 completion % = 3rd highest of his career, behind only 2007 (68.9%) and 2016 (67.4%)
- 4577 yards = almost 600 more than in 2014 with one less completion
- only one fewer TD passes than in 2014 (32 v. 33)
- 30 more passing yards per game than in 2014

As far as a "Plan B" goes, you've been watching it unfold all season long - with 13 wins and the #1 seed. That is the "real deal".

It's not as if everything has fallen apart without Edelman, Mitchell and Bennett (or Hogan. It seems to me that McD has been doing at least a few things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes