31 -- 48% -- Cassius Marsh
30 -- 46% -- Lawrence Guy
28 -- 43% -- Deatrich Wise
27 -- 42% -- Jonathan Jones
16 -- 25% -- Jordan Richards
6 --- 9% --- Alan Branch
2 --- 3% --- Harvey Langi
1 --- 2% --- David Harris

I was happy to see they did a simple and right thing - giving the playing time to guys that played well in preseason (A.Butler, Guy, Wise, Marsh - @SEA) and putting them in positions they practiced in preseason (KVN).

Start from this and give guys missing preseason time to earn snaps back. Harmon and Solder could use some of that as well but unfortunately don't have the “luxury“. Hopefully they get up to speed soon.

Hopefully BB&co can start managing Flowers' snaps with more Wise and Hightower when he's back . to make him most efficient.

Nice to see new signings paying some dividends early as well..

And: it is just amazing what White does on his snap count..

Not sure what the point of Harris is, he's obviously done.

Branch in the dog house too.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Adam Butler 45 snaps and Alan Branch 6 snaps......... WOW! I know Branch had a horrible game against KC but this is unexpected. Seems Branch is done.

Without Hightower I had a lot of concern about the LBs.

Van Noy had a very good game. Roberts who was out there a fair amount too had a solid game as well. Harris who should be the #2 LB wasn't in much. Good day for the LBs.

Branch has reached a point in his career where a crisis of desire is not unexpected. Bill is seeing signs that the "want to" is waining in Branch. This is a test to see if the fire relights - or goes out.

Adam Butler 45 snaps and Alan Branch 6 snaps......... WOW! I know Branch had a horrible game against KC but this is unexpected. Seems Branch is done.

Butler is playing better than Branch, and has passed him in the depth chart. This could be temporary or permanent. Also, he give us an inside rush.

Branch was injured. He isn't at 100%.

In any case, it would NOT be so bad to have Branch as backup to Butler.

If an opposing team is more of a running team, we may need more of Branch, especially with Valentine out.

BOTTOM LINE
It isn't a negative for the team when a younger player moves up in the depth chart.

Apparently, the Harris acquisition hasn't worked out. Roberts, who many of us had cut because of Harris, is now ahead of Harris. Harris may play more against a running team, or not.

Without Hightower I had a lot of concern about the LBs.

Van Noy had a very good game. Roberts who was out there a fair amount too had a solid game as well. Harris who should be the #2 LB wasn't in much. Good day for the LBs.

Apparently, Richards still has a role.

He is our 8th DB. He is the last of the position players. The rest are special teamers: Bademosi, King and Ebner (who is injured).

Apparently, the Harris acquisition hasn't worked out. Roberts, who many of us had cut because of Harris, is now ahead of Harris. Harris may play more against a running team, or not.

Like I said elsewhere, we'll see. Next week will be a good barometer. If he can't get on the field against the base offense Texans, then I don't know why he's here. If he does, it at least makes some sense that he's being managed early in the year.

Apparently, Richards still has a role.

He is our 8th DB. He is the last of the position players. The rest are special teamers: Bademosi, King and Ebner (who is injured).

I thought the special teams were fantastic yesterday. especially considering who wasn't playing.

Langi may still be recovering from his injury. It would interesting to know how many special teams reps he played. It is certainly OK if he is primarily a special teamer, with Roberts ahead of him.

I thought the special teams were fantastic yesterday. especially considering who wasn't playing.
Does someone have the number of special teams reps of each player?

Branch in the dog house too.

Branch has reached a point in his career where a crisis of desire is not unexpected. Bill is seeing signs that the "want to" is waining in Branch. This is a test to see if the fire relights - or goes out.

This may be reading too much into the situation.

1) The Saints' "ground game" isn't scaring anybody, and it's not as if the Pats needed to use their top run-stuffing DT in order to make the Saints' offense one-dimensional. Probably better, strategically, to use Brown and surround him with guys who are competent against the run and who can also hurry more throws.

2) Branch is old and started Camp on PUP. If they didn't really need him for this game, why put him out there?

Dwayne Allen might be listed as a TE but he's really a blob of a Tackle out there a waste of 46 snaps.:rolleyes: I hope Hollister really steps up because there ain't much to overcome at position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back