PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wk16 practice/roster news: KVN moving better; Branch to miss few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin was questionable (knee) last week, but played against MIA anyway (2 catches for 20 yds total).

Williams was questionable (groin) two weeks ago, but off the injury report last week, AFAIK. I don't think he's missed a game yet this season. Probably wouldn't miss this one if he can avoid it at all.

If you look at Bells breakdown (carries/yards) its clear to see where he picked up his yardage.

LE- 1/6
LT- 4/12
LG- 4/14
C- 7/33
RG- 2/10
RT- 3/4
RE-3/38

Wise/Lee were on the right side and Butler was in the middle .
Good work. I think 2 of those RE were for 38 (back to back) because I remember a no gain in the first half.
So in other words aside from those 2 plays he was 22-79 which is a good job against a team trying to keep Brady off the field.

Good work. I think 2 of those RE were for 38 (back to back) because I remember a no gain in the first half.
So in other words aside from those 2 plays he was 22-79 which is a good job against a team trying to keep Brady off the field.

Yep! on the right-end side there were back-to-back 15 and 18 yard runs and a 5 yd gain.

With Van Noy and Branch I expect that to improve and return more to what we saw in the middle of the season.

Not expecting Hogan to play this week. Obvious pain still in Miami.

only reason hogie played in miami was because we were missing gronk and needed a decoy.

Not that it means much . but good to see D.Jones on this list almost every week IIRC.
If his body can stay in one piece and can stick around this could possibly save one high draft pick for a safety ;) Plus he's excellent returner..

His problem next year is the same one Ebner and Wilson had, and that's getting any snaps on the regular D behind McCourty, Chung, and Harmon.

Last edited:
His problem is going to be next year is the same one Ebner and Wilson had, and that's getting any snaps on the regular D behind McCourty, Chung, and Harmon.
Richards.

Not meaning to sound like a kiss ass, but this forum has been substantially improved since you joined in March, and I’m sure that I’m not the only person who feels that way. You bring a lot of good stuff here.

Him and @NE-VT have my votes for the Rookie Poster of the Year award.

Wow! Thanks!

Those are quite some compliments, especially coming from you and @luuked !

Oh puke. Why don't you three get a room?

His problem next year is the same one Ebner and Wilson had, and that's getting any snaps on the regular D behind McCourty, Chung, and Harmon.

With McCourty and Chung both turning 31 next August, the Pats are going to need to start working somebody into the regular rotation, probably sooner rather than later.

That's been Richards this season. To us fans, it appears that hasn't been successful even a little bit. However the Pats coaches may feel about Richards' performance, which may (or may not) be different from our perspective, unfortunately he's the best option for now, if Chung or McCourty get injured (God forbid!).

Geez Doug, they're just asking questions! It's a twitter followers job to ask questions, you don't have to be such an arrogant dink about it, just because it's been asked 100 times before. If you weren't a successful reporter you'd never be able to get away with treating people like that. It's a legitimate question, right? IT'S VERY LEGITIMATE, MIKE!

He just doesn’t want to be a topping on everyone’s pizza. o_O

More people should be worried. Buffalo could easily have some backup scrub go for the acl. They'd have nothing to lose.

No. They shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes