PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wk16 practice/roster news: KVN moving better; Branch to miss few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to keep track of the PPoW awards this season (since Reiss apparently isn't doing it anymore).

On the lists I have (wk-5 v. TBY is missing for some reason), players have had 10 opportunities to receive the award ...

5x - Grissom, Damarius Travis
4x - David Jones, Cody Hollister
3x - McCarron, Bolden, Karras, Burkhead
..... Burkhead has had only 7 chances since he was out for 3 of the 10 covered weeks

2x - J. Hollister, Wiltz, Reilly, D-Lew, White, Gillislee, & Ryan Lewis
1x - Ebner, Adam Butler, Dwayne Allen, Marquis Flowers, Croston, Fleming, Ferentz, Hoyer, Reedy, Lee
..... plus Garoppolo, Blackson and Mike Purcell (none with the team now) with one award each
----------

Also, FWIW, David Jones' college return stats:

2013 - 9-KR/148 yds, 21.1 ypa
2014 - 2-KR/26 yds, 13.0 ypa ..... 2-PR/35 yds, 17.5 ypa
2015 - no kick returns ..... 4-PR/51 yds, 12.8 ypa
2016 - no kick returns ..... 5-PR/91 yds, 18.2 ypa (1 TD)

So, with David Jones, Cy Jones, Reedy & McCarron, the Pats should have at least four guys on the 2018 90-man roster potentially competing to replace Amendola/Edelman as punt returner (and D-Lew at KR, if necessary).
Not meaning to sound like a kiss ass, but this forum has been substantially improved since you joined in March, and I’m sure that I’m not the only person who feels that way. You bring a lot of good stuff here.

Not meaning to sound like a kiss ass, but this forum has been substantially improved since you joined in March, and I’m sure that I’m not the only person who feels that way. You bring a lot of good stuff here.

Wow! Thanks!

Those are quite some compliments, especially coming from you and @luuked !

Him and @NE-VT have my votes for the Rookie Poster of the Year award.
Yeah, @NE-VT has had some excellent video breakdowns, as have you and some others.

We’ve had a strong past couple of years here, in my opinion. Solid TC updates and the usual excellence from some of the well respected board veterans on everyday topics.

Good stuff.

Geez Doug, they're just asking questions! It's a twitter followers job to ask questions, you don't have to be such an arrogant dink about it, just because it's been asked 100 times before. If you weren't a successful reporter you'd never be able to get away with treating people like that. It's a legitimate question, right? IT'S VERY LEGITIMATE, MIKE!

I think van noy would be huge coming back. Our biggest problem defending the run IMO has been Roberts not maintaining his gap and running right past the running back.

Also hoping Hogan can get a couple games in to brush off the rust before the playoffs.

Although it is good to see Brady and multiple players off the injury report. get healthy at the right time. just need to survive the next 2

Also hoping Hogan can get a couple games in to brush off the rust before the playoffs.

Hogan played 90% of the snaps in the disaster in Miami coming off one week of limited practices and looked like crap (looked like he was in serious pain at several points, especially when trying to block). Then, after another week of LP, he was held out of the Steelers game.

I have no idea what he's looked like in practice this week, but if it comes down to a question of further rest and healing versus "knocking the rust off", I'd sit him this week and put him on a limited snap count versus the Jets next week.

Hogan played 90% of the snaps in the disaster in Miami coming off one week of limited practices and looked like crap (looked like he was in serious pain at several points, especially when trying to block). Then, after another week of LP, he was held out of the Steelers game.

I have no idea what he's looked like in practice this week, but if it comes down to a question of further rest and healing versus "knocking the rust off", I'd sit him this week and put him on a limited snap count versus the Jets next week.
I think the best plan (if course subject to how he feels and practices) would be to get him in there but on a more limited basis and take him out if he looks like he did in Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back