PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Dolphins trying to trade for Jay Cutler

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since RT wears #17 & JC wears #6, would this be regarded as a possible "Catch 23" for MIA???

0009.gif

The Bears should do whatever trade the Dolphins propose immediately and get Cutler and his bad joke of a contract off the books.

Question (not that this is, or would be, the trade, but this came to mind):

Would trading Tannehill for Cutler constitute a win for each team, or a loss for each team?

The question is, why? I don't see Cutler as a marked improvement over Tannehill. In fact with his injury history, Cutler is probably worse.
well you answered your own question there

remember, we're talking about the phins here

The Bears should do whatever trade the Dolphins propose immediately and get Cutler and his bad joke of a contract off the books.
I agree with you, they should just take whatever deal is there they need players at almost every position. They already lived through the worst of the contract though, they can get out of all but $2m of it by cutting him this offseason.

Would trading Tannehill for Cutler constitute a win for each team, or a loss for each team?

Win for both teams. Both teams would take the dead cap hits on their existing guy, but then would be free to cut bait on their new guy with no further cap repercussions. Unless they negotiate extensions as part of the trade.

And if they can get the new guy to perform, so much the better.

Win for both teams. Both teams would take the dead cap hits on their existing guy, but then would be free to cut bait on their new guy with no further cap repercussions. Unless they negotiate extensions as part of the trade.

From what I can tell Bears would only take a $3m hit by trading Cutler, Miami $9m+ for Tanny. That's significant difference. Cutler's salary is like $16m (guaranteed, too) so Chicago/Miami might have to renegotiate/extend that to fit him under the Dolphins cap. Which seems dumb to do, but hey it's Mike Tannenbaum.

But the Bears would have traded for Ryan Tannehill, and the Dolphins would have traded for Jay Cutler...

Is this like trading Sam Bradford for Nick Foles?

I guess the Dolphins are frustrated with their physically talented quarterback who constantly fails to live up to expectations despite the physical tools, struggles to beat good teams, points fingers at others in a constant attempt to save face, gets excuses made for him after every loss, is a polarizing force among teammates and fans, and has a smoking hot wife. So, they are going in another direction by bringing in Jay Cutler.
Sounds like a description of Cutler to me.

I expect it would collapse into a singularity, possibly taking the universe with it.

That website is not credible at all.

The question is, why? I don't see Cutler as a marked improvement over Tannehill. In fact with his injury history, Cutler is probably worse.

(Shhhhhhh, bud, don't talk about that and mess up this deal for us.)
Never, ever change, Dolphins. We Patriots love you so much.

Chicago would be crazy not to unload that albatross if they can actually get something for him.

Good, I hope they do. Tannehill is a problem, but Cutler is most definitely not the solution. Would basically be casting aside the ~20th best QB in the league in favor of the ~18th or so.

Please let this happen, Cutler is a jinks
And he stinks, the phins would suck just as much with cutler. He has a million dollar arm and a 10 cent brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes