PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Cutler Agrees to Contract with Miami Dolphins [1 year, $10 mil]

He's just as good as Tannehill, which means he's not a threat.

fark_x3QrFjuib3vJK5AeaWJLUIDW7sM.jpg

Ken , no one enjoys your posts and respects your opinion more than I do, but I respectfully disagree. This guy is a major ****head and poor teammate. I've never heard any teammate speak well of him. Exhibit #1: Marty Bennett.
And yet, Bennett still placed Cutler ahead of shEli Manning on his list of QBs for whom he has (or will) play. Yay Marty!

mystery solved..

A week ago (when Tannehill was healthy), Dolphins coach Adam Gase told me he was dreading having Jay Cutler call his games on TV. "He will CRUSH me," Gase said. "I promise you, he will CRUSH me on the broadcast. If he does one of our games, he's going to question every play call that I make. I can hear the 'I don't know if I would have called that' right now. He'll kill me. He knows all my little annoyances." Won't be a problem now!

And yet, Bennett still placed Cutler ahead of shEli Manning on his list of QBs for whom he has (or will) play. Yay Marty!

In Bennett's four seasons in Dallas (Romo, Kitna, Brad Johnson, Stephen McGee), he was targeted a grand total of 130 times (32 times per season).

In his one season with Eli, he was targeted 89 times.

In three seasons with Cutler, he averaged over 100 targets a season.

Seems to me that Bennett is simply expressing his preference for QBs who throw to him a lot (Pats' QBs targeted Bennett 73 times in 2016).

And this is why we don't have to beat the AFCE, they just keep beating themselves. I'm aware of the Gase-Cutler connection, but signing the Master of Bad Habits who is 0-3 against us is a big step back for them. He will work hard to learn all the plays, will get up at 6 a.m. in the morning to work out, but still will chuck the ball up into double coverage as soon as the play breaks down or his line crumbles, as he always has.

And there will be that one lone, wide open receiver down the field, screaming and jumping up and down like an organ monkey.

And after the game, Cutler will swear, as he always has: "I never saw him."

Wow Xmas has come early. This is the greatest thing ever. Buahahahaha.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back