PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Cutler Agrees to Contract with Miami Dolphins [1 year, $10 mil]

well..I admit I was going to offer Cutler a year of free cigarettes if he refused to sign but now I'm thinking of offering him FIVE years worth TO sign...

That's probably about 50K.

This has disaster all over it. Who cares about 2015 and Gase?

He was retired. As the saying goes and been referenced as to Big Ben, once you even consider retiring it hurts your game. Period.

This guy was retired and misssed all the preseason camps and is coming off injuries that drove him to retirement.

Rather than smugly tear down this move, we should better look at it more closely. Cutler is as "talented" as any QB in the league, but over the years has been the epitome of the adage, "million dollar arm- 10 cent head". To me that makes him a dangerous opponent because, on any given Sunday can look like the best QB in the league, and the next give a game away with bad throws.

The dangerous part is that he COULD have one of his good games against the Pats. He has thrived at times in the Gase offense. Plus by the time he plays the Pats late in the season, he will be fully ready to play at his best. AND he will have a solid receiving corps and could have one of the better running games in the league.

I thought Miami would be good this season. Their talent is as good as anyone's, and I think Gase is a HC who can bring a team together to win. Their 10 win season after a 1-4 start was a very impressive coaching achievement. Besides, I'm not sure replacing Tannyhill with Cutler is much of a drop off if any at all.

BTW- what's the talk about Culter being a locker room cancer. From what I read, most guys he played with liked him?

Read my post above. Good god I'd love to have whatever you are smoking, especially in regards to the bolded.

Yikes man.

Cutler was crappy when motivated. Maybe his motivation was his Achilles heel, and he will be lights out when possessing absolutely no interest in playing QB while collecting his $10 -$13 million paycheck.

I never really got past the fact he was hired in broadcasting. The guy has zero charisma, so how does that translate well to mass media? If Debbie Downer has a real world equivalent, then I believe Jay Cutler would be it.

Rather than smugly tear down this move, we should better look at it more closely. Cutler is as "talented" as any QB in the league, but over the years has been the epitome of the adage, "million dollar arm- 10 cent head". To me that makes him a dangerous opponent because, on any given Sunday can look like the best QB in the league, and the next give a game away with bad throws.

The dangerous part is that he COULD have one of his good games against the Pats. He has thrived at times in the Gase offense. Plus by the time he plays the Pats late in the season, he will be fully ready to play at his best. AND he will have a solid receiving corps and could have one of the better running games in the league.

I thought Miami would be good this season. Their talent is as good as anyone's, and I think Gase is a HC who can bring a team together to win. Their 10 win season after a 1-4 start was a very impressive coaching achievement. Besides, I'm not sure replacing Tannyhill with Cutler is much of a drop off if any at all.

BTW- what's the talk about Culter being a locker room cancer. From what I read, most guys he played with liked him?
Ken , no one enjoys your posts and respects your opinion more than I do, but I respectfully disagree. This guy is a major ****head and poor teammate. I've never heard any teammate speak well of him. Exhibit #1: Marty Bennett.

I will be picking up the Patriot Defence early in my fantasy football draft.

Miami was a pretty crappy team that got bailed out in a statistically improbable manner in many games (7 ? 8?) last year. They were no danger before the Tannehill injury and won't be a danger after they have signed Cutler.

Just before going to commercial, NFLN announcer says "MORE on Jay Cutler...". The fun part is that it was said very quickly so as to sound like "moron". I chuckled.

Just before going to commercial, NFLN announcer says "MORE on Jay Cutler...". The fun part is that it was said very quickly so as to sound like "moron". I chuckled.

Some people think this puts the Dolphins on par with the Pats.

Lol. I can smell the desperation though my iPad.

I'd just go w Moore. This won't end well.
That's throwing away a season, this is the right move but the money does seem high. Cutler could be better than Tannehill.

Some people think this puts the Dolphins on par with the Pats.

Lol. I can smell the desperation though my iPad.
And most people believe the Celtics are worse with Hayward, Baynes, Tatum and no Bradley and ancient Amir lol.

And most people believe the Celtics are worse with Hayward, Baynes, Tatum and no Bradley and ancient Amir lol.

Yup. I've said there is a massive deep seeded hatred for NE teams. Always been there, but it really kicked off with the Pats and the Sox. Now with TB showing no signs of slowing down it's pure panic.

Again. Throwing your hopes on a retired player coming back who was on the down slide the past few years anyway is pathetic. He is no better than Matt Moore.

That's throwing away a season, this is the right move but the money does seem high. Cutler could be better than Tannehill.

Jay Cutler has played in the NFL playoffs once, and has started just one more playoff game than Moore. Cutler's also had a winning record in just 3 seasons, out of 11.

Could that change for the better this year? Sure. Vegas would love you to bet the farm on that, though.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back