PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Cutler Agrees to Contract with Miami Dolphins [1 year, $10 mil]

Jay Cutler has played in the NFL playoffs once, and has started just one more playoff game than Moore. Cutler's also had a winning record in just 3 seasons, out of 11.

Could that change for the better this year? Sure. Vegas would love to bet the farm on that, though.
He's not exactly Dan Marino reincarnated, but he's certainly capable of a lot more than Moore. The swing for the fences move is to take Cutler. Cutler best season was with Adam Gase as OC.

Having said that, I don't expect much of them with or without Tannehill and Cutler probably doesn't bring them far either. It's hard to put two good seasons together. I don't expect Dallas to either.

Basic math and history easily explains it for the Miami situation.

• According to reports, Cutler's getting $10m to start in Miami.
  • According to reports, Kaepernick was looking for $9m just to be a backup in Seattle.
  • Cutler had one of his better seasons, under Gase, in 2015 (Better QB rating than anything from Kaepernick's post 2012 career) a/k/a the season before last.
  • Kaepernick proudly showed off a Fidel Castro shirt, which would infuriate more than 1/3 of the Miami fan base, at a minimum. That's on top of the percentage who'd be infuriated about the pig socks and the anthem antics.
Don't Cutler and Gase also hate each other?

Don't Cutler and Gase also hate each other?
Hmm never heard that. I've heard people generally like Cutler, I think Lombardi said that but they don't like his body language because it's a bad look for a QB.

lol

It says a lot when I can't tell if this comment was factual, or an attempt at humor:

For the record, Orton retired at the end of the 2014 season; the last time Tebow was with an NFL team was when he was unable to beat Matt Barkley for the job as 3rd string QB with Philly after the 2015 training camp. It has already been noted how incredibly unpopular Kaepernick would be in Miami.

Who was part of the initial group that did not make it to the final round? Vince Young, Josh Freeman, Johnny Manziel and Michael Bishop?

TV Cutler, fallen Kap, MiLB Tebow, ex Orton .. wow .. not a day to be Matt Moore.

He'll have to dig deep for some love for his HC going forward..

Last edited:
He's not exactly Dan Marino reincarnated, but he's certainly capable of a lot more than Moore. The swing for the fences move is to take Cutler. Cutler best season was with Adam Gase as OC.

Having said that, I don't expect much of them with or without Tannehill and Cutler probably doesn't bring them far either. It's hard to put two good seasons together. I don't expect Dallas to either.
I love this. cutler sucks. his attitude is ****. if it were up to me. I would have gone with Moore. cutler isn't even in shape. he's been getting ready for the broadcast booth all off season. the fact he cant make up his mind to play or not. says to me. he's not fully invested in playing football. advantage patriots.

No matter the question, the answer is never "Jay Cutler."
Final jeopardy category: NFL

'who sucks at quarterbacking and couldn't care less'

Alex,
"who is Jay Cutler"

For the win!

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the idiot Tanguay to issue his "JAY CUTLER WILL BE THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE EAST THIS SEASON" Hot Take.........

Congratulations to the Dolphins and their fans. Great move signing a seasoned veteran QB to hold down the fort until RT comes back.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back