PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Following teams should be selling the farm for Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
have we really seen an NFL make this decision or anything like it? Because while you seem to think teams will be all for it I just dont think they will have the kind of interest you expect, plus the fact that teams tend to value team control of a player

Coaches and GMs also like to keep their jobs.

The same Mike Lombardi who predicted that the Pats would get a boatload of picks for Cassel.

Cassel trade talk opens with high 1st-rounder

Lombardi was wrong about Cassel's value then so I have very little confidence in his ability to be now correct about Jimmy G's 2018 trade value.

He wasn't talking about Garrapolos value he was answering a question about what Belichick would be looking for in return for him. My view on it is to keep him through his contract if another team isn't willing to go high to get him but I have been wrong enough times to know that I have no idea what other teams will or won't do.

As far as being wrong goes Miguel it happens to everyone but if you know of someone who is infallible let us know, I'm still relying upon Sharks from Vegas.

Mike Giardi retweeted this and wrote, "Paging Josh McDaniels and Jimmy Garoppolo..."

Mike Giardi retweeted this and wrote, "Paging Josh McDaniels and Jimmy Garoppolo..."

Yes!! Also if Chicago gets a top 3 pick that's what we would demand out of them correct? Not something like 2017 2nd and 2018 1st

Yes!! Also if Chicago gets a top 3 pick that's what we would demand out of them correct? Not something like 2017 2nd and 2018 1st
I think the latter would be more realistic. As confident as I am in a strong Jimmy return, a top five pick seems unlikely. I think Bill would be thrilled to get a high #2 and a potentially high future #1.

I think the latter would be more realistic. As confident as I am in a strong Jimmy return, a top five pick seems unlikely. I think Bill would be thrilled to get a high #2 and a potentially high future #1.

But if this is a bad QB draft as I have read, you could have two teams with top 5 picks in Chicago and Cleveland, competing for Garoppolo's and McDaniel's services.

It's too bad that the NFL* outlawed trading picks for coaches; the Pats could get a huge package deal for them.

Another possibility is a swap of 1s + picks.

its pretty delusional to think that teams have seen enough to think Jimmy is better than Eli, Alex Smith or even Tyrod Taylor

Eli has been awful this year, A Smith is average and Taylor stinks, it's delusional to think he's not better than them

Eli has been awful this year, A Smith is average and Taylor stinks, it's delusional to think he's not better than them
dude Jimmy has played 6 quarters

Don't know if this point has been made, but if JG does fetch a high pick, it'd be on draft night while that team is on the clock. Otherwise, Goodell will blame the Pats for global warming or the ratings decline and take it away.

I am watching Bortles play tonight and feel that it would be gut wrenching to be a Jags fan right now. I feel like Bortles is a bad QB, but am unable to come to a conclusion because the enire team is so poorly trained. Bortles could easily be a newer version of Rothlisberger if he was on a well disciplined team. That said, I hear their owner is getting involved, which means they will hire a PROFESSIONAL coach like McDaniels who will then finagle Goroppolo out of New England.
Even Tim Tebow thinks Bortles' throwing motion is too long.

I wouldn't mind giving JG to the Cardinals for a 1st round pick.
I'd prefer it to give him to the Bears since they are gonna be in the top 5 draft pick next year.

Per Walter Football's mock draft, Deshone Kizer, Deshaun Watson, and Brad Kaaya are predicted to be top five picks. Who would you rather have, Garroppolo or one of those three? I'd have a lot more confidence in Garroppolo. It's not like he was a nobody coming out of college, he was a second round pick. You only have 5 quarters of film on him plus pre season games, but those three won't have any NFL experience to watch and first round picks bust all the time. I'd be shocked if we can't get a first rounder for him and probably more.
Yes, but all of those can be had with super cheap rookie contracts, where they control the rights for 5 years. Also, you can add in some other exceptional QBs. JT Barrett may come out early. What about the kid from Louisville? (I haven't been following his experience, so he could be a freshman for all I know.)

The bottom line is that there will be the usual young rookie options as well as some journeyman vets in free agency. What's going to happen to a guy like Sam Bradford once Bridgewater comes back? Hell, even Nick Foles threw 2 TDs today.

I can get on board with the idea that he can bring us a first rounder, but I think all of this talk of multiple high round picks is absurd. I would be shocked if that happens.

Super cheap? Goff earned $28m dollars on his rookie deal with another $18m in signing bonus on top of that.

Not to mention not every rookie quarterback will have a Carson Wentz type of debut.
Wentz numbers so far - 1,324 yards passing 8 TD pass 3 INTs QB rating of 92.7
Goff numbers so far - goose egg.

With Garappolo, he's already broken into the league and learned to be at the starter level. Depending on who you take, it might take a couple of years before they are ready to start for a team and actually be good enough to win football games for you instead of losing them.

So there's value both ways depending on how you look at it. A team that trades for Jimmy Garappolo is getting a guy ready to step in and start from Day 1. He's already had the training and breaking in period and he's still really young. If you're looking to turn around a franchise faster, JG is a better bet than an unknown rookie. Especially if you're not picking #1 overall.

Yes, but all of those can be had with super cheap rookie contracts, where they control the rights for 5 years. Also, you can add in some other exceptional QBs. JT Barrett may come out early. What about the kid from Louisville? (I haven't been following his experience, so he could be a freshman for all I know.)

The bottom line is that there will be the usual young rookie options as well as some journeyman vets in free agency. What's going to happen to a guy like Sam Bradford once Bridgewater comes back? Hell, even Nick Foles threw 2 TDs today.

Super cheap? Goff earned $28m dollars on his rookie deal with another $18m in signing bonus on top of that.

Not to mention not every rookie quarterback will have a Carson Wentz type of debut.
Wentz numbers so far - 1,324 yards passing 8 TD pass 3 INTs QB rating of 92.7
Goff numbers so far - goose egg.

With Garappolo, he's already broken into the league and learned to be at the starter level. Depending on who you take, it might take a couple of years before they are ready to start for a team and actually be good enough to win football games for you instead of losing them.

So there's value both ways depending on how you look at it. A team that trades for Jimmy Garappolo is getting a guy ready to step in and start from Day 1. He's already had the training and breaking in period and he's still really young. If you're looking to turn around a franchise faster, JG is a better bet than an unknown rookie. Especially if you're not picking #1 overall.

Just to clarify, Goff's deal is for $28M including signing bonus, not on top of that. That averages less than $7M a season, which ranked 27th in QB contracts at the start of the season just behind Chase Daniel. In a way, the signing bonus is irrelevant since the entire $28M is guaranteed.

and 3 preseasons and looked amazing.
wasnt everyone complaing about how terrible his preseason was terrible? Also who the **** cares about preseason, its not real

wasnt everyone complaing about how terrible his preseason was terrible? Also who the **** cares about preseason, its not real

who was complaining? No one is saying that he's TB, but he can play in this league and be a very good player

Who wants to trade a franchise QB so bad and why.
If Brady gets a injury or retire then we are scrambling for a Jimmy G hoping we find a franchise QB no thank you.

Carson Wentz and Derek Carr's dont fall from trees.

who was complaining? No one is saying that he's TB, but he can play in this league and be a very good player
here

Im not saying he is trash, im saying that teams arent going to be clamoring to give up a top five pick to get him after seeing just 6 quarters. If he had played all four games at the level he was they still might not be

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes