PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats @ Texans, all-22 rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

worf-startrek-facepalm.gif

does anyone actually have "all 22" film? so hard to see what is going on on each plan with TV version.. I honestly don't have the time to watch the whole game in slow motion play-by-play but I'd be very interested to hear other's analysis that have watched the actual film

That's what we're doing in this thread. Trying to put together as much of the all-22 that we can scrounge for.

does anyone actually have "all 22" film? so hard to see what is going on on each plan with TV version.. I honestly don't have the time to watch the whole game in slow motion play-by-play but I'd be very interested to hear other's analysis that have watched the actual film

Not out yet.

Since people seem to be deliberately missing the point about context, let me point to a Phil Perry tweet regarding the 4th down play.

Rewatched the fourth-down try for our Turning Point piece. O’Brien knows the sneak works. Took it away. Had six players within about a 5x1-yard box at the line, including LBs in the A-gaps. Could try it anyway, I guess, but they don’t usually call that against that kind of look.

Now, that's not on a passing play, so I realize that the Brady bashers will ignore the point. But this is a play where half the board was crying because the team went with a pass call that actually worked to get the player open. And, when it comes to analyzing Brady's play, that's the kind of thing we've been getting out of deleted. for years.

Last edited:
Since people seem to be deliberately missing the point about context, let me point to a Phil Perry tweet regarding the 4th down play.

Now, that's not on a passing play, so I realize that the Brady bashers will ignore the point. But this is a play where half the board was crying because the team went with a pass call that actually worked to get the player open. And that's the kind of thing we've been getting out of deleted for years.

I counted 4, not 6, at the time but the point still holds. QB sneak was a tough play. If it was there he would have taken it.

No it doesn't come out until tomorrow but we wouldn't have all this great insight if we waited a day.

I counted 4, not 6, at the time but the point still holds. QB sneak was a tough play. If it was there he would have taken it.

I agree. As I said in other threads there was nothing wrong with the play they went with. The sneak was clearly not there with BoB and Romeo being more than aware of it and they clearly didn't like to run into that front.

The play was drawn up well and would have worked perfectly without the blown call on illegal contact. But in the end those are the risks you take with a pass on fourth down. There are more moving pieces and more things that can go wrong than with a simple run.

Last edited:
On the plus side..

At least the OL is not a total battlezone anymore. Yeah they don't win on every play but things have clearly settled down with Wynn.

On the plus side..

At least the OL is not a total battlezone anymore. Yeah they don't win on every play but things have clearly settled down with Wynn.

Sounds like a perfect time to establish a power running game again with the best defensive opponent you could ask for to get it going

Sounds like a perfect time to establish a power running game again with the best defensive opponent you could ask for to get it going

Curious how the center situation will shake out until Sunday.

Low key I think Eluemunor might be one of the bigger disappointments for me this season. When Andrews went down I honestly thought there was a chance that we could put Mason at center and have him slide in as guard.

Curious how the center situation will shake out until Sunday.

Low key I think Eluemunor might be one of the bigger disappointments for me this season. When Andrews went down I honestly thought there was a chance that we could put Mason at center and have him slide in as guard.
Ferentz didn’t look like he was completely manhandled at any point.

Power Running game first the we don't have the personnel and Second our Starting RB haven't had a 100yds Rushing all season. We still have some sisters of the poor left on our Schedule the Bungles and Miami.

Power Running game first the we don't have the personnel and Second our Starting RB haven't had a 100yds Rushing all season. We still have some sisters of the poor left on our Schedule the Bungles and Miami.
The OL is a good run blocking unit if they’re all healthy. The second part of that sentence is what the important part is. They need to make it happen or else it’s very possible that KC will blow their doors off. So there’s pretty much no other choice.

Ferentz didn’t look like he was completely manhandled at any point.

Yeah but also didn't have to do anything athletic in terms of run blocking. That being said apparently that what people considered a knock on Karras anyway so maybe the downgrade is really not that big.

The OL is a good run blocking unit if they’re all healthy. The second part of that sentence is what the important part is. They need to make it happen or else it’s very possible that KC will blow their doors off. So there’s pretty much no other choice.

I agree I'm all for some White/Burkhead threat of the pass sprinkle in some run. Don't like when Sony is in there he doesn't break many off and is clueless in the passing game. We gotta make our downs count this Third and Punt Offense is ridiculous.

Perfect pass, Sanu should have caught the ball. Don’t know how anyone can blame Brady for that. If anything blame BB for not calling for dpi review.

The contact happened while Brady still had the ball in his hand so this is not DPI but illegal contact. Not sure that is even reviewable.

But even if it were they clearly didn't want to give up any unnecessary timeouts as that penalty on the 2pt attempt showed. And given the historic rate of PI reversals it wasn't likely to be changed.

Perfect pass, Sanu should have caught the ball. Don’t know how anyone can blame Brady for that. If anything blame BB for not calling for dpi review.

Ball hit Sanu right in the hands guess he had hand cramps. Thought he would be a volume catcher here it remains to be seen.

No hot takes in this thread, please.

A22 is up am going through it and if questions come up will just put them here..

Who is responsible here to pick up Reid or at least slow him down while he is shooting the gap ?

Is it on Michel to find a gap faster so this doesn't become a factor ?

Who posts this all 22 footage? Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back