PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore out with concussion....from what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Although Gilmore participated fully, he has been experiencing headaches since the team's Oct. 5 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a source tells ESPN's Josina Anderson. Gilmore banged heads with wide receiver Mike Evans on a play, a source tells Anderson./QUOTE] ~ Mike Reiss

This could be the signing that crushes the pats. Ruinous. He'll be out for quite a while i bet.

Right but the guy was off on his throws all game. That has nothing to do with a D....
They held him to 14 points. Your lame excuse making means nothing.

Seriously. This team is the most frustrating since the 2009 squad. :mad:
I agree that it was a frustrating season, but many don't remember that both the offense (6) and defense (5) were both top six in points scored/allowed.

As a matter of fact:

Offense--6th in points, 3rd in yards
Defense--5th in points, 11th in yards

I think this is a good example of how stats don't always tell the whole story, but I always wonder what may have happened had Welker not gone down in that meaningless week 17 game.

Expect to see a lot of McCourty playing near the LOS in man-coverage with Harmon over the top in a traditional safety role. Not that this is particularly new but it'll be a point of emphasis until Gilmore is healthy.
Before or after mccourty takes a knee?

I agree that it was a frustrating season, but many don't remember that both the offense (6) and defense (5) were both top six in points scored/allowed.

As a matter of fact:

Offense--6th in points, 3rd in yards
Defense--5th in points, 11th in yards

I think this is a good example of how stats don't always tell the whole story, but I always wonder what may have happened had Welker not gone down in that meaningless week 17 game.
But the narrative that adalius Thomas was a bad signing and a locker room cancer is SO much easier....

But the narrative that adalius Thomas was a bad signing and a locker room cancer is SO much easier....
Agreed, although actually, this was the year that Thomas was not earning his money. He didn't care for the move to strong side LB where he couldn't make as many plays and seem to be in Belichick's doghouse. This was the year where he showed up late due to the snow in Dec. 2009, and it ended up being his last year here.

You're right though, that he was a beast in 2007, and was on pace to have one of his best years statistically halfway through 2008, prior to breaking his arm. A lot of people don't remember those things about him. Ultimately, he was a failed free agent signing, but it certainly didn't start out the disaster that many remember it to be.

The Chung splits especially are pretty interesting. I didnt realize how much time he spent in the slot.

Is covering a TE considered being a slot CB?

This seems hinkey

They absolutely positively need to beat the Jets tomorrow and Chargers after Atlanta. They aren't beating Atlanta. We all know that. Thus, they better dam be able to beat Chargers & Jets to be 5-3 before Denver & Raiders.
Vice President of Gloom & Doom

Butler, Jones, McCourty, Chung, Harmon
Who plays outside opposite Butler?

I suspect that Bademosi and Richards (and perhaps even Ebner) will get reps. After all, it's not like we'll get a lot of help in coverage from our linebackers.

What good is a Practice Squad if there is no one worth bringing up, even with two injuries?

Butler, Jones, McCourty, Chung, Harmon
Who plays outside opposite Butler?

I suspect that Bademosi and Richards (and perhaps even Ebner) will get reps. After all, it's not like we'll get a lot of help in coverage from our linebackers.
Butler and Jones on the perimeter. Chung and McCourty won't go outside unless Butler or Jones goes down. Bademosi is a CB much like Slater is a WR. Just my take.

Last edited:
Should we just go ahead and tell the,m not to bother showing up against Atlanta? Sheesh[/QUOTE
If you want to go this route then Brady was off on his throws too and if he connected on all of them we'd have scored 50.

Offense isn't going to be an issue with this team ( O-line aside). The D gave up 200 passing yards in one quarter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes