PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore out with concussion....from what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, man, I don’t think anyone has seen him since, but I could be wrong. Usually, we get some tweet or report from a beat writer stating that they saw them in the locker room or something. I don’t believe that’s been the case. Again, I may have missed something, so apologies if so, but I was under the impression that he’s remained in the protocol and hasn’t stepped on the field or even been seen in the locker room.

I thought I read blurry vision and headaches experienced the Sat before the NY trip, 9 days later.

Here's what I could find, written this past Friday (FWIW, there seems to be very little on Gilmore other than he has a concussion):
Reiss: "When Stephon Gilmore was ruled out for last Sunday's victory over the Jets, ESPN's Josina Anderson reported that Gilmore had banged heads with Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans in Week 5 and had been experiencing headaches since that time. Gilmore had been a full participant in practice in the four workouts leading up to the Jets game, according to the Patriots, but based on the timeline, it seems the effects intensified late that week. That might be when he reported feeling concussion-type symptoms. Gilmore was in the locker room Friday, which was an indication he is working through what can often be lingering effects of these types of injuries."

No, man, I don’t think anyone has seen him since, but I could be wrong. Usually, we get some tweet or report from a beat writer stating that they saw them in the locker room or something. I don’t believe that’s been the case. Again, I may have missed something, so apologies if so, but I was under the impression that he’s remained in the protocol and hasn’t stepped on the field or even been seen in the locker room.

I thought I read blurry vision and headaches experienced the Sat before the NY trip, 9 days later.

Reiss wrote that Gilmore was in the locker room on friday

Gilmore was in the locker room Friday, which was an indication he is working through what can often be lingering effects of these types of injuries.

Recapping timeline of Stephon Gilmore being sidelined with concussion

This is turning into a full scale congressional investigation, does anyone really believe that he does not have a concussion?? Does anyone really believe that BB would deliberately hurt his team?? If so what is the reason for it??.. he had a fairly good game against the Bucs...

Take it at face value, in this day and age of CTE, if the Pats say that a player has a concussion take it at face value..

This is turning into a full scale congressional investigation, does anyone really believe that he does not have a concussion?? Does anyone really believe that BB would deliberately hurt his team?? If so what is the reason for it??.. he had a fairly good game against the Bucs...

Take it at face value, in this day and age of CTE, if the Pats say that a player has a concussion take it at face value..

And once you are listed as having a concussion, you enter the official concussion protocol, which is handled by independent medical staff. If he really did not have a concussion, they would have cleared him the minute after he was listed.

Here's what I could find, written this past Friday (FWIW, there seems to be very little on Gilmore other than he has a concussion):
Reiss: "When Stephon Gilmore was ruled out for last Sunday's victory over the Jets, ESPN's Josina Anderson reported that Gilmore had banged heads with Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans in Week 5 and had been experiencing headaches since that time. Gilmore had been a full participant in practice in the four workouts leading up to the Jets game, according to the Patriots, but based on the timeline, it seems the effects intensified late that week. That might be when he reported feeling concussion-type symptoms. Gilmore was in the locker room Friday, which was an indication he is working through what can often be lingering effects of these types of injuries."
A Friday locker room sighting is good news, indeed! Glad to hear it.

And once you are listed as having a concussion, you enter the official concussion protocol, which is handled by independent medical staff. If he really did not have a concussion, they would have cleared him the minute after he was listed.

Which negates the theory expounded by Felger, Bertrem et al that this is some sort of conspiracy by BB and crew.. but this is way too much thought and homework for the local mediots..

After his best game as a Patriot, why would BB and staff want to keep him off of the field?? To give Bedemosi a chance?? Makes zero f..ing sense to me..

Pretty sure if Bill "faked" gilmores concussion to bench him he would be in trouble. Not to mention Gilmore had his best game of the season against the bucs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back