PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats secondary vs Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
The Saints have a ton of speed at the WR position. Thomas was a slot receiver who kind of like Edelman can play the x, y and z (but is probably the most dangerous in the slot). Lewis and Ginn Jr are burners. It will be interesting to see if we have Butler following Thomas around or if Butler and Gilmore stay on their sides - McCourty will be key to stopping their deep passing game as we would like butler, Gilmore and Rowe to play physical.

It's going to be a fun game and I love watching Brees

The Saints have a ton of speed at the WR position. Thomas was a slot receiver who kind of like Edelman can play the x, y and z (but is probably the most dangerous in the slot). Lewis and Ginn Jr are burners. It will be interesting to see if we have Butler following Thomas around or if Butler and Gilmore stay on their sides - McCourty will be key to stopping their deep passing game as we would like butler, Gilmore and Rowe to play physical.

It's going to be a fun game and I love watching Brees
Huh? Thomas is a big strong outside receiver 6'3 212, not a slot receiver at all.
Lewis is mostly a special teamer.

Lets not forget that their second best WR Willie Snead won't be playing.

The secondary is the strength of our defense.

I will be surprised if this secondary looks bad two games in a row. I expect them to come out with a chip on their shoulders.

Against New England (since 2007 his rookie year):

Games Played: 8
Catches: 24
Yards: 267
Touchdowns: 1

Average Game vs. New England: 3 rec, 33 yds, 0 TD

Forgive me if I'm not terrified of Ted Ginn.

Exactly. Not the most reliable receiver either. He drops a lot of balls.

If you want to worry, worry about NO deciding to give the ball to AP 20 times or more.

I will be surprised if this secondary looks bad two games in a row. I expect them to come out with a chip on their shoulders.
Especially since most of their bad plays last week were from miscommunication, and not a lack of skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes