PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler/Bademosi CB Tandem Now 3-0, 13ppg Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The Gilmore no-awareness defense set a record giving up over 300yards passing for 5 straight games and 25ppg, in the first 5 games. The Butler/Bademosi CB tandem, without Gilmore, has now gone 3-0 and given up 13ppg.

Butler may be too small to cover big receivers but who cares. The entire defense plays much better with this current secondary, without Gilmore.

Tampa Bay doesn't have a good offense. Meanwhile the Butler/Bademosi tandem completely shut down the Falcons' prolific offense. But I guess that doesn't fit the narrative.

Gilmore shut down one of the best receivers in the league in Mike Evans but whatever that doesn't fit the narrative I guess

The Gilmore no-awareness defense set a record giving up over 300yards passing for 5 straight games and 25ppg, in the first 5 games. The Butler/Bademosi CB tandem, without Gilmore, has now gone 3-0 and given up 13ppg.

Butler may be too small to cover big receivers but who cares. The entire defense plays much better with this current secondary, without Gilmore.

Gilmore will be back for the Denver game.

Tampa Bay doesn't have a good offense. Meanwhile the Butler/Bademosi tandem completely shut down the Falcons' prolific offense. But I guess that doesn't fit the narrative.

Bademosi has been a revelation these last few weeks and the secondary has improved since Carolina. That being said a lot of Atlanta’s issues last week were self inflicted. That offense is nowhere near the unit they were last season.

Tampa Bay had the number 2 ranked offense going into this week.

You're a terrible poster.

Butler and Bademosi didn't look that good today. Butler got torched for a TD. I mean seriously Butler shouldn't be giving that up.

Bademosi was a bit lucky the WR ran out of bounds or that's a TD as well. Now I guess you could argue his coverage is why the WR stepped out which is fair but another WR maybe doesn't run out of bounds. There were also a couple of other receptions where it seemed like that was his guy that were just wide open. I do think he got screwed on the PI on Allen on the drive Butler gave up the TD.

Also not sure who it was but I think one of them was covering Benjamin on the called back TD but they definitely got saved there because i'm not sure the OPI played a part in why he caught it and i'm not sure they chase him down.

I do however think with Bademosi and J. Jones seeing the playing time they have these last few weeks that Pats could be better off for it down the road with Gilmore and Rowe back. Bademosi has been out there playing #1 and #2 WRs. Now reshuffle the deck with Gilmore and Rowe back and a team goes 4 Wide or maybe it allows them to put Rowe on a TE

Last edited:
Think that one was on McCourty. We'll have to wait for the rewatch thread to verify, but I'm pretty sure it was on McCourty.

Oh, is that the one where Butler looked back at McCourty...kind of like how Gilmore looked back at one of his safeties when he was on the Bills?

I thought that didn't happen on the Pats...

Oh, is that the one where Butler looked back at McCourty...kind of like how Gilmore looked back at one of his safeties when he was on the Bills?

I thought that didn't happen on the Pats...
I bet your a listener of the Felcher and squeaky show.

Think that one was on McCourty. We'll have to wait for the rewatch thread to verify, but I'm pretty sure it was on McCourty.
Nah, it was a lazy jam by Butler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes