PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - The "injury" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about it, I believe the toughest think about James White's 2 point conversion in the Superbowl was him catching the damned snap. :eek: That was NOT an easy catch

Agreed. Everyone compares that to the Faulk play in SB38, but the White play was harder (and more deceptive).

In SB38 Faulk was lined up alongside Brady and the ball was snapped right to Faulk. He did not have to move laterally or extend to get it.

In SB51 White was also lined up alongside Brady, but the ball was snapped right at Brady. White had to break on the ball at the snap and extend his arms to snag the ball.

So it was harder and riskier, but also (presumably) more convincing since the snap was straight back to where Brady was standing and not to the side to the RB.

Before we declare Bingo, did he mention, as an example of Gase's poor coaching, the fact that the Lolphins are one of the very dirtiest, most undisciplined teams in the entire league?

If he didn't then that's no Bingo, at all.

Did you read the article?? That is what it was about... it was damning to the Dolphins and coaching staff.

For a season or two. Maybe.

I have a feeling that ownership/FO people with the Jets and Bills make a habit of overruling the HC on roster decisions and even on who to start. I get the same feeling about Miami. If I was Rex, I'd be really tired of dealing with that.

For about 4 or 5 million a year, you can get "untired" real quick... not to mention being back in the spotlight again, with all of his wit and wonder...

At this rate it's going to be the Patriots practice squad versus the Steelers in the playoffs. This season is reminding me of 2015 unfortunately.

The Pats' PS, plus a bit of the Bills' PS and a bit of the Ravens' PS.

Should just add to the Steelers' embarrassment when they lose.

For about 4 or 5 million a year, you can get "untired" real quick... not to mention being back in the spotlight again, with all of his wit and wonder...

Well, $4M-$5M probably does buy a lot of sandals and open-toed shoes.

Did you read the article?? That is what it was about... it was damning to the Dolphins and coaching staff.
No, because I didn't want to give the source the satisfaction of a another click.
Maybe I will now.

Edit: just finished reading the link, plus another one regarding Miami's team-building approach. Nowhere in either article is mentioned the defense's lack of discipline or its affinity for borderline dirty play (which usually goes hand-in-hand with overall lack of discipline).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey