PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler/Bademosi CB Tandem Now 3-0, 13ppg Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilmore seemed to look fine against tampa bay...that is really when the defensive improvement started.

gilmore was a huge part of the problem, but he wasnt the only one. Butler has upped his play, branch has as well.

What if Gilmore's true calling is as the nickel-back covering the slot receiver.

Both Gilmore and Bademosi have size which means flexibility not just against big outside receivers, but move TEs as well. For the 80 millionth time, this is a team that uses it's parts to eliminate what the other team does best on offense.

Do you really want to go down this hypothetical road?? My point was simple give Gilmore a chance and see how it works out, all I have heard is what a failure he is.. personally not convinced at this juncture.

Thought that Bademosi seemed out of position during the Chargers game and was he exposed??

FWIW thought that the Pats should have signed Ryan and Butler last year, never considered Bademosi..

Your 1st Paragraph: How many times do I have to repeat that I am rooting for Gilmore to up his game, learn the Patriots system and become the CB that they sacrificed up all that cap space for this summer? It's been at least 3 times in this thread alone.

Your 2nd Paragraph: I noted 3 times in this thread also that Bademosi was exposed by Rivers in that 2nd half of not handling back shoulder and comeback routes. If he is to grow into a real CB, he'll have to learn those.

Your 3rd paragraph: You hit the nail on the head. What could be a Yogi-ism: If it ain't broke, don't break it.

Credit to ivancamp for this info:
-----
"
First four weeks
- KC: 42 vs NE, 27.5 vs others (+14.5 against NE)
- NO: 20 vs NE, 30.2 vs others (-10.2 against NE)
- Hou: 33 vs NE, 28.8 vs others (+4.2 against NE)
- Car: 33 vs NE, 16.3 vs others (+16.7 against NE)
- AVG: 32.0 vs NE, 25.7 vs others (+6.3 against NE)

Last four weeks
- TB: 14 vs NE, 26.2 vs others (-12.2 against NE)
- NYJ: 17 vs NE, 20.0 vs others (-3.0 against NE)
- Atl: 7 vs NE, 24.2 vs others (-17.2 against NE)
- LAC: 13 vs NE, 19.7 vs others (-6.7 against NE)
- AVG: 12.8 vs NE, 22.5 vs others (-9.7 against NE)

Through four weeks, the Pats were 32nd in the NFL in points allowed. They are now 18th. Massive move up. Wouldn't be shocked if they finish top 10 when all is said and done."

Through four weeks, the Pats were 32nd in the NFL in points allowed. They are now 18th. Massive move up. Wouldn't be shocked if they finish top 10 when all is said and done."

People can doubt a lot of things in this world, but they should never doubt the fact that bb knows defenses inside and out!!!!

Your 1st Paragraph: How many times do I have to repeat that I am rooting for Gilmore to up his game, learn the Patriots system and become the CB that they sacrificed up all that cap space for this summer? It's been at least 3 times in this thread alone.

Your 2nd Paragraph: I noted 3 times in this thread also that Bademosi was exposed by Rivers in that 2nd half of not handling back shoulder and comeback routes. If he is to grow into a real CB, he'll have to learn those.

Your 3rd paragraph: You hit the nail on the head. What could be a Yogi-ism: If it ain't broke, don't break it.

One of my deficits is that I do not read every post in these neverending posts, apologies for my response.. we agree more than we disagree.

One of my deficits is that I do not read every post in these neverending posts, apologies for my response.. we agree more than we disagree.

No prob, Darryl.

And if you disagree, it's no problem either!

People can doubt a lot of things in this world, but they should never doubt the fact that bb knows defenses inside and out!!!!

For clarification that statement is a credit to ivancamp

Regardless of the outside tandem I think we’ve found our slot starter.

Regardless of the outside tandem I think we’ve found our slot starter.

Jones hasn’t been the full time slot guy even with Gilmore and Rowe out. It has been Butler, Bademosi, and Chung at cornerback on a bunch of plays.

Jones hasn’t been the full time slot guy even with Gilmore and Rowe out. It has been Butler, Bademosi, and Chung at cornerback on a bunch of plays.

He's still played 101 snaps on defense over the last 5 weeks which any CB who is posting a 26.3 passing rating against in 100 snaps is someone who has played solid on defense

DNgmUFfW4AAJ9dN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST