PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - the "oops" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say I am very surprised why people see this as a bad game for the offense or a bad overall game.

The offense put 27 point in the first three Quarters on a very good defense, while still finding its stride after the losss of edelman. They obviously didnt finish on a strong note when it was needed, but given where the offense has been in the first few games in 2014/15 I would say we came out quite ok. Of course there are areas for improvement but no more than every year.

Also Overall I find this game no reason to panic. In the beginning of the fourth Quarter The game was a draw with us holding the ball. a Position I find quite OK for one of the hardest opponents we will face all season. Of course it went all downhill from here, I would now discredit 50 minutes of work because of what happened in the last 10.

What I am quite disappointed is the Defense on almost all fronts. KC Had a very good running games even without the breakout runs and still managed to find open guys all over the field in the passing game. And it wasnt evene a single area they where exploiting like we did with there weak corner, They hit short medium and long throws all evening long.
While the track record and the overall talent suggests, that we will be able to fix this in upcoming games, the sheer size of the problem makes me worried a bit. Lets just hope is was just a bad gameplan, due to missing game film, and will sort itself out like in previous years.

Overall I would also say, that loosing the game was a boon, as it ended all talk of us going 19-0 and being way ahead of everybody else. And it provides the coaches with quite a lot of highlights to shake up the team in the next weeks.

All this wizthout significantly diminishing our chances in the playoff hunt. Although it might cost us on Tiebreakers, should KC continue to impress like Thursday.

We had 6 months to enjoy perhaps the greatest win in Patriots history. I think we, as fans should be able to take 10 days of crap and hope BB turns it around, because if he doesn't, we all know how 2009 went.
People at work were asking me if I was ok, even the people who normally rib me. I was told I was taking it well. We do get these clunker/head-scratcher games where the whole team seems to be out of sync and the adjustments are either ineffective or not made (hard for me to tell). We have extra time and typically bounce back very well.

The season doesn't really start until thanksgiving. Was happy to not hear anything about "blueprints" for defeating the Pats. But, that might have more to do with reading less news this week.

I just hope your next post isn't a Britney Spears theme (Oops, I did it again).

Harris lost snaps in favor of playing Richards at backer. You can make your guesses as to why, but against a team with the skill position speed like the Chiefs, it's fairly obvious as to what the Patriots were willing to give them vs. what they intended to stop. The experiment failed, however, and what we saw was the dam bust wide open in the 4th.

I was watching the sidelines for most of the game after HT went down. No passion. No urgency. No fire. The only coach who seemed to be working hard was Dante. Aside from the poor play calling and missed assignments this team needs a kick in the ***. Hopefully this is a wake up call. The celebration is over. Its a new season with a tough schedule. If this team doesn't play with more urgency they will finish 10-6 and be playing on the road in the playoffs.

Harris lost snaps in favor of playing Richards at backer. You can make your guesses as to why, but against a team with the skill position speed like the Chiefs, it's fairly obvious as to what the Patriots were willing to give them vs. what they intended to stop. The experiment failed, however, and what we saw was the dam bust wide open in the 4th.

I'm not sure that Harris should be on the field when we are playing dime or even nickel. That Richards was the right choice is another matter entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back