PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady for MVP this year or is there someone more deserving?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who should win MVP?

• Tom Brady

• Carson Wentz

• Leveon Bell

• Alex Smith

• Other - Give details of your write in vote and why

• Russell Wilson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trust me.....i know

a lot of you brady guys around

deus, ivan, what happened to PATS16N0?...even AJ....etc

as long as y'all are honest about it
I don’t know if I would necessarily consider Deus or Ivan to be “Brady guys” or homers anymore than most of us. They are both high quality posters who aren’t afraid to point out flaws, should it come to that.

Choosing to back up a stance by providing recent examples and proper context as well as comparisons from past years should not mean that their opinions should be dismissed because they’re pro-Brady in this instance.

I don’t know if I would necessarily consider Deus or Ivan to be “Brady guys” or homers anymore than most of us. They are both high quality posters who aren’t afraid to point out flaws, should it come to that.

Choosing to back up a stance by providing recent examples and proper context as well as comparisons from past years should not mean that their opinions should be dismissed because they’re pro-Brady in this instance.
fair enough......but i do feel some posters are disingenuous about their loyalty

it irks me and turns me into more of a troll than i really am.....im too weak to overcome the urge

i have always been honest about being a BB fan more than anything

although i completely respect bradys excellence over the years.....he has earned the "GOAT" title

fair enough......but i do feel some posters are disingenuous about their loyalty

it irks me and turns me into more of a troll than i really am.....im too weak to overcome the urge

i have always been honest about being a BB fan more than anything

although i completely respect bradys excellence over the years.....he has earned the "GOAT" title
I think skepticism is warranted for some of the subjects that we may discuss from time to time (for example, I believed in the unpopular opinion that the MVP race was much closer prior to the Wentz injury), but as a whole I try to remember why we’re here on the forum, and that’s because we’re all Patriot fans.

There are definite examples of homers who plug their ears and cover their eyes to any criticism, just the same as there are chicken littles who whine about every tiny thing. I think most of us shoot for something reasonable in the middle that can also showcase our pro-Pats bias for the team at the same time. In this instance, I think it’s fair to bring up some questions about Brady’s recent play on some level, but some of the posters whom you mentioned have done a good job in walking some of us back in off the ledge by providing examples of previous years, potential reasons why things may be overstated, etc.

Wentz isn’t going to get it since he is hurt now, but he was a very serious candidate and may have earned it as of a few weeks ago.

No he won't get it. I am just saying IMO if he was still playing he would get it in my eyes.

Trying to think who else in the NFL would get it besides Brady now.

The Rams aren't where they are because of Goff...but he won't get it.

No he won't get it. I am just saying IMO if he was still playing he would get it in my eyes.

Trying to think who else in the NFL would get it besides Brady now.

The Rams aren't where they are because of Goff...but he won't get it.

Aaron Donald was the best player in the NFL this year, but a defensive player isn't going to win when there's any possible quarterback it can be given to. He should be DPOY easily.

People talk about Todd Gurly for MVP.... but the Rams are sitting him in week 17. I wonder what that does to his chances. Brady needs an absolute monster performance on Sunday against the Jets to finish strong on the candidancy list.

I think Brady locked it up but it's in God's hands now (and Peter King's).

And he is now the oldest QB to lead the league in passing yards.

Brady likely secured it with the decent game against the Jets. If Gurley had played and put up another big game I think it could have gone his way. If Wentz had stayed healthy and remained consistent he was on his way to the MVP. He had 33tds to only 7 ints and had his team in 1st place.

At the end of the day I think Brady is the right call for MVP. Wentz is a great story but he got injured. Gurley has been awesome but Brady means more to his team. Let’s hope it’s a League MVP and a SB MVP this year.

While I know playoff performance isn't factored into the MVP (which gets announced right before the Super Bowl), if Brady puts forth 2 strong performances in the divisional round & AFCCG to reach an 8th SB, people will have likely forgotten about the "not-so-Brady-esque" stretch he finished the season with.

When are the votes cast?

Got a feeling voters are going left wing this year. They are dying to crown one of the young up and coming stars in this league imo.

Gurley 1,305 rushing yards. Not even close to 2k. Not even close to AP.

Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL this year by far. He's the MVP.

I'm sorry this ain't even close. I hear a lot of hate spouted against Brady on the NFL network but those guys are paid to produce ratings not realistic football talk.

If Gurley wins the MVP after being sat out week 17 and barely getting over 1,300 rushing yards it would be the dumbest MVP trophy robbery in decades. Hell his yards per carry is only 4.7

Adrian Peterson MVP season -- 2,097 rushing yards and 6.0 ypc. Come on guys, really? Really? You're gonna vote a RB MVP who isn't even close to 2k yards and a sub 5.0 ypc as the MVP over the best QB in the NFL this year? Haters gonna hate. But that's ridiculous.

Tom Brady 2017
Passing yards 4,577 1st
Passing TDs 32 3rd
Total Completions 385 2nd
QBR 102.8 3rd

EPIC season by Brady at Age 40. The best ever by a QB of his age. Stop the hate! Give up the props and recognize. GOAT wins MPV #3!!!

Got a feeling voters are going left wing this year. They are dying to crown one of the young up and coming stars in this league imo.
You may very well have been correct had Wentz not gone down...and Antonio Brown...and Gurley sat for the last game (although I don’t think that last one would’ve mattered much more than simply taking some votes from TB and giving them to Gurley).

In this instance, there’s no one left, man. It’s definitely Tom Brady’s for 2017. They don’t have a choice. Hunt will likely get OROY for his rushing job, but he wasn’t really in the conversation post-week 6 or so.

Gurley 1,305 rushing yards. Not even close to 2k. Not even close to AP.

Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL this year by far. He's the MVP.

I'm sorry this ain't even close. I hear a lot of hate spouted against Brady on the NFL network but those guys are paid to produce ratings not realistic football talk.

If Gurley wins the MVP after being sat out week 17 and barely getting over 1,300 rushing yards it would be the dumbest MVP trophy robbery in decades. Hell his yards per carry is only 4.7

Adrian Peterson MVP season -- 2,097 rushing yards and 6.0 ypc. Come on guys, really? Really? You're gonna vote a RB MVP who isn't even close to 2k yards and a sub 5.0 ypc as the MVP over the best QB in the NFL this year? Haters gonna hate. But that's ridiculous.

Tom Brady 2017
Passing yards 4,577 1st
Passing TDs 32 3rd
Total Completions 385 2nd
QBR 102.8 3rd

EPIC season by Brady at Age 40. The best ever by a QB of his age. Stop the hate! Give up the props and recognize. GOAT wins MPV #3!!!
Couldn’t agree more, although it’s hard to believe that Wentz still finished with more TD passes despite missing the final 3 games. It’s quite possible that a lot of writers may have leaned towards him, particularly after a somewhat arguable mediocre stretch from Brady to end the season.

MVP also means being ON the field - durability. Who is more durable than this guy!?!?! ...age 40 and still keeps on ticking when getting those hits game after game.

I see people talking about Wentz still leading the nfl in TD and missing the games he did. Just a quick FYI

Eagles- 9 rushing TD (24th in the league)

Patriots- 16 rushing TD (6th in the league)

Couldn’t agree more, although it’s hard to believe that Wentz still finished with more TD passes despite missing the final 3 games. It’s quite possible that a lot of writers may have leaned towards him, particularly after a somewhat arguable mediocre stretch from Brady to end the season.

If the argument was to DQ Brady from MVP consideration in 2016 because he missed 4 games then there is no objective argument whatsoever for Wentz to get MVP.

Also Forehead got MVP once with barely 4000 yards passing, a 95 passer rating and a 27:12 TD/INT ratio.

If Brady doesn’t get MVP then the voters got it wrong. Period.

My ballot

1. Brady
2. Wentz (very close call for #1)
3. Brown
4. Brees
5. Donald

Honorable Mentions: Kamara, Bell, Goff, Wilson, Gurley, Gronkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand