PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 11 (8/12/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FCE70E7E-CBDB-4695-A237-2ACE3741037A.jpeg
How do you suck @ss when you complete 13 of 14 passes?

Now in the first half against Washington’s 1 and 2’s he was under 10 yards passing well into the 2nd quarter.

2 of 4 is better than 12 of 22. :D

Hoyer sucked ass last game and if that's the case over the next few weeks I'd rather have Etling than Hoyer as the # 2.

Wrong direction meaning barely touching the ball in 11v11. But it has to be added that he played with the 1st group as TBs stand in so you might be on to something..;)

In rewatching the game, it seems that Hoyer's throws were late and took forever to get to the receivers. On Patterson's (double) catch on the sidelines he had to wait and practically call for a fair catch waiting for the ball to arrive. Hard to judge the separation the WR's were getting when they many times had to wait for the ball.

View attachment 20967

Now in the first half against Washington’s 1 and 2’s he was under 10 yards passing well into the 2nd quarter.
With a lot of drops.
There is a difference between saying the play doesn’t tell you a lot because of who it was against and saying he sucked.

Of course Webb is a local hero by playing against those guys.

13-14 from last drive of first half on.

Ok.

I don't really care for stats too much but am more curious if you thought he played ok or decent or like shyt.

I just got home from work and will watch the condensed version of the game.

With a lot of drops.
There is a difference between saying the play doesn’t tell you a lot because of who it was against and saying he sucked.

If we’re gonna throw in the drops we also need to include the 2 catches Patterson bailed him out on. 1 was lucky to both not get picked and find it’s way through to Patterson. The other was thrown too inside and Patterson made a nice adjustment.

There was a qb that night who played well but it was for the other team.

With a lot of drops.

I see one drop.

I wonder is there is a place for Keionta Davis on this team. Assuming the relative health of at least 3 of the 4 guys ahead of him where does he see snaps beside garbage time?

I'd hate to take valuable snaps away from a guy like Rivers to get Davis on the field.

He might be as good as Butler.

Let's not go there shall we? Butler wasn't as good in 2017 as he was in 16 but he was still good. Many of the catches made against him where great routes/passes/catches.

Take that Julio Jones TD in the regular season. Jones ripped it away from him at the high point. While Butler had a chance to make that play are we really going to crap on Butler for getting out played by Julio Jones? Seriously?

Do we count the one to Dorsett on the fly route? He did drop it but even if he catches it it’s out of bounds.

My mistake. It should be three drops.

Ok.

I don't really care for stats too much but am more curious if you thought he played ok or decent or like shyt.

I just got home from work and will watch the condensed version of the game.
He started slow then was good.

If we’re gonna throw in the drops we also need to include the 2 catches Patterson bailed him out on. 1 was lucky to both not get picked and find it’s way through to Patterson. The other was thrown too inside and Patterson made a nice adjustment.

There was a qb that night who played well but it was for the other team.
He completed those passes.
Sure he started slow but competing 13/14 is good play regardless of you wanting to make excuses.

He completed those passes.
Sure he started slow but competing 13/14 is good play regardless of you wanting to make excuses.

He did, and lost some completions due to drops. It all leveled out. But let’s not act like level of competition didn’t have anything to do with his 2nd half numbers. He was struggling against Washington’s starters. McCoy didn’t have that problem with ours.

3/9 with 3 drops isn’t horrible.

Do you think he could win a game against a mediocre team playing like that? I don't.

He had throws that were late, off target and threw his receivers into coverage. That was not a good night for him. imo

I think you can throw Allen into your equation as well.

With Allen the equation is different though. Hollister will never have his blocking ability. So with Allen it is more about whether the team can goad him into an extension that lowers his cap hit a bit. Assuming that BB even thinks that it is an issue in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes