PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 11 (8/12/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone seems to be sleeping on Will Tye who spent last year on the practice squad while rehabbing from a foot injury. I give him a punchers chance of showing something at TE to make this roster.

I think his only realistic chance are injuries to Allen or Hollister. Puncher's chance for that to happen sounds about right.

I'm guessing some sort of non-contact injury?

I wont seriously think about it until we hear more but there are a couple of players working with Guerrero on various things - not all to the same extend as Gronk, Brady and Edelman.

It could be anything.

Everyone seems to be sleeping on Will Tye who spent last year on the practice squad while rehabbing from a foot injury. I give him a punchers chance of showing something at TE to make this roster.

He'll need to show that he can catch AND BLOCK better than Hollister, consistently.

I wont seriously think about it until we hear more but there are a couple of players working with Guerrero on various things - not all to the same extend as Gronk, Brady and Edelman.

It could be anything.

Sorry. I forgot the </snark> tag. The "non-contact" part was a joke. Apparently not a good one, though. :)

Do you think he could win a game against a mediocre team playing like that? I don't.

He had throws that were late, off target and threw his receivers into coverage. That was not a good night for him. imo
It was a slow start then he played well. That happens and yes you can win that way, in fact he did.

Do you think he could win a game against a mediocre team playing like that? I don't.

He had throws that were late, off target and threw his receivers into coverage. That was not a good night for him. imo

It is true that he didn't have many reps with 1st offence (so normally he did better later with guys he actually practices with albeit against lower competition) . but that should be no excuse for experienced starter in this league so it was quite painful to watch (also for main receivers who ended up with nothing - which is never a good start)

I was relatively comfortable with him as a backup upon signing (experienced, serviceable game manager knowing the system) despite not offering excitement or any expectations . but on Thursday I thought -- this guy's ceiling might be lower than his floor..

-

Whoever was covering Hogan, "Off with his head!" ;)

Actually, a really sweet double juke by Hogan.
Someone probably replied to this already but I havent' read through the whole thread yet so I'll just say that it looks like Cyrus Jones is the one that got juked.

It is true that he didn't have many reps with 1st offence (so normally he did better later with guys he actually practices with albeit against lower competition) . but that should be no excuse for experienced starter in this league so it was quite painful to watch (also for main receivers who ended up with nothing - which is never a good start)

I was relatively comfortable with him as a backup upon signing (experienced, serviceable game manager knowing the system) despite not offering excitement or any expectations . but on Thursday I thought -- this guy's ceiling might be lower than his floor..

-

Might be a bit more game-planning/scheming to get guys open for this week's game. We'll see how he does with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back